Report claims Tidal grossly manipulated the streaming counts for Beyonce's 'Lemonade' and Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo'

• Leader

tidal.jpg.5a5795393ccc368cf422bb3a9f8c9690.jpg

A Norwegian financial newspaper named Dagens Næringsliv (DN) obtained one of TIDAL's data hard drives, and if the contents on the drive are real, it revealed the streaming platform’s play-counts for two major albums from 2016 – Beyoncé’s Lemonade and Kanye West’s The Life Of Pablo – were massively inflated.

DN says the hard drive contained ‘billions of rows of [internal TIDAL data]: times and song titles, user IDs and country codes.’

Tidal denies its real/accurate. 

It gets worse... a recent Norwegian Supreme Court Appeals Committee ruling says TIDAL has been an official suspect in a “serious data fraud investigation” by the Norwegian authorities since June 21 last year.

Just an FYI, Lemonade debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 with 653,000 with additional album-equivalent units, including 485,000 copies in its first week of sales.

So, how many copies did Lemonade really sell :beysip:

Regardless, it's still an immaculate body of work.

Related:

• Love 2
  • Haha 7
2 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

And water is wet. I love bey, but it’s clear those streaming numbers were inflated. And once billboard starting investigating, all of her releases after had significantly less opening week numbers. You don’t go from 600k opening week for lemonade to 123k within two years with everything is love. That’s sketchy. That’s also probably why she hasn’t released an album in awhile.

Everything is love is pure trash :deserves:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 7

I’m not surprised, although I did activate my Tidal trial just to watch Lemonade. I also love The Life of Pablo:mcorangu:

Not a good look though, especially when Tidal is owned by Jay-Z. There’s a reason it still hasn’t taken off like Spotify and Apple Music have, even with the exclusive streaming deals they had. Both Lemonade and TLOP are streaming everywhere now too. I do think it’s cool that Tidal offers lossless sound quality though.

• Love 3

this is not new, but come on Lemonade is iconic like it or not!

Bey is still iconic, formation iconic, on the run tours iconic.... 

Britney need to learn  a little from this gurl.

specially the phrase " Remixed, Reimagined and Still Iconic"

and when you see the show just changed the order of the songs and added 4 songs :imacat:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

tidal.jpg.5a5795393ccc368cf422bb3a9f8c9690.jpg

A Norwegian financial newspaper named Dagens Næringsliv (DN) obtained one of TIDAL's data hard drives, and if the contents on the drive are real, it revealed the streaming platform’s play-counts for two major albums from 2016 – Beyoncé’s Lemonade and Kanye West’s The Life Of Pablo – were massively inflated.

DN says the hard drive contained ‘billions of rows of [internal TIDAL data]: times and song titles, user IDs and country codes.’

Tidal denies its real/accurate. 

It gets worse... a recent Norwegian Supreme Court Appeals Committee ruling says TIDAL has been an official suspect in a “serious data fraud investigation” by the Norwegian authorities since June 21 last year.

Just an FYI, Lemonade debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 with 653,000 with additional album-equivalent units, including 485,000 copies in its first week of sales.

So, how many copies did Lemonade really sell :beysip:

Regardless, it's still an immaculate body of work.

Related:

was thinking bout this the other day how reliable is Spotify as well when it comes to album and single counts ...  Will we see a reverse of criteria where album sales is only based on physical album and full album purchase online and not streaming counts ..?

2 hours ago, Itscuzim31 said:

I’d rather her not learn from someone who had to lie and fake her way to the top. Britney always overshadowed Beyoncé up until she got new management and started paying media outlets (and apparently her and her husbands streaming platform) to make her seem more popular than she actually is. 

britney walks around stage blatantly lip syncing and people still lose their minds and kick started a whole new era of Vegas entertainment. THAT is star power. THAT is being an Icon. Nala can learn a lot from Brit. 

get a good  media management is not a crime. and the product is good. the bands of beyonce are another level, britney could be iconic but she could reach more with a better management

and about manipulation of the lists.

for me its better a great media campaign than a  manipulation of list is from forever, the ***  prostitation in the industry for positioning , just saw hollywood on netflix the same apply for music industry.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block