Starbucks is permanently closing 400 stores in North America

• Leader

Coronavirus wreaks havoc on both small and large businesses. 

Although Starbucks was permitted to remain open during the pandemic (drive-through only), they projected a loss in the billions, or around a 45% drop in sales.

As a result, they're closing 400 stores in North America. ~200 in the US, and ~200 in Canada. 

That's to be expected I guess? People weren't/aren't leaving their homes for weeks. I feel like Starbucks can bounce back from this.

starbucks.jpg.77b44a5a8c13fe8cabda9ba5b3cc7dd6.jpg

• Love 2

There are a lot of starbucks that were opened for the sake of gaining territory in certain regions. I bet they will leave their most profitable stores open and look into opening delivery hubs (no customers) for apps like caviar, ubereats and grubhub. I foresee most restaurants moving into this type of arena. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators
15 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Really? Not even once like, say you're in the middle of nowhere and you need coffee and there's a Starbucks just across the street? :idkney:

No, I actually don't drink coffee ether but I do love the smell it's one of my fave scents ever. 

My body can't handle it I get very over stimulated and super hyped like to the point where I talk for hours and I'm just like go go go, after the effect I get a huge headache.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

3 minutes ago, Midnight said:

I get very over stimulated

Is that so. :orly:

Spoiler

Noted. :tiffdrink:

Same. I'm not really big on coffee. I prefer milk and/or milkshakes. :imacat: But I do drink coffee when I need it. Like pulling an all nighter and then going to school or work with only 2 hours of sleep, that's the only time.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block