Unpopular Britney Opinions

I suspect some of these are highly unpopular, but:

If I’m Dancing is at least in the top 20 Britney songs of all time

I hate the original choreography to Overprotected. Especially that jogging in place bit during the breakdown. Nothing wrong with the execution, just the choreography itself. The remix, on the other hand, was some of her best.

Just Luv Me has beautiful vocals, but was one of the weakest tracks on Glory. It feels like a Fifth Harmony B-Side.

I don’t understand the hype around Unusual You. I like it fine, but some of the rhyme schemes bother me.

Mannequin is the real hidden masterpiece from Circus.

Album-wise, BOMT>OIDIA. The first half of Oops is flawless, but I hardly ever make it through the end. I love BOMT, cheese and all.

I kinda like Private Show.

Make Me is ok, but definitely shouldn’t have been the first single.

Joy of Pepsi is one of her strongest music videos. 

The Nick* remix of Me Against the Music (without Madonna) is better than the original.

Glory’s bonus tracks were stronger than 90% of the album tracks.

Stronger > Oops I Did It Again

I love both, but prefer the 2000 VMAs to 2001.

I love the 2007 VMA performance. The dance break gives me life.

Final curveball: Britney would make a great female lead to a rock band. I would love if her next album was like Parallel Lines by Blondie (yeah, that’s a big throwback).

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

FF is her best album? Oh boy...lol

I agree with you that DWAD does “look” basic, mainly because of the lack of a backdrop. But I still love the dancing. But the stage was very..blah

It Was Her Dancing Peak I’ll Give You That, I Love Electronic Music So That’s Why I Love FF So Much.

• Femme Fatale is a solid Pop album
    • Up N Down is one of my personal favourite songs
  • Britney Jean would have been better without the over-production
    • If stripped down (like "Perfume"), I think it would have performed well on the charts
  • For future performances, I would like to see other outfits than bikinis
    • I know, it's like her uniform, but it would be nice to see different pieces like from the ABC In The Zone special
  • Would love to see another animated video, especially a continuation of "Break The Ice"
    • I don't think "Kill The Lights" is the second part of the video
  • I wished more of her happier songs were released as singles
    • Think of "Anticipating," "That's Where You Take Me,"  and "Don't Hang Up"
  • "Britney" may be her best album
    • She was literally not a girl, not yet a woman, and was experimenting with her sound
  • I really liked Britney with Jason Trawick, I thought they would have lasted
  • Love 3

Gimme More is one of my favorite videos of hers. Also, I like Big Fat Bass :gagasmile:

I think the Britney album is the equivalent of the Britney Jean album, but for her prime. It's overproduced, cheap and dated sounding, and one of her worst albums. Just like BJ, it was an attempt to be personal and had an original album direction that got changed too.

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

I really don’t mind the glitch in Alien and I don’t think the Randee screen shot cover is that bad, just boring. I mean I prefer David Lachapelle’s over Randee’s but the cover never bothered me much, just boring and didn’t bother me that they used a screenshot because they could have used any screen shot of the David Lachappelle video and I could care less if there’s a slight grain as she served looks and looking immaculate in every frame. You know she was feeling it.  

• Love 1
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Gimme More is one of my favorite videos of hers. Also, I like Big Fat Bass :gagasmile:

I think the Britney album is the equivalent of the Britney Jean album, but for her prime. It's overproduced, cheap and dated sounding, and one of her worst albums. Just like BJ, it was an attempt to be personal and had an original album direction that got changed too.l

This!  “Big Fat Bass” Especially The Live Performance Megamix With Previous Hits Of Hers Is A Bop.  

• Love 2

-I haven’t listened to ITZ in full in years

And I think it’s unpolished album

-Clumsy is great song and should be a single 

-Slumber party MV is underrated 

-the BBMA 2016 performance is magnificent And so so underrated 

-radar is a flawless song AND also the music video 

-Circus  the album deserves more praise and its not fillers

:cigney:

• Love 3

Here we go:

Rebellion would never be a hit song, if she released it officially.

(I've Just Begun) Having My Fun deserved to be a single instead of Do Somethin'.

Gimme More VMA performance was a really good performance.

Toxic is the most trashy video of her entire carreer.

Don't Hang Up is a good song, I love the songs she wrote.

I can't stand the old hits after more than 10 years of being performed exhaustly in the Piece Of Me Residence, she could use something else sometimes.

I can't see the problem most people have with Soda Pop.

Piece of Me music video was almost good but it didn't deserve a VMA Video of The Year Award for it.

Outrageous should've been the first single of In The Zone.

Almost all the remixes they've put in the singles are awful.

I like the first Glory album cover.

Circus is worse than Britney Jean.

Femme Fatale is better than Glory.

What do you think?

• Like 2
13 hours ago, hybirdfox said:

So what are some opinions about Britney you have that most of her fan base or GP normally don’t agree on? I see myself having a lot of unpopular opinions based on what I read here. Here’s some of mine

- Glory is overrated
- Break the Ice video is good
- The Happiest Britney ever looked was in Chaotic 
- Work B was actually one of my least fav songs from BJ. I used to like most of the tracks of the album the first couple years after the album release
- Brave New Girl is one of my fav songs from ITZ

anyways this is some of mines, please don’t kill me! Let me hear yours

Brave New Girl is a great song, I enjoy listening to it, it has such uplifting sound. Unlike many fans, I think the song does fit in the album's ****** awakening vibe (She's gonna wish on stars and touch the sky, you know what I mean) but it's just that its sound is too bubblegum, too childish compared to the rest of the tracklist. 

• Love 2

Touch of my hand> breathe on me

Glory is overrated

^ so is What You Need

Toxic is not her most iconic song

Femme Fatale is one of her most cohesive albums and was so successful for a reason

Circus is one of her most underrated albums imo

My Baby isn’t bad besides the beginning verse lol

Coupure Electrique & If Im Dancing are extremelyyyy underappreciated

Circus Tour is her best tour

Radar doesn’t deserve the hate it gets

Someday is her best ballad

3 is one of her best singles period.

Work ***** is trash

Oops>Baby

Everybody is actually such a bop ngl

• Love 2

Weak music videos,bweak album covers and titles affected her sales majorly.

BJ - not a good album title, not a good cover and although work b was okay (a tad basic tbh but I like it), Perfume the song and video were extremely weak and forgettable. Any other song on the album would have been better.

Glory - not a good title or cover. Make Me is fine but not iconic and too slow for a Brit lead single. 

All about choices team b

A lot of things, including :

- ...Baby One More Time is my favorite album

- I don't like almost at all Femme Fatale , Britney Jean and Glory with the exception of very few songs

- I don't think Blackout is her "best album"

- I don't hate Justin 

- I like every songs from BOMT, maybe a bit less the cover The Beat Goes On

Circus is better than Blackout