Watch Lady Gaga's inspiring speech for the Class of 2020

• Leader

We don't deserve her :katycry:

“You are watching what is a pivotal moment in this country’s evolution. You are watching society change in a deeply important way. This change will be slow, and we will have to be patient. But change will happen and it will be for the better,” she began.

“I think about a broad forest filled densely with tall trees. Trees as old as this country itself. Trees that were planted with racist seeds. Trees that grew prejudice branches and oppressive leaves and mangled roots that buried and entrenched themselves deep within the soil, forming a web so well developed and so entangled that push back when we try to look clearly at how it really works. This forest is where we live, it’s who we are. It’s the moral and value system that we as a society have upheld and emboldened for centuries. I make this analogue between racism and nature in this country because it’s as pervasive and real as nature. It is some part of everything the light touches,” she said.

“All of us are being invited to challenge that system and think about how to affect real change. I believe in my heart that people who are going to make this change happen are listening to me speak right now. I know this is true because it’s you who are the seeds of the future. You are the seeds that will grow into a new and different forest that is far more beautiful and loving than the one we live in today,” she said.

“We can control time and sufficient effort. We can’t control divine grace, but I believe divine grace is the faith we can choose to place in each other, to prosper lovingly and effectively,” she said.

“If we don’t listen, we don’t learn.”

Watch below:

gaga-class.jpg.644c1d60ac8964dc195370eb6ed27861.jpg

Related:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

Nice message but let’s be real, do you guys really think Lady Gaga is genuine? I cannot be the only one who sees through her facade 

Not trying to be rude but how do you determine whether someone is genuine or not? Because for most people it's just some "feeling" they have that is never substantiated. So what makes you conclude if someone is real or fake?

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
4 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

Nice message but let’s be real, do you guys really think Lady Gaga is genuine? I cannot be the only one who sees through her facade 

I agree, that's exactly why I don't like her anymore :clicktina: 

I did like Alice though, cute little bop :queenflopga:

• Like 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

9 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

Not trying to be rude but how do you determine whether someone is genuine or not? Because for most people it's just some "feeling" they have that is never substantiated. So what makes you conclude if someone is real or fake?

I can't speak for OnlyFacts but I'm part of the "minority" that also don't believe 100% in her.

In my personal experience, it's not that I think she's fake in the sense that she's evil or a bad person, I just think that everything that she does is very premeditated. It's like every single thing she does or say or wears or sings is prepared in advance to project a particular image or a particular message. She's very talented and creative but she's never let that speak for itself, she always has to accompany everything with a dramatic interview, some sort of statement or controversial thing, idk it's like she's always living in a movie or something.

And I don't know what is it, but it's something similar with Katy (though in her case I do think her true personality is not so sweet, and it leans more towards the "mean" side). I'm not psychic or anything to read their minds and see their real intentions, but there is a je ne sais quoi that tells me when someone is honest or not. It's like Britney, we all know her by now, and she's so transparent that we can perfectly tell when she's comfortable and answering with the truth, and when she's not, it's just very evident, like this

im-excited.gif

Britney just can't hide her feelings. But with these artists like Gaga, it's like she's always playing a character, according to the given situation.

I have to recognize it's worked for Gaga. She's tried so hard to give a certain impression and leave an impact with what she does and the message she tries to give, and she's accomplished it. :yaknow: 

I don't think that artists have to be activists or be like opinion leaders, or role models or something. HOWEVER, I'm not against them becoming so, if that's what they want. If they want to get involved in politics or social situations, I think they have all the freedom as any other normal person, but I don't think it's an obligation. But for example, we have someone like Shakira who every once in a while talks about certain social or political situations, and when she speaks it's just something more natural, not improvised, but like, you can see, feel she's being honest. Lady Gaga, I'm watching this clip and looks no different than the average politician wanting to win a campaign. Which, again, it's not wrong, if that's what she wants to portray, it means she's prepared, that she's thought about it, consciously, but in the end, I can't help but feel that she's not genuine, again, not because she's bad or because she doesn't believe what she's saying, but more like, as if she felt like it was her obligation to come up and say something because she needs to keep giving a certain image or role she's adopted. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I can't speak for OnlyFacts but I'm part of the "minority" that also don't believe 100% in her.

In my personal experience, it's not that I think she's fake in the sense that she's evil or a bad person, I just think that everything that she does is very premeditated. It's like every single thing she does or say or wears or sings is prepared in advance to project a particular image or a particular message. She's very talented and creative but she's never let that speak for itself, she always has to accompany everything with a dramatic interview, some sort of statement or controversial thing, idk it's like she's always living in a movie or something.

And I don't know what is it, but it's something similar with Katy (though in her case I do think her true personality is not so sweet, and it leans more towards the "mean" side). I'm not psychic or anything to read their minds and see their real intentions, but there is a je ne sais quoi that tells me when someone is honest or not. It's like Britney, we all know her by now, and she's so transparent that we can perfectly tell when she's comfortable and answering with the truth, and when she's not, it's just very evident, like this

im-excited.gif

Britney just can't hide her feelings. But with these artists like Gaga, it's like she's always playing a character, according to the given situation.

I have to recognize it's worked for Gaga. She's tried so hard to give a certain impression and leave an impact with what she does and the message she tries to give, and she's accomplished it. :yaknow: 

I don't think that artists have to be activists or be like opinion leaders, or role models or something. HOWEVER, I'm not against them becoming so, if that's what they want. If they want to get involved in politics or social situations, I think they have all the freedom as any other normal person, but I don't think it's an obligation. But for example, we have someone like Shakira who every once in a while talks about certain social or political situations, and when she speaks it's just something more natural, not improvised, but like, you can see, feel she's being honest. Lady Gaga, I'm watching this clip and looks no different than the average politician wanting to win a campaign. Which, again, it's not wrong, if that's what she wants to portray, it means she's prepared, that she's thought about it, consciously, but in the end, I can't help but feel that she's not genuine, again, not because she's bad or because she doesn't believe what she's saying, but more like, as if she felt like it was her obligation to come up and say something because she needs to keep giving a certain image or role she's adopted. 

THANK YOU! Some people are blinded by her acts of kindness, but that’s what a narcissist does very well. 🎶🎶“I’m not alone, not alone, not alone.” 🎶 🎶🎶

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block