Iranian music streaming website removes women from album covers

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

I never forget. :tiffdrink:

The other woman has time to manicure her nails
The other woman is perfect where her rival fails
And she's never seen with pin curls in her hair, anywhere.

The other woman enchants her clothes with French perfume
The other woman keeps fresh cut flowers in each room
There are never toys that's scattered everywhere

And when her old man comes to call
He finds her waiting like a lonesome queen
'Cause to be by her side
It's such a change from old routine

But the other woman will always cry herself to sleep
The other woman will never have his love to keep
And as the years go by the other woman
Will spend her life alone
Alone
Alone

:fakecry:

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sinned_88 said:

The other woman has time to manicure her nails
The other woman is perfect where her rival fails
And she's never seen with pin curls in her hair, anywhere.

The other woman enchants her clothes with French perfume
The other woman keeps fresh cut flowers in each room
There are never toys that's scattered everywhere

And when her old man comes to call
He finds her waiting like a lonesome queen
'Cause to be by her side
It's such a change from old routine

But the other woman will always cry herself to sleep
The other woman will never have his love to keep
And as the years go by the other woman
Will spend her life alone
Alone
Alone

:fakecry:

Oh my god. It's heartbreaking. :omg: what song is this?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MSTAR said:

I think we should stop and start to accept the differences of cultures instead of simply laughing... I understand that they would censor some of covers because it's inappropriate or don't fit their culture.

It's essentially not new to censore music videos or covers:

5942acd1caac9e35008b45d6?width=1100&form

a.jpg

e2644848dc35c899ed848b38661478fa.jpg

BYUnbjYCEAA2eBq_jpg-large.jpg

Well, I don't like so much the new cover of Glory, a little inappropriate and essentially don't fits her old covers standards. They could however at least took the old Glory 2016 cover.

But stop laughing at other cultures, maybe you could not agree (yeah it's a little strange to remove womans, censoring at least could be enough) but being respectful is the minimum.

There's a difference between accepting cultural differences or accepting the fact they degrade women.

I get that you don't allow nudity in some ways but a woman should be able to show her hair, her arms and her legs. It's their body and NO WAY that a man has got a single say in this. Women's rights are or need to be equal to men's rights.

And as others pointed out: do they censor the music as well? All these artists have sung about ****** related things, yet they are this hypocrite to NOT censor that. 

It's just plain disguisting. I am not even a woman myself but I get mad at people or cultures who think women are less than men in any way.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

There's a difference between accepting cultural differences or accepting the fact they degrade women.

I get that you don't allow nudity in some ways but a woman should be able to show her hair, her arms and her legs. It's their body and NO WAY that a man has got a single say in this. Women's rights are or need to be equal to men's rights.

And as others pointed out: do they censor the music as well? All these artists have sung about ****** related things, yet they are this hypocrite to NOT censor that. 

It's just plain disguisting. I am not even a woman myself but I get mad at people or cultures who think women are less than men in any way.

I didn't said that. I clearly stated that they would just censor the covers which is enough compared to removing womans which is a little strange (I don't understand too but whatever, that's not the question).

There's a huge difference, why they censor the covers? Because the covers are available on shops, streaming platforms like Spotify/iTunes/YouTube, so everyone could access to them and can be shocked (essentially kids who are not supposed to see provocative/vulgar contents, but that's another question, and their culture don't allow those type of contents).

Idk if they don't censor the lyrics but maybe they don't censor the most of them because it's in another language (many listen to an english song where they don't understand the lyrics because they don't know this language). And people who go to a concert of a singer, they are most of them fans and aware of that lyrics and the music videos. And if they want to censor everything, it would be quite difficult with the amount of songs we have today, so some things can pass but the covers and images are shown everywhere, and that may shock people who don't know/are not fans of those singers. The censor is essentially made for the public I think.

I'm not here to say to agree with them, me too, I don't understand why they removed womans on the covers.

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block