"Mood Ring" Debuts at #23 on Billboard's Bubbling Under Hot 100

3 hours ago, IUSM said:

People streaming hundreds of songs for $10/month (less if students) have more chart power than people paying 1 song for $1.29.

Mood Ring is the second most sold track of the week in the US, but it failed to chart on the Hot 100...

The Billboard formula is broken! :lessons:

It almost missed the Bubbling Under chart, by the way (23 out of 25), and got almost overtaken by Gaga's interlude Chromatica I... :umomg:

2020-06-09-Bubbling-Under-Hot-100-Chart-

Seriously - it's insane.  I didn't realize that streaming plays such a huge role. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Ugh other day one member attacked me because I said itunes means nothing nowadays... Well lol

I'm glad mood ring had some exposure and helped Glory for a week. Not a single, no music video, so we won for something...

I mean, two versions of bionic climbed up to itunes top 10. If that's not enough proof digital sales have little to no impact in 2020... 

48 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Seriously - it's insane.  I didn't realize that streaming plays such a huge role. 

Streaming it's basically the main thing for a song to chart. We are from a different era, but If we don't evolve Britney won't chart again.

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Body ache said:

I knew it was going to be on the bubbling under chart but I didn't expect it to be that low. Imagine being #1 on itunes for a few days and not getting anywhere near the hot 100. :howdareyou:

Itunes is nothing in 2020.. streaming on apple music and Spotify do the trick

• Love 1

How much money do artists actually make off streams though? I’m assuming the streaming companies get a huge bulk of the money from paying customers of Apple and Spotify. I would think actual sales benefit the artist and record company more even if it doesn’t impact the charts as much. Obviously 13k for a single song isn’t much money to speak of but for a real single or album I would assume they want sales.

1 minute ago, YannFrance said:

It's 23 on Bubbling under which means it's only at #123 in Billboard Hot 100 lol

:meltdown:

Wow I seriously thought we were doing great with all the positive threads all the previous days about the green numbers and stuff...

So what happened? Why was everyone so excited about? :plzexplain: