Justice for Meghan Trainor’s "Treat Myself"

I never listened to her albums before, but somehow I have decided to give her a listen since I enjoy ‘Nice To Meet Ya’ so much. What do you guys think about ‘Nice To Meet Ya’ and about ‘Treat Myself’?  
I think the album has some hidden gems like ‘Ashes’, ‘After You’, ‘Genetics’, ‘Wave’, ‘Here To Stay’, ‘Blink’ and overall it’s a cute body of work. Also, she’s stunning on the album cover. 

What do you think it went wrong for her? She recently got signed to Nicki Minaj, Harry Styles and Travis Scott’s manager which I’m surprised, to be honest. I think she’s still played on US radio, but she lacks streaming and a solid fan base due to her 4 or 5 years break.

Also, ‘Baby Girl’ slays. 

meghan.jpg.fa1b7650826b8886eb2e6e8364b15bca.jpg

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

NFL I was pretty disappointed overall with this album. It has a few bops though :teigen:

It’s not like she delivered with her previous records. I’m surprised she has recovered from her long break and that she’s still signed to a label. :jlostare:

14 minutes ago, Style. said:

They did dirty to the other dolls because I can hear only Nicole. She’s so messy. Though, I love Genetics. The ultimate gay anthem. :tiffcackle:

As far as i'm aware they never actually went in the studio to record anything for it. Only Nicole did. It more than likely just said ft The *****cat Dolls to promote React. 

• Love 1

I'll be forever grateful for Wave, it's probably my favorite song period from her - I didnt like it at first, but after a few good listens the production takes you away..Mike Sabath did awesome for her. An odd choice as a re-booted first single though, honestly. Genetics is really fun too and I could see a really hot music video for it (..likely not to happen though :wontcry: )

Most of the other songs I thought were a little too cheesy/silly for this point in career..I know that's somewhat part of her schtick, but I'm not sure that I see a collective artistic growth in her work. :juggingu:

• Like 1

The album was garbage and I hate saying that because I love Meghan Thee Trainor. However, we want more Title and Thank You...this wasn’t it. None of the songs were even played on radio except the first one...that came out 3 years ago 🙄🙄And the original album cover kinda ruined any hype for the album. And then the album cover that was released looked like a Smurf’s 3 movie poster (Justice for “oh la la” 🤣 jk jk). The entire era was a mess and proves my theory that epic records throws their artists away after 2 albums. Watch...camilas next album will be DOA. 

• Haha 1