"Mood Ring" debuts at #2 on Billboard's Digital Song Sales

If it's doing this well with zero promo, imagine how well it would have done if they promoted this as the first single (which might have been the original plan?) when Make Me was performed everywhere.  They messed up bad for not releasing it as the first single.  Let's hope it gets the justice it deserves now.  #BringTheMoodRingMV to slay YouTube!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, jennyj said:

If it's doing this well with zero promo, imagine how well it would have done if they promoted this as the first single (which might have been the original plan?) when Make Me was performed everywhere.  They messed up bad for not releasing it as the first single.  Let's hope it gets the justice it deserves now.  #BringTheMoodRingMV to slay YouTube!

let's be honest! this success is due to the fact that it's the first "new" singles in years. It's a good song but Make me was too, also better, it was a grower but you never get tired of it, it has a perfect combination of 90's Britney vibes and modern sound, it could be a huge success but fans stopped to support it because of the mess that they did with the video.. I hope that they learned the lesson: the video must be ready before the launch of the single! 

Wait, so it didn't chart in the BB Hot 100? That seems... fishy. I mean the estimates last week were that it had a chance to make the Top 50 at least; how could they have been so wrong? I'm extremely miffed about this because although I knew that Mood Ring topping iTunes for 3 days didn't mean much, I did at least expect that its sales would make up for the song's mediocre streaming power and give it proper debut on the charts. This is just sad. 

7 hours ago, texas said:

Didnt chart hot 100 sorry. Source: chart Data Twitter account. İt is under #23

Just goes to show that streaming outweighs it that much more. But what I’m confused about it how many streams number 122 has? Obviously it wasn’t going to compete with the top half of the chart streamingwise.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2020/06/12/britney-spears-almost-scored-another-hot-100-hit-this-week-with-a-four-year-old-song/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

#fcfcfc;color:#333333;font-size:16px;text-align:left;">The song, which only die-hard followers were aware of before this past week, debuts at No. 2 on #fcfcfc;color:#333333;font-size:16px;text-align:left;">Billboard#fcfcfc;color:#333333;font-size:16px;text-align:left;">’s Digital Song Sales chart thanks to more than 13,300 copies sold, according to data provided by Nielsen Music #fcfcfc;border:1px solid #e2e2e2;color:#6f6f6f;padding:3px 4px;text-align:left;" rel="external nofollow">NLSN#fcfcfc;color:#333333;font-size:16px;text-align:left;">. The cut came in second place to Megan Thee Stallion and Beyoncé’s “Stallion” by fewer than 250 copies. 

#fcfcfc;color:#333333;font-size:16px;text-align:left;">:gloria: