Taylor Swift ''Lover'' is the worst album of 2019

17 hours ago, CarlyRaeJepsenStan said:

It's basically a collection of 18 Carly Rae Jepsen's demo rejects from Dedicated recording session. And yet it sold more than Dedicated. And it was nominated for Best pop vocal album while Dedicated wasn't. (I admit Daylight, Cornelia Street and MAATHP are 3 good songs). 

Carly Rae Jepsen and Britney Spears are more beautiful, more talented, more respected and have better music than Taylor Swift will ever be and do.

No wonder why she was exposed as a snake by Kim and Kanye and all of her singles from Lover did not have any longevity. Her music is basic and bland with no replay value. She steals all the money and acclaim that Carly Rae Jepsen deserves.

Lemme stream pop bible E.MO.TION Side B to cleanse my ear from that collection of unpleasant sounds. 

taylor-lover.jpg.d6c22d205d871cd651737088f6197f4b.jpg

Lover is a great album with a lot of gems. You like carly we get it but dont bring taylor down. And beauty is in the eyes of the beholder I find taylor absolutely gorgeous. Also what's the point is it a beauty contest ? Why did u even bring this up. In the end taylor won because what the leaked video has shown is everything she and her publicist have been saying so get your facts right. Just a poor attempt at dissing taylor for no reason instead of praising your fave.  

• Love 2

I think with "Lover," Taylor wanted to create a new persona, one that disassociates with her previous record label. While I do think her previous work is better, there are many different topics she covers with "Lover." Miss Americana, that's basically all about the 2016 incident and how she was criticized so heavily (2020 proved her right). You can't say she's not talented, she writes from her own experiences and has a narrative that is quite like no other artist.

Don't get me wrong, Carly Rae Jepsen deserves way more attention, ever since Canadian Idol. It's been quite the journey for both artists, transitioning to Pop music, and discovering a new sound that resonates with people. I would love to see both artists collaborate, as they both know how to create some amazing pieces.

• Love 3

I  love it when anti-Taylor Swifties try to take a queen down because they're pressed their faves can't write a song like Taylor. 😂

While 'Lover' is in no means her BEST record, it's definitely a great pop album..... stay mad. 👍🏼

• Love 5

Overrated act? Totally. Still,I think it is not a bad album. No, It's not the best of the year, but definitely I wouldn't call it the worst. I prefer it over Reputation and I think it's her second best (sorry, country Taylor is too cheesy imo, so nope, Red doesn't do it for me). The album has a few very good songs. 5 approximately. Not many, but the ones I think of are pretty good.

So not the best but definitely not the worst

• Love 1
On 6/8/2020 at 6:26 AM, CarlyRaeJepsenStan said:

It's basically a collection of 18 Carly Rae Jepsen's demo rejects from Dedicated recording session. And yet it sold more than Dedicated. And it was nominated for Best pop vocal album while Dedicated wasn't. (I admit Daylight, Cornelia Street and MAATHP are 3 good songs). 

Carly Rae Jepsen and Britney Spears are more beautiful, more talented, more respected and have better music than Taylor Swift will ever be and do.

No wonder why she was exposed as a snake by Kim and Kanye and all of her singles from Lover did not have any longevity. Her music is basic and bland with no replay value. She steals all the money and acclaim that Carly Rae Jepsen deserves.

Lemme stream pop bible E.MO.TION Side B to cleanse my ear from that collection of unpleasant sounds. 

taylor-lover.jpg.d6c22d205d871cd651737088f6197f4b.jpg

Desperate GIF by memecandy
Sorry, this topic makes no sense.... I'm out !
carly rae jepsen im GIF

I'm not sure whats going on? Why is everyone comparing a certain artist with another the whole time? Can't we just enjoy all these artists, and yes, I don't even like everyone. But Taylor and Carly? Really? They are both talented. I love them both. No need to compare. But one thing I can't agree with, Lover, the worst album of 2019? **** that's funny. Its a great album, compared to 1989 and Rep, its not as great, but its still good. She has set the standard so damn high, I'm surprised how amazing she is to release so many bops per album. And yes, Carly is highly underated. She needs to be heard by many, she's also extremely talented. But no need im comparing them. 

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block