Starbucks reverses decision, designs Black Lives Matter shirt for employees to wear

1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

And...you guys said nothing? :whatitellu:

Starbucks posted support about blm on social and donated a sum to it . They’ve also had discussions about it like pretty much every day. They’re working on a shirt for baristas to wear to show support , like they do with pride ... not sure the outrage .... Starbucks baristas can’t wear clothes with words on it that isn’t Starbucks branded . So they’re designing a shirt for baristas ! 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Intheblue said:

Starbucks posted support about blm on social and donated a sum to it . They’ve also had discussions about it like pretty much every day. They’re working on a shirt for baristas to wear to show support , like they do with pride ... not sure the outrage .... Starbucks baristas can’t wear clothes with words on it that isn’t Starbucks branded . So they’re designing a shirt for baristas ! 

Just changed a major policy 

• Super Mods

Honesty I feel it commercializes the movement when brands get involved like producing their own t shirts. 

it’s like “oh we support you! But do it in OUR way by wearing this T-shirt we designed that is not too offensive but still a little shout out like hey we still support! So keep buying our coffee!” If you are afraid your employees would express something offensive or something you have no control over, I think laying down guidelines for handmade stuff like shirts need to be black or lettering can’t contain profanity. I just think it’s stupid to produce a shirt when it’s about letting the people’s voices be heard not under a corporate’s. Again it’s about power to the people not the higher ups!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block