Taylor Swift ''Lover'' is the worst album of 2019

What is this mess of a post??? You're entitled to your opinion, but carly better than taylor. Hahahah come on now. For example if you said to anyone 'do you like carlys new song', you'd be met with who? Then youd say rae jepson and still be met with 'who? The call me maybe girl' if you then said, have you heard taylors new song you'd be met with 'swift? Yeah its good, also just finished watching her netflix doc and concert on disney plus... 

• Love 2

Why even make the comparison? They’re both talented artist, singers, songwriters and entertainers. They both have followings that appease to their music and sound. We’re not about to pit women against each other just for the sake of entertainment. Both of their discography is great and if you disagree, well don’t listen to them. There’s a difference between expressing your opinion and disrespecting others, we’re not children.  

• Love 3

I would argue, as talented as Carly Rae Jepsen is, her music is very niche to a particular demographic. I say this because of how she sings on her perspective of love and the sounds she uses to make music- as well as her songwriting.

Taylor's writing is style is very poetic literature. It doesn't mean it's better (even though I think it is) it's easier for people to understand and dissect. We are brought up in school learning how to read traditional American literature and poetry. I think it's easier for a broader audience to understand and relate to Taylors lyric style. Also, as pop as Taylor is now, her music sound and songwriting is still strongly country-influenced. Country music is the biggest music genre in the US. 

We could also bring up Nicki Minaj, I believe Nicki is a poet. If you read some of her lyrics they are incredible. But her music and lyrics are very niche and speak to a specific demographic. 

Also, we should stay away from commenting and comparing women's beauty and looks to one another. Especially in a negative connotation. 

-D

• Love 4
  • Like 1

You Really Hate Taylor Don’t You? :didilie:  I Think “Lover” Was Much Better Than “Dedicated”.  Neither Album Were Entirely Amazing Tho.  “Lover” Just Has Better Production, Better Visuals.  “Dedicated” Had Some Amazing Tracks (My Fav Track On It Was “For Sure”) But The Album As A Whole, Was Not Innovative.  “Lover” At Very Least Had Great Pop Music On It.  Carly Isn’t That Type Of Artist, Her Music Is Kinda Mediocre Imo, But At Least “Call Me Maybe” Still Slaps So It’s Ok :goat: 

Her music is for the most mediocre, average, basic white people out there. I just can't get into it. I haven't liked a song by hers EVER. 
Also, it doesn't help that I get a really bad, evil vibe from her. I don't know how others can't see it and still support her. She thrives on victimizing herself.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Take that hate somewhere else! Actually it is credited as her BEST album according to critics reviews! It is scored a 79 which is almost a B!

https://www.metacritic.com/person/taylor-swift?filter-options=music&sort_options=metascore&num_items=30 

Second best album according to Metacritic user reviews. Which I am proudly part of!

https://www.metacritic.com/person/taylor-swift?filter-options=music&sort_options=user_score&num_items=30

I also think it is some of the best pop song writing in a while! All these mediocre pop singers out here sounding the same EXCEPT for Taylor!

All of Taylors albums also score 71 or above by both! Meanwhile Carly has one album that drops below that to almost a F grade at 63, while Britney actually has two albums that drop below that F grade! ( I STAN BRITNEY SO DON'T COME AFTER ME)

https://www.metacritic.com/person/carly-rae-jepsen?filter-options=music&sort_options=metascore&num_items=30

https://www.metacritic.com/person/britney-spears?filter-options=music&sort_options=metascore&num_items=30

As for Kim and Kayne they will latch on to ANYTHING successfully relevant to try and keep their relevancy!   

snow white haters GIF

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block