Justice for Meghan Trainor’s "Treat Myself"

6 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

The album was garbage and I hate saying that because I love Meghan Thee Trainor. However, we want more Title and Thank You...this wasn’t it. None of the songs were even played on radio except the first one...that came out 3 years ago 🙄🙄And the original album cover kinda ruined any hype for the album. And then the album cover that was released looked like a Smurf’s 3 movie poster (Justice for “oh la la” 🤣 jk jk). The entire era was a mess and proves my theory that epic records throws their artists away after 2 albums. Watch...camilas next album will be DOA. 

I’m pretty sure Nice To Meet Ya got some radio plays and it deserved way better. She should be thankful for the Barbs because they pushed the song on the Hot100. As I said before, Meghan lacks a fan base to stream her music.

11 hours ago, GimmeMore17 said:

I'll be forever grateful for Wave, it's probably my favorite song period from her - I didnt like it at first, but after a few good listens the production takes you away..Mike Sabath did awesome for her. An odd choice as a re-booted first single though, honestly. Genetics is really fun too and I could see a really hot music video for it (..likely not to happen though :wontcry: )

Most of the other songs I thought were a little too cheesy/silly for this point in career..I know that's somewhat part of her schtick, but I'm not sure that I see a collective artistic growth in her work. :juggingu:

Wave is a gorgeous track. I love it too. 

• Love 1

I think her likability has weighed out her actual talent and music. I knew there was a lot of people didn't necessarily like the message of the music she released since the start of her career, "All About The Bass" & "Dear Future Husband." I think she is a great songwriter and she has released some really good songs, but I don't ever really find myself listening to her music.

Personally, I   didn't love her debut. I  actually thought the follow up 'Thank You' was better, though neither of them are albums I'll listen to start to finish. 

My problem with this album is that it feels like a collection of singles with an attempt to make something stick. The vibe she had going in 2018, was great, and would've made a fun album. But since it didn't chart, they pulled the album, went back to the drawing board and made us wait 2 more years for it. For me, that isn't artistic. That's a mess.....

1 hour ago, HoneyBooBoo said:

I love all the way & treat myself. Feel good vibe and the vocal warmed my ❤️. They pushed back the album for almost 2 years and the GP lost interested in her & her stuff. 

Listen to this and tell me your thoughts. I’m in love with it, her vocals and the lyrics. :crying1: I’m not crying, you are. :tiffsniffle:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block