Someone Disrespected Selena Quintanilla’s Statue and I’m Angry

rawImage.jpg

Someone disrespected Selena’s statue (El Mirado de la Flor) And I’m Angry!

He can have any political views he wants but please don’t involve an icon like Selena. Selena never involved politics into anything she gave us and he has no right to do this. Not to mention, he’s a Latino! I’m embarrassed AF.

A photo of the iconic Selena statue in Corpus Christi wearing a Trump hat has sparked outrage from fans of the Tejano singer.

The Corpus Christi Crónica, a bilingual newspaper in Nueces County, posted a photo of a man named Joe Michael Perez with a caption detailing his support for President Donald Trump. Perez, who owns a Trump memorabilia shop inside the Corpus Christi Trade Center, submitted the photo himself to Eric Lee Tunchez, the Crónica’s business owner.

Selena’s dad also commented on this.

"I think he is a disrespectful idiot," says Abraham Quintanilla, Selena's father. "Selena was never involved with politics."

Full article HERE (Article links the guy’s Facebook account)

Also, This isn’t the first time the statue is disrespected. 

u73en5dlrpm41.jpg

What are your thoughts?

He was also interviewed. This is what he had to say.

selena-trump.jpg.d899d08f5cd2bf2621a461c8140b1662.jpg

• Like 1
Just now, Britneyarmy8 said:

as if she would support him? tf ew

she literally broke barriers for spanish music in the us

this is gross, cant they leave their weird culty obsession over a president out of a memorial for a young artist who was brutally ******** 

Exactly. It’s disgusting! It goes against everything she stood and still stands for. 

• Like 2

Okay what the actual fu.ck. This makes me so f.ucking angry. :beat: The face mask and life vest aren't terrible - I'm sure they don't come from a place of negativity. However, putting a f.ucking Trump hat on her?? BEYOND DISRESPECTFUL. At this point, I want the statue made off limits to people. They shouldn't be allowed to vandalize both the statue and her legacy. Knowing how dumb people can be, someone might see this photo and actually think she's associated with him. God I'm disgusted and horrified. :crying1:

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block