Is Bipolar a Justification for a Permanent C-ship?

Arckangel

Though some media outlets ( such as People or the Daily Mail ) reported Britney to have a bipolar condition, I'm not sure her medical records and diagnoses were ever made public. Britney once jokingly referred to "bipolar disorder" in a special. Now, whether or not she truly does have bipolar, could her team use bipolar or whatever or condition as an excuse to keep her locked in that c-ship for even longer?

I suppose that's what is going since she is still under c-ship after 12 years and 4 months, and a legal justification is required (though it may be pure chicanery at point).

I am not a medical doctor, and each case is different. All I know is that a lot of people (incl. some rich celebrities) w/ bipolar (or other conditions) manage to retain their legal freedom; they simply need to monitor their health, consult doctors, therapists, etc. And they are aided by assistants, advisers, etc. Team c-ship wants the public (and esp. the court) to believe Brit is apt enough to work but still gravely disabled in the mental sense and cannot function without the parameters of a permanent c-ship (personal & financial).

IF Britney does have bipolar, could it prevent her from obtaining her freedom?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it is, no. The whole concept of the conservatorship (from what I've grasped) is that they're meant for people who basically cannot do anything for themselves, or make rational decisions. I do find it concerning how her mental state has seemingly regressed from the last time she really spoke openly about her situation in FTR, though. As much as I'd like to think there would be professionals around her giving her the best advice and ways of dealing, I find myself doubting it, especially as more and more has been dug up about how the c'ship is being handled.

And even if it is purely for "financial reasons", it's still wrong. I'm sure her kids have a trust fund set aside, so if she wanted to spend the entirety of her fortune, she should have the autonomy to do it - it's just that there'd be nothing to feed the vultures on the payroll.

NO IS JUSTIFICABLE.

Many people in the industry suffer from Bipolarity like Catherine Zeta-Jones, Mariah Carey, Demi Lovato, Kayne West, etc. and none of those people have permanent guardianship.

If she suffers from an illness she should have another procedure and another treatment.

Guardianship is not an option for her.

The conservatorship is for people with severe dementia and the elderly.

The guardianship is for people who cannot manage their fortune.

There is another very important step that her father, her family, her team, her lawyers and it seems that the judge has also omitted is that she has to accept entering a guardianship(of course, before accepting she had to have a guardianship notice) and has to agree with who she wants to have as a guardian.

Guardianship/Conservatorship is also not justifiable and an excuse to protect it from guys like Sam Lufti.
Guardianship/Conservatorship is also not justifiable to recover her children since guardianship makes her dependen(medical disability) on a guardian and she loses her civil rights and much less can she have custody or regain custody of her children.

These are facts that are by law.

Regarding her mental health, they cannot make a diagnosis as they did to her, it is not legal and they demonstrate a lack of professional ethics.You cannot make a diagnosis as they did to her, according to medical reports.

In 2008, I read that even the medications they gave her were not FDA approved and that they were very dangerous and powerful.

Hell no if that was the case, Lady Gaga, Demi Levato and Mariah Carey (who all have mental issues) would be in a C-ship. They ****ed her over big time and if she has any mental illness now, it's cause they drugged her for 12 years with medication she did not need!

I get mad everytime I talk about this subject, damn I hope they all rot in hell for eternity!

22 minutes ago, nakedsoldier said:

Hell no if that was the case, Lady Gaga, Demi Levato and Mariah Carey (who all have mental issues) would be in a C-ship. They ****ed her over big time and if she has any mental illness now, it's cause they drugged her for 12 years with medication she did not need!

I get mad everytime I talk about this subject, damn I hope they all rot in hell for eternity!

Not only can they do great damage to her brain if she receives medication for 12 years without her being diagnosed(obviously she may have symptoms of bipolar and schizophrenia if she receives these medications for these years) for example, she can also have diabetes and bowel problems, that's why this whole situation is very serious and dangerous and nobody wants to be aware.

You've all made great points. There is one source that claims she is schizophrenic, but they have yet to show the receipts. Dementia? She may, like many, forget certain things, but she also remembers a lot, and I fail to understand why would she still be considered w/ dementia by the court.

TMZ made a slip up by saying she was never officially diagnosed with Bipolar. 

Therefore who knows what the real reason for the c-ship is. And I know plenty who have bipolar and they're totally fine as long as they take their meds. Whatever Lou planted in Jamie's head.... It's BAD. So bad that it was convincing enough for the judge to approve it and allow this c-ship to go on for 12+ yrs now. 

1 hour ago, Arckangel said:

You've all made great points. There is one source that claims she is schizophrenic, but they have yet to show the receipts. Dementia? She may, like many, forget certain things, but she also remembers a lot, and I fail to understand why would she still be considered w/ dementia by the court.

Guardianship and Conservatorship complement each other.

To be under guardianship, her diagnosis must be dementia and if her or any person do not have dementia, it is difficult for her to be under guardianship, that is why her father, her team, and her lawyers say that she had and has dementia, a conservatorship is for economic benefits and that person has to have severe schizophrenia and for that reason, she cannot manage her fortune.

I mean those "are the legal steps".

When they have already accomplished these steps, this no longer works and they say and tell that she suffers from bipolar.

Then with the passage of time, it is assumed that she is medicated with a bipolarity.

her father, her team, close people tell the press off the record that she suffers from bipolarity and that is one of the reasons for guardianship/conservatorship.

it's 'funny' that her doctor died like one or two weeks before he had to handle court her medical records. whatever people say I still find this veeery odd and mysterious.
i think he was on her side and he could have been paid during all these years to give her inappropriate medication/or label her with a certain mental disease. 

2 minutes ago, EasyThere said:

Agree that she is prime example of MK ultra abuse victim. But with that being said. She was doing fine in 2008/09. Whatever they did to her post 2010. It messed her up greatly.

Something happened on the HIAM music video shooting i think..

32 minutes ago, YannFrance said:

she suffers from MK ultra abuse, she needs guidance for sure. She's acting so weird when she's doing everything by herself it's almost scary.

Who do you think did that to her? Or continue to do so? I don't think she ever had bipolar disorder. She has dissociative identity disorder as a result of continuous abuse during childhood (father Jamie and creeps at Disney?) as well as in adulthood,  remember rumors on Jason beating her? 

1 minute ago, Yok1 said:

Who do you think did that to her? Or continue to do so? I don't think she ever had bipolar disorder. She has dissociative identity disorder as a result of continuous abuse during childhood (father Jamie and creeps at Disney?) as well as in adulthood,  remember rumors on Jason beating her? 

Jason Alexander? Wow i didn't knew that

Archived