Trump's administration erases protections for transgender people in health care on anniversary of the Pulse nightclub massacre

2 hours ago, asterix said:

IF they can't afford it then they will deal with it. 

More often than not they have chosen death, and that means little to you,  but it may mean something to our healthcare professionals. 

Obama's opinions have changed as evidenced by your our current right to marry. Regardless, that has little to do with what I'm talking about. 

I didn't actually say Trump was transphobic, because I didn't need to. Taking trans-people out of the equation in legislation regarding discrimination speaks for itself. The inclusion of gender identity happened in 2016,  it was a push for progress, and Trump is showing the antithesis of that, as he continues to do. 

• Love 1

I’m actually stunned reading through these comments. On Breatheheavy of all places. Gender identity and transition is not cosmetic. Holy ****. I beg you all to educate yourselves extensively on the what it means to be transgender, and why receiving proper healthcare and the option to transition safely is so incredibly important. This is a devastating setback and will endanger so many transgendered Americans who can’t afford treatment or surgery. Suicide rates could skyrocket. Mental health will become an even bigger issue than it already is within the trans community. And the message this sends to the uneducated masses is that transgender people don’t matter. They’re not real. It’s all in there heads and it’s purely cosmetic. Comparing gender reassignment to a *** **** nose job is absolutely insane and wildly inaccurate. Exhale suddenly feels a lot less safe and I just want to say to any trans members that you are seen and loved and your rights MATTER. Sending you comfort and support. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, asterix said:

Obama did not legalize gay marriage LMAO. Supreme court justices did. Gay marriage was also legal in many states before the supreme court even ruled. His "opinionzz changed" due to pandering. In reality he doesn't support LGBTQ. You need to learn how the law actually works.
Let's get something straight. You think that 0nlY tRanZ pe0ple ch00se DeAtHz? The people that commit suicide, they have far more serious problems than their cosmetic surgeries they want to get/didn't get. Did you know that theres actually a high number of trans people who DID get their transition surgeries and committed suicide years later? Hmm? What are you going to say about them? They got the procedures they wanted and they still committed suicide. Want to know why? Because the transition wasn't the solution to their issues. IF someone goes as far to THINK to kill themselves, what they need is to get their mental issues addressed and get help. The transition surgeries come secondary, what they need FIRST is to get help for their mental health issues. 

There is people who lose 45984lb after being morbidly obese and suffer from body dysmorphia, tons of pounds of loose skin on their entire bodies, and that surgery to get that fixed/removed ISN'T covered. Because it's cosmetic. Do you know how depressing that is for them? The mental issues they have too?
Skin grafts usually isn't covered either because it's cosmetic. Do you know how traumatic it is to have burned skin? And knowing you might not be able to get the grafts?
These ^ are only few examples out of many. Remember, everyone can try to get their cosmetic surgery they wish as long they can afford it.  It's  how the reality is sorry. The tax payers/gov won't pay for those. 
Trans people are not different from those cases above. The body alteration they want to have, is considered cosmetic. Point blank. Period. They have equal rights just like everyone else that have issues (whichever issues) with their bodies and want to get modifications. They are not going to get special rights. It's EQUAL rights. It's how it is!

What Trump did was correct. I don't see why trans should get special treatment. They have equal rights and have provided healthcare services too. Nobody said they will get denied their healthcare. What is being told is that they won't get special treatment. 

All of your examples are people that also deserve coverage,  we stan universal healthcare sis.

Your arguing against a point I didn't make, trans people are not the only people who commit suicide of course. Transition related  procedures are an effective way for treating gender dysphoria, that's the general consensus among the people who have the most information about this. That suicide rates among trans people remains  high is  a mental health concern, that's probably not helped by being invalidated everywhere they turn.

I really don't know what part of a group of people being removed from legislation meant to protect everyone seems equal or fair to you, it is the exact opposite. BUT, like I said earlier, his actions(and your reaction, frankly) speaks for itself. 

• Love 2

Transition surgeries IS cosmetic. You can't change that. We are literally talking about BODY modification. What do you have to say about the countless other people that have severe mental issues/depression because they can't get the cosmetic surgeries they need??? Actually there is high suicide rates of transgender ppl that got their transition surgeries. What d0 y0u have to say ab0ut theM? They got what they wanted, yet they still killed themselves. Hm? Which means, if an individual goes as far to even think to kill themselves, their actual problem is much deeper than their transition procedure or any other surgery for whatever their reasons. What they actually need is to get help for their mental health. The surgeries is literally the last of their concerns if they are going that far as to even think of suicide. Proof is the number of trans that killed themselves AFTER they got the surgeries. But im sure u wont know what to say about that. 
Nobody says that transgender people don't matter. Of course they do, they are human. But what we WON'T do is give them special treatment. They do get EQUAL treatment just like everyone else. They have healthcare services provided. What more do they want??? They will  be treated equally just like everyone else. 

Sending you comfort and support and a bit of information on the subject.

Suicide rates within the trans community either before during or after gender reassignment surgery has everything to do with the harsh realities of a life lived in fear, shame, confusion, isolation, alienation, violence, and being constantly invalidated by an uneducated and ignorant society.

Countless medical professionals will tell you that gender reassignment surgery is Reconstructive, not Cosmetic. The line is hard to draw for some people, especially those who know nothing of the trans experience and the psychological, physiological, and biological implications of what it means to be transgender. We’ve made huge progress in recent years toward understanding and helping our trans communities, but like I said, this is a major setback.  
It’s not about “special treatment”. My god. It’s about acknowledging that what these individuals are experiencing is valid, and that they need medical support. The thought of my trans friends not having access to their hormone treatments any longer makes me absolutely heartbroken and sick inside. This has nothing to do with vanity. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

You need to understand that it's no ones responsibility to provide free cosmetic surgeries just because someone claims a lack of it makes them suicidal.

And you need to understand, that transition has nothing to do with "free cosmetic surgeries". It's stupid to compare a cosmetic surgery like a nose job with the reality of trans people. Please go and  educate yourself. Thank you!

Fortunately, we have health insurance for everyone in Germany.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, asterix said:

And you need to understand that transition surgeries ARE cosmetic surgeries that are treated as they are. They won't be for free. 

"It's stupid to compare a cosmetic surgery like a nose job with the reality of trans people."

Who are you to say that? You have no clue what non-trans people go through, their mental struggles,depression/getting suicidal over appearance/body dysmorphia. Who told you it's just "nosejobs" you so conveniently cherry picked? Do you even know the amount of different surgeries that exist? Who.are.you.to.say. that its stupid to compare that? You go educate yourself please!! you are extremely clueless and it shows!

LMAO give a **** about Europe's ridiculous healthcare system. No government/tax payers should have to cover for reconstructive cosmetic surgeries. P.E.R.I.O.D. Why do I have to pay for someone elses COSMETIC surgery with MY taxes??? Are you okay??

Trans were always fighting for equal rights, they got what they wanted. They will NOT get special treatment.

Haha.

Our healthcare system pays for transitions under certain circumstances, not for cosmetic surgeries. There are good reasons why it's like that! But I'm not responsible to teach you in Germanys healtcare system or educate you about the reality of trans people. Try Google! ;)

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, asterix said:

Well newsflash, trans people aren't the only ones with harsh realities in life,fear,alienation,violence. They have gotten what they wanted, fair and equal rights with everyone else. That's where it stops. And judging by the high number of suicides of people that got their transition, they definitely need to get mental help FIRST before they proceed with any transition surgery .. with their own money of course.

Do you even understand what you write? Nosejobs are "reconstructive" too, that doesn't make them any less of cosmetic. These type of surgeries are cosmetic period.
So tell me, according to you, a pair of fake **** on a transgender woman = not cosmetic, but on a biological woman = cosmetic? 
Chopping male genitals off to turn into a fake cl**oris and open a cavity to resemble a vag**a = not cosmetic, but on biological women vaginoplasty,labiaplasty,vulvaplasty,modification(reduction or anything else)of cl*toral hood = cosmetic? 
Do you get the point? All these are reconstructive cosmetic surgeries. They re-construct body parts for cosmetic purposes while retaining basic functionalities as best as possible.

"We’ve made huge progress in recent years toward understanding and helping our trans communities, but like I said, this is a major setback."

LMAO  HOW IS IT A SETBACK FROM SOMETHING THAT NEVER EXISTED? This never existed! Obama proposal never passed. Do.you.get.it? Did your trans friendsss tell you that? Im pretty sure you lie about these imaginary trans friends because there is no way they wouldn't TELL U that they actually never had these protections. So how is it a setback?? from something that DIDN'T EXIST AT FIRST PLACE? Where were they all the 8 years Obama was president and never implemented this proposal???? 

Your argument is INVALID about "protections being taken away" when they never existed. "Setback" LMAO  :tifflmao:

Wow. Wow. Wow. You are EXTREMELY uneducated. Be more careful. Seriously. When you speak with such conviction from a place of such blatant ignorance, you can do a lot of damage. You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about and you apparently have no interest in stepping outside of yourself and learning. I’m genuinely disgusted, and I have no doubt whatsoever that you genuinely believe what you’re saying, and you genuinely believe that I’m full of ****, and that’s incredibly sad. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, asterix said:

Wow. Wow. Wow. WoW!!! You are EXTREMELY IGNORANT! Be more careful please. The way you keep DODGING everything in my posts is hilarious. All you keep saying is "you are ignorant" while you can't even challenge anything from what ive explained so far in details! YOU CAN'T EVEN DO THAT LMAO! IT ONLY PROVES FURTHER THAT YOU TALK OUT OF YOUR A.S.S.! You HAD NO IDEA that Trump never took away those so called protections, you had NO IDEA that reconstructive cosmetic surgeries are exactly that. COSMETIC surgeries. You had NO IDEA about ALL these surgeries I mentioned. Literally no clue whatsoever. Why are you even quoting me when you don't know what you are talking about? You have no clue. What are you doing? Stop embarrassing yourself further kid. Just like how you got embarrassed for your little lie about your imaginary trans friends that "lost their rights" while those never existed. HAHA.
The ones that actually do the most damage is people like you that have no clue.

I’m not dodging anything in your posts “kid”. I’m telling you that you’re uneducated because the points you’re making, and the information you’re presenting is misguided and harmful. Hilarious that you think my trans friends are imaginary!? What on earth is your problem? The Trump administration lifted protections that were already in place! That is a fact, that is news. Starting to think you’re a troll. This is ridiculous. I keep asking  you to educate yourself because it would drastically broaden your perspective. I don’t have the energy to argue with you on here. Good grief. What a toxic thread. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, asterix said:

Trash reading skills.
Guess what. He never erased those protections. They actually didn't even exist. This Obama healthcare proposal was just that, proposal that never passed.
Go hunt Obama sweetie not Trump.

Trump is trash regardless of his stance on LGBT. I'm not defending Obama either, I think he had his faults too but Trump is an incompetent, racist, demented ******* who is running our country into the ground. A man who makes his own facts up and wants to be a dictator so bad. We're truly living in a nightmare timeline. 

8 minutes ago, asterix said:

Oh wow not only you are ignorant but you lack of comprehension skills LMAOOOOOOOO
My information was precise. YOU on the other hand, didn't present ANYTHING to challenge the details in my posts. Literally NOTHING.

Lemme repeat it for you one more time. PUT IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD. THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION DIDN'T LIFT ANY PROTECTIONS YOU SILLY KID BECAUSE THOSE "PROTECTIONS" NEVER EXISTED AT FIRST PLACE? DO. YOU. UNDERSTAND. THAT. ?
THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION NEVER PASSED THIS PROPOSAL WITH THE SO CALLED PROTECTIONS. IT WAS NEVER ACTIVE. 

DO YOU GET IT? DO YOU? Can you UNDERSTAND that? You are CRYING about some imaginary protections and legislation that NEVER EXISTED.

Go back to school lmao. You can't even read properly. Let alone give anyone a lecture on education. lmao what a joke

Please stop calling me a kid. I’m in my 30’s. You’re aggression is beyond obnoxious. 

#ffffff;color:#262626;font-size:16px;">Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act, known as the Health Care Rights Law, "prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, ***, age or disability in certain health programs and activities." A rule enacted in 2016 interpreted the ban on *** discrimination to include discrimination on the basis of gender identity, building on similar interpretations in other federal civil rights laws and court rulings, and termination of pregnancy.

This was a REGULATION, EFFECTIVELY PROHIBITING DISCRIMINATION IN HEALTHCARE AGAINST TRANSGENDER PATIENTS. The Trump administration has rolled back these regulations. 
Furthermore, gender dysmorphia, and body dysmorphia are two very different things. Reconstructive or corrective surgery isn’t inherently cosmetic. It’s NOT my responsibility to educate you. I would hope that you’d want to take it upon yourself to be more informed. There is a wealth of information out there, and I realize it might be uncomfortable to dive in, especially when you’re so convicted, but it would be a great idea nonetheless.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, asterix said:

Keep believing what you want. I only wanted to clarify that this thread is incorrect. Trump never removed any rights,he was actually the first to support transgenders way back before democrats even thought it was ok to support.

Lol you are a fool to believe that. He never gave a ****.

4 hours ago, asterix said:

I don't care for Europe's trash healthcare system lmao. There is a reason why it's trash. People are not going to agree having their taxes/seeing the gov covering for trans transition fees. It's wrong and a waste of tax money, plain and simple. Why should trans get special treatment over others? They should cover it themselves just like everyone else. So you don't support equal rights, you actually want SPECIAL rights for trans. Interesting!  ;) Funny you tell me about Google! Why don't you take on your own advice to educate yourself? It's clear you have no idea. Haha

The fact remains that : Your (thinly veiled) bigotry doesn't hold a candle to the actual research done on this topic. There are medical professionals whose entire career is doing the research necessary to figure out what aspects of transition are medically necessary, and they certainly aren't saying "none of it". Trump literally removed protections from trans people, and THAT is your version of equality, a world where trans people are less protected, nothing you rationalized has changed any of that. 

• Love 2
  • Leader
6 hours ago, asterix said:

Wow. Wow. Wow. WoW!!! You are EXTREMELY IGNORANT! Be more careful please. The way you keep DODGING everything in my posts is hilarious. All you keep saying is "you are ignorant" while you can't even challenge anything from what ive explained so far in details! YOU CAN'T EVEN DO THAT LMAO! IT ONLY PROVES FURTHER THAT YOU TALK OUT OF YOUR A.S.S.! You HAD NO IDEA that Trump never took away those so called protections, you had NO IDEA that reconstructive cosmetic surgeries are exactly that. COSMETIC surgeries. You had NO IDEA about ALL these surgeries I mentioned. Literally no clue whatsoever. Why are you even quoting me when you don't know what you are talking about? You have no clue. What are you doing? Stop embarrassing yourself further kid. Just like how you got embarrassed for your little lie about your imaginary trans friends that "lost their rights" while those never existed. HAHA.
The ones that actually do the most damage is people like you that have no clue.

Your replies... you’re always upset and angry and lashing out towards someone. If you’d like to message me in private to talk about what may be on your mind, please do. I’m here for you. 

• Love 2
  • Leader

The actual fact remains that: Re-constructive cosmetic surgeries remain that. Cosmetic surgeries. The gov/tax payers DON'T have to pay for those. 
And stop talking about Trump removing ****. He didn't remove anything. IT NEVER EXISTED AT FIRST PLACE. GO BLAME OBAMA FOR NEVER IMPLEMENTING THE PROPOSAL. IT was NEVER active.

READ THIS AND STOP TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT DIDN'T EVEN EXIST
https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/06/12/hhs-finalizes-rule-section-1557-protecting-civil-rights-healthcare.html

I don’t agree that these types of surgeries are simply cosmetic. There’s an entire layer about a transgender person’s mental health that’s not being considered. When you feel trapped in a body that you don’t identify with, a surgery can profoundly change your life - to match how you feel on the inside. Please consider that.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Your replies... you’re always upset and angry and lashing out towards someone. If you’d like to message me in private to talk about what may be on your mind, please do. I’m here for you. 

Thank you for speaking out. This thread had me in tears today.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block