Starbucks reverses decision, designs Black Lives Matter shirt for employees to wear

• Leader

Update: Starbucks decided to reverse their decision. Employees CAN wear clothing related to the Black Lives Matter movement. In fact, they're designing a BLM shirt for employees to wear. 

"This movement is a catalyst for change, and right now, it's telling us a lot of things need to be addressed so we can make space to heal," Starbucks said announcing the new T-shirt design.

This is how a company should handle things :mimiclap: They see outrage because of this wrong decision, (though they were trying to protect their employees from potential threats), then made immediate change.

Below is the new T shirt design:

200612102435-starbucks-blm-movement-tshi

Earlier:

It's a controversial day for Starbucks.

Following the news they are closing 400 stores in North America, the company is under fire for not allowing their employees to wear anything related to Black Lives Matter.

In a memo obtained by Buzzfeed News, corporate said wearing clothing and accessories that support or highlight the Black Lives Matter could be misunderstood and potentially incite violence.

The memo pointed employees to a now-deleted video which its VP of inclusion and diversity explained that "agitators who misconstrue the fundamental principles" of the movement and could use them to "amplify divisiveness."

The notice follows Starbucks public support of the Black Lives Matter movement on social media.

It's worth pointing out Starbucks previously allowed employees to wear symbols related to gay pride.

Thoughts?

sub-buzz-1462-1591767759-5.png?downsize=

Related:

blm-starbucks.jpg

Well. Its well Known Starbucks never supported the military or the wars. 

Rumor was the CEO believed that The military is one of the dumbest branches ever. Anybody willing to sacrifice themselves for a country is selfish and quite frankly worth getting killed. 

When word got out especially due to the Iraq war. Starbucks was boycotted by people who had family members serving in the military. 

47 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Totally disagree with you on this one. :teigen: 

Putting your life on the line to defend a nation's freedom is very honorable in my book. 

Not saying war = good. 

I was saying what the CEO said once the Iraq war happened.

He was fired back in 2010 when it finally got out what he said. 

I work for Starbucks corporate and this is so not right. Literally Starbucks baristas cannot wear non Starbucks gear with writing on it, so they’re working on a official Starbucks shirt/pin to highlight the black lives matter movement. To be honest I don’t think it will say black lives matters but it will probably say standing in unity with the black community against racism or something. It’s so random how this blew up. Like literally I was on the call when this was discussed 

• Love 2

Don't know how it's in the USA but in my country, EVERY single department of the government has strict clothing guidelines when it comes to expressing politics or religion.

Example; somebody at the DMV isn't allowed to wear a catholic necklace nor a rainbow (gaypride) pin nor a shirt with BLM.

This has been for years as we are supposed to be neutral. I work for the government myself and I distance myself from anything like this cause they could fire me for this. It isn't just for the BLM marches but for everything... we also aren't allowed tattoos nor piercings that people could see or we have to hide them.

I personally am okay with it. I get some people would be offended if I wore a pride shirt at work. So I understand Starbucks when they say they want to be neutral and don't want to upset people. As I said, in my country this is just a normal thing since forever...I don't know if it's like this in the USA...

10 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Totally disagree with you on this one. :teigen: 

Putting your life on the line to defend a nation's freedom is very honorable in my book. 

Not saying war = good. 

He was quoting what Starbucks was rumored to believe about the military.

Now, in a slightly different subject, people who fight for "a country" may very well be worth cheering for their bravery, pride and honor. That doesn't mean that, most of the time,  the honorable people are fighting for motivations that a

And who said you can't cancel a huge, decade defining brand? Ask Toy's R Us, Sears, Blockbuster and so on and on

5 hours ago, Intheblue said:

I work for Starbucks corporate and this is so not right. Literally Starbucks baristas cannot wear non Starbucks gear with writing on it, so they’re working on a official Starbucks shirt/pin to highlight the black lives matter movement. To be honest I don’t think it will say black lives matters but it will probably say standing in unity with the black community against racism or something. It’s so random how this blew up. Like literally I was on the call when this was discussed 

And...you guys said nothing? :whatitellu:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block