Madonna's Madame X celebrates its one-year anniversary this Sunday

The one year anniversary of Madonna's critically acclaimed album "Madame X" happens this Sunday. It's her most politically charged album to-date. From "God Control" tackling gun control on a disco floor. Even The Lyric God and ****ography. A new democracy actually is basically the state of the US culture. 

To "Batuka" (where David Banda is a co writer as well) even boldly states that Donald Trump belongs in a jail cell. 

To "Killers" who are partying where Madonna admits she would rather take the pain and suffering of all the minorities around the world in order to let them breathe. 

But she does acknowledge. She knows who she is, and she knows who she's not. 

But she also asks the listener, do you know who you are? And what you're worth as well. 

To talking in Extreme Occident. How at one point she did lose sight of who she was and basically felt lost and blames no one but herself, but does state she wasn't lost and has the right to do whatever she wants. To looking for mercy. 

Where she's seeking forgiveness and redemption. Stating nobody taught her what was accepted and what wasn't accepted to end the album, which had become the official anthem of World Pride 2019. Madonna was picked by Stonewall themselves as the official ambassador.

I RISE BECAME THE OFFICIAL PRIDE ANTHEM.  

Madonna's rave reviewed World Pride set was seen as  a preview of her upcoming Madame X theater tour..

But the best material can't be streamed or is available in the US. A two CD, hard book, limited edition was offered outside North America and South America. Many fans agree the three songs could have easily replaced some of the tracks. 

She even reworked a fav Rebel heart leaked track and included it in the limited edition 2 CD set.

1053135938_images-2020-06-11T023737_929.jpeg.67005055771f1353fdab6da4d8141cfb.jpeg

• Love 1

Although I love some tracks (God Control, Killers, Extreme Occident, Crave, I Rise, Looking for Mercy, Crazy), this is the album with the biggest number of songs that I absolutely hate (Back That Up to The Beat, Dark Ballet, Medellín, ***** I'm Loca, Batuka).

This was the first time in M's discography that I hated the lead single, so I guess this is one of her worst eras.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block