Geri Halliwell's solo debut album Schizophonic is viewed as the third Spice girls album and for solid reasons.

Spicechinodiva

The solo debut album Schizophonic by Geri Halliwell is definitely considered a fan favorite of the spice girls solo albums. Oddly it's viewed by most Spicers as the proper Spice Girls Third album..

Even Attitude agreed. That If Geri didn't leave The Spice girls. The music would still be British and very tongue in cheek humor. Forever wouldn't exist if Geri had stayed. And given How Holler was remixed to a very Geri campy Track on the girls last tour proves R&B R&B Spice wouldn't have happened. 

Out of all the solo careers Geri truly stayed true to the Spice esque brand of pop throughout her solo career.

Very British,  Very campy and Very fun and not serious. Basically someone who knee their lane and stayed in it..

Definitely makes Geri being the brainchild of The Spice girls sound and image more true. 

Whether people admit it or not..

Schizophonic uses one half of the producers of The Spice girls biggest hits. ABSOLUTE.  the other being Biff and Rowe. 

But it's Geri Halliwell's solo debut album that continues the girl power anthems from Bag It up and the very tongue in cheek video that the gays love her for. 

British Comedian Robert Twitchum said in the Spice Girls podcast. Album started to Flop in the UK. But Geri was Brilliant  and started marketing the album to the Gay fan base and it worked. 3 back to back #1 singles. A double platinum album. 

Let's not forget her performance at the 2000 brits outshined her former group who was getting the nights biggest honor. 

Outstanding contribution to British music. Even as a solo artist..she outshined her former group. Let's face it. Geri is the Spice girls whether everybody admits it or not.

He also admits. The album title Schizophonic would not work in today's PC culture climate. It would be rude and offensive. Thankfully in 1999. That wasn't the case. 

Ironically. Schizophonic is the best selling solo Spice album in the US. Peaking in the top 50 of the US Billboard 200 and going gold. Even in the US. Geri outsold Forever by the Spice girls..

Stream the Album to understand The real mastermind of The Spice girls..Geri Halliwell 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Tell me why is very shady.. Read the lyrics. It's the girls anger track at Geri.. They were shady

Yeah but it's a super duper bop. :barbie: It's almost as solid as Holler and some days I think it's even a little better. I loved it then and I still love it now. :mattafact:

Everyone knows Geri was the soul and the backbone of the Spice Girls, didn't she write/co-write many of the songs/singles? She's the weakest singer of the 5, but she's great at songwriting and stage presence...well back then, not she's channeling FFney.

I remember someone on VH1 saying many years ago (soon after she left) that one you take 1 spice out of the ingredients, the meal doesn't taste the same.

AshamedImpracticalAfricancivet-max-1mb.g

Archived