Who had the bigger peak? Katy Perry or Ariana Grande?

10 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Um... 

well as much as I love to boast on my stan twitter acct for shaki that Shakira has 15 (both Latin and US combined) Grammys. That does not define an artist at all. I mean just look at how much Mariah was snubbed back in the day despite being literally one of the best singers of all time. Both katy and Ariana deserve more Grammys 

Plus, what about Britney? 1 Grammy? :wontcry:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Katy's peaked and will likely never reach similar heights again and we havent seen Ariana's peak yet but i imagine she will become a true legend like Mariah and Celine if she makes the right moves and it really seems like she is. I think we havent even seen the best of Ari yet and i'm just  a casual fan of hers(i like a lot more of Katy's songs) but Aris music is getting better and she's getting more confident.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

As of right now, I’d say Katy’s peak was bigger- despite the fact that I prefer Ariana. But I think Ariana is in her peak right now. I think Ariana is a better artist overall, and I think she’ll have longer legs. She also has the benefit of growing into her peak, rather than being number one from the get go, I think teens right now really like her and as they enter their 20s they’ll still listen to her and think she’s cool. I think most of Katy’s audience grew up and aren’t interested anymore. 

I think Katy's peak was definitely higher. Teenage Dream is one of the most successful eras in pop history.

Although the same can be said for a lot of Katy's music, Ariana's new music is more of the time and will sound very dated soon. Imagine Ariana as a 40 year old legacy artist singing 7 rings and Thank U Next with all of her "yuhs" and cringey use of AAVE (african american vernacular english). The GP only started liking her after she capitalized off of the tragedies she went through, so idk how long that will last.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

Although it seems like it, Ariana Grande is still not at her peak :mhm: she's nearing it though. It's similar to how people believed ITZ was Britney's peak but it turned out to be Circus and FF in the end (if you're looking at singles and charting). Katy was definitely enormous, i was never a huge fan of hers but her success is undeniable. We're yet to see if Ariana will reach it but I believe she will. Plus, something Ariana already has over Katy is grammy awards, although I believe Grammy's are **** but oh well :umomg:

Katy definitely had the bigger peak, because my parents actually know who she is and could probably tell you a few of her songs. My parents only really know who Ariana Grande is because of the Manchester Tribute concert which they watched on TV and they had never heard of her before that and still probably couldn’t tell you any of her songs, although they did think she was a good singer.

Katy Perry’s music at her peak was instantly recognisable, catchy and appealed to a wider audience I feel. Although her career has slumped since Teenage Dream.

If my parents, who don’t really listen to music know who they are, then their peak must’ve been huge.

By the by, I don’t like either of them.:trash:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block