If My baby was removed from Circus. It would have been her first proper album from beginning to end.

Spicechinodiva

Circus overall is a flawless album. But one giant misstep of a mess actually ruined her most cohesive album to date.

My Baby. The song she wrote for Jayden and Sean Preston..

It's well noted. She is not meant to be a singer songwriter. Her best songs come from songs written by other people that the label paid huge money to get it. 

Most fans name My Baby as one of her worst songs ever. It's often tied for #1 with the very cringeworthy Dear Diary. 

It definitely ruined Circus from being an overall flawless album. We get she loves her boys. But Someday is a better somh than My Baby. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think My Baby is definitely underrated by fandom. I skipped the song for very long time because it was so cringy ("I smell your breath") :yesokay: but I give it a try and it became listenable. It's not her best but also not her worst:yaknow:. I still prefer it over Rock Boy tho.

45 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It would have been her first proper album from beginning to end.

uh no

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Britney.png7604767466f0bca8e09051dab5bc5e1b.jpgBritney_Spears_-_Blackout.pngscreen-shot-2020-05-08-at-4.16.44-pm-e1588981653521.png?w=450&h=447

45 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It definitely ruined Circus from being an overall flawless album. 

Also no, the album had a few good songs but it was mostly fillers

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Circus overall is a flawless album. But one giant misstep of a mess actually ruined her most cohesive album to date.

My Baby. The song she wrote for Jayden and Sean Preston..

It's well noted. She is not meant to be a singer songwriter. Her best songs come from songs written by other people that the label paid huge money to get it. 

Most fans name My Baby as one of her worst songs ever. It's often tied for #1 with the very cringeworthy Dear Diary. 

It definitely ruined Circus from being an overall flawless album. We get she loves her boys. But Someday is a better somh than My Baby. 

Dear diary - I love that track - you mean brightest morning star or chillin with you - awful tracks 

i kinda love „my baby“ but not because of the lyrics. i always have the same problem with certain songs from her: mood ring, inside out, invitation, make me... i really like the way they sound but the lyrics are always the same theme. imagine havin „make me“ or „invitation“ with other lyrics - something about self confidence - feeling powerful etc. 

2 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

uh no

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Britney.png7604767466f0bca8e09051dab5bc5e1b.jpgBritney_Spears_-_Blackout.pngscreen-shot-2020-05-08-at-4.16.44-pm-e1588981653521.png?w=450&h=447

Also no, the album had a few good songs but it was mostly fillers

Have to disagree! I used to think the same but the album has aged really well! Britney experimented so much on the album! You can tell they threw it together last minute and promoted it was the most poppy songs but you can tell Brit was in the studio having a blast. Each track is so unique and well done and the most cringey songs (mmm Papi, mannequin, lace and leather) have aged incredibly well! 

Archived