"Mood Ring" Debuts at #23 on Billboard's Bubbling Under Hot 100

We did a good job! We proved that Britney is still huge and we made justice for Mood Ring. We united ourselves to this cause and I believe she must be very happy with us. We could show Britney that we are still here for her. Unfortunately we are passing through harsh times and that made some of us pay attention to other things. Remember: even if there weren't any charts, the most important thing is to love her and appreciate what she does, she works to make us happy.happy britney spears GIF by X Factor Global

• Love 3

What exactly were some of you expecting? It’s a FOUR YEAR OLD SONG that was already on the internet with hundreds of thousands of views. What kinda of promo would an old song get? You think she’d run out and film a video, do a photoshoot and do some quarantine interviews to talk about it and perform in her backyard? Some of you missed the entire point of it being released in the first place. 

• Haha 4

Bummer, I was really hoping it would make it on the hot 100. 

I really don’t get the billboard hot 100 anymore. It’s so stagnant. It seems like most of the songs in the top 20 have been out for a long time. Like Don’t Start Now, I mean it’s a bop, but it came out over 6 months ago. I know it was kinda a slow climb for it, but sheesh. And it’s seems like every year now there’s a new song or 2 that stay at number 1 for like 10 plus weeks. I also don’t get why streaming is so biased towards hip hop, can anyone explain this to me? Is it just that popular? Am I just old? Lol cause I don’t know the majority of songs on the hot 100 anymore. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

Bummer, I was really hoping it would make it on the hot 100. 

I really don’t get the billboard hot 100 anymore. It’s so stagnant. It seems like most of the songs in the top 20 have been out for a long time. Like Don’t Start Now, I mean it’s a bop, but it came out over 6 months ago. I know it was kinda a slow climb for it, but sheesh. And it’s seems like every year now there’s a new song or 2 that stay at number 1 for like 10 plus weeks. I also don’t get why streaming is so biased towards hip hop, can anyone explain this to me? Is it just that popular? Am I just old? Lol cause I don’t know the majority of songs on the hot 100 anymore. 

We're old :crying1:

Tbh I think this is the least we hear of female popstars since before Britney appeared on the scene. With a couple of exceptions.

• Like 2

I really don't understand why some tracks are charting, some of them are so bad and the majority of them makes me wonder how people changed their taste nowadays and if that change is real. It's very easy to manipulate the results. All you need is money. As Katy Perry said before, the numbers are fake and she said that while was crying and she sounded 100% very honest to me.

• Love 1

Guys, we're not in the 90s anymore, the world has changed and so has the way the music industry works. Billboard's formula is not unfair as some of you are saying, it has just been adapted to the new times. People don't buy music anymore, streaming has become the biggest form of music consumption and in my opinion it's only fair that the charts reflect that :verycool:

A song that's been available for 4 years pulling these numbers is INCREDIBLY impressive, it shows that she still has a loyal fanbase which is willing to buy stuff from her, even if it's just old songs, just be happy about that!

• Love 1
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

I also don’t get why streaming is so biased towards hip hop, can anyone explain this to me? Is it just that popular? Am I just old? Lol cause I don’t know the majority of songs on the hot 100 anymore. 

I also noticed that the Hot 100 has been taken over. Maybe it is just that pop is not as popular these days, of that pop lovers buy their tracks and stream less?

• Like 1

Here is the Billboard Hot 100 formula. As you can see sales (downloads) are meaningless nowadays, this is all about streaming and airplay to get a song at the top of the charts.

That's why i don't get these #JusticeFor actions from fans, that's pointless and a waste of money.

Sales / 5
Paid streams / 1,250
Free streams / 1,875
Programmed or UGC streams / 2,500
Airplay / 6,000 (using Billboard's Radio Songs numbers)

• Like 2

This is pretty major for a fan favorite bonus track that is 4 years old. This is a warm up for  B10 the Army needs some work too. This isn’t all on Britney or Team B.  We are way to critical of her work. It took four years for a lot of fans to appreciate Glory and that entire era. Comparing her to the past and other musicians. Instead of being in the moment and enjoying the experience. Vegas was dissected. So damn sad. Me and my BF saved and saw her show in Vegas. It was unbelievable and the most exciting thing I saw in Vegas. It’s on the level of the Cirque shows. I met tons of people. Husbands who were only going for their wife were saying how awesome the show was at the end. Zoomed in videos don’t capture it all And that was before the revamp. 

lets all make B10 blow the hell up👻

• Love 1
  • Like 2

So this is my first post ever. I’ve been a Britney fan since 2000. I love her so much! With that said, I have never seen so many horrific alleged fans like I do on this site. For some of you, all you do is pick Britney apart or are NEVER happy with anything! Maybe it’s time to reconsider things and come from a place of love and acceptance. Let’s not forget, Britney is a LEGEND! Period! There would be no Gaga, Taylor, Katy, Ariana, etc if it were not for Britney. So you all should be thanking her instead of ripping her or her sales apart. Mood Ring was the second best selling digital song of the week. That is huge! The song is old and got no air play, so no, it didn’t chart. Who cares! What it did was build demand for Britney! And there is demand! And maybe this will inspire her to work on her next album. We  should all be grateful for this accomplishment. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Why u all upset about the charting?

The song is 5 years old and it was out there already. 

The only way to suceed was for the GA to aknowledge it and one simple tweet wouldnt do it. 

If it were treated properlya s a single. I wouldnt have expected a top 10 but at least a top 20. GA seems to like the song and that would have helped alot

8 hours ago, YannFrance said:

Here is the Billboard Hot 100 formula. As you can see sales (downloads) are meaningless nowadays, this is all about streaming and airplay to get a song at the top of the charts.

That's why i don't get these #JusticeFor actions from fans, that's pointless and a waste of money.

Sales / 5
Paid streams / 1,250
Free streams / 1,875
Programmed or UGC streams / 2,500
Airplay / 6,000 (using Billboard's Radio Songs numbers)

Thank you so much for this

• Like 1
4 hours ago, xzede25 said:

Why u all upset about the charting?

The song is 5 years old and it was out there already. 

The only way to suceed was for the GA to aknowledge it and one simple tweet wouldnt do it. 

If it were treated properlya s a single. I wouldnt have expected a top 10 but at least a top 20. GA seems to like the song and that would have helped alot

Yeah, if it was a proper single, with a music video, or at least a lyric video, it would've gained more attention

Which is why it's so important that whenever she releases a new song, it needs to drop with the music video at the same time