Why didn't Britney tour stadiums at her peak?

Tbh, I feel like nowadays she could definitely do stadiums (if she wasn't on hiatus), but I never really imagined her to be a stadium artist during her primeney days. Didn't she do a few stadiums on the Asian tour in 2017?

Although having said that, I think I prefer arena concerts. I've seen Eminem live twice in a stadium and although he was amazing both times, I think the atmosphere in an arena or similiar venue is much better. 

• Love 2

She got the oportunity to do it during three times

The Dream withim a dream tour (She do it 2 legs in america)

The Circus Tour (She do it 2 legs too)

And a Stadium Greatest Hits tours instead of piece of me. 

Right now the only probably she do a World tour, is she touring with someone else like rihanna do it with eminem in 2014, or at least she come with a great BOPS to be her really comeback. Of course if she do a stadium tour couldn't be a poor production or little stage, she need to play bigger. She could make a Britney/BSB tour, or britney/Nsync tour, Britney/Xtina/BSB tour ,

Madonna, Lady Gaga and beyonce already have their own crowd 

1 hour ago, Dark.Knight said:

Not sure, I've never liked stadium concerts, they feel less personal.

The Circus and DWAD were already big enough for her to be walking from side to side on every song. Imagine with a stage for stadiums, her show would have been a whole treadmill :pieceofwhat:

let's also not forget that her live shows involve a lot acrobatics, flying objects, and props that might be difficult to set up in a stadium that has no ceiling. i mean i could only imagine if for example the opening for Circus tour where Britney descends from above, people can actually see her even before descending :imacat:

idk if im making any sense doe :imok:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Dark.Knight said:

Not sure, I've never liked stadium concerts, they feel less personal.

The Circus and DWAD were already big enough for her to be walking from side to side on every song. Imagine with a stage for stadiums, her show would have been a whole treadmill :pieceofwhat:

2:48 

:jl:

• Love 1
  • Haha 7
  • Like 1
Just now, Fab britney said:

That’s actually a good question the only tours I can see selling stadiums were oops and dream and I wonder that too

I read somewhere that touring wasn't as big during Britney's peak as it is today because back then major artists like Britney already made a lot of money from album sales. 

• Love 1
  • Like 7
17 minutes ago, CarlyRaeJepsenStan said:

I read somewhere that touring wasn't as big during Britney's peak as it is today because back then major artists like Britney already made a lot of money from album sales. 

I can see that, and tour tickers were MUCH cheaper then

I think you could get a seat close to the stage for $80 or so

• Love 5
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, Itachi said:

let's also not forget that her live shows involve a lot acrobatics, flying objects, and props that might be difficult to set up in a stadium that has no ceiling. i mean i could only imagine if for example the opening for Circus tour where Britney descends from above, people can actually see her even before descending :imacat:

If u can put in in a indoor, you can set in at outdoor venue without problem. the big proof is dream withim a dream was setted in japan and mexico without a stadium roof support.

They cancelled the poland show of the circus tour it was outdoor, alleging that the show couldn't set in a stadium, and months later was setted in burswood dome in australia that is a indoor stadium without support. They were planning to come to south america but they thinked better, created a cheaper show called femme fatale, because i got good sources she was setted to play Buenos Aires, Caracas and Mexico City in the circus tour. there was negotiations. 

There's also biggest shows like the 2004 EMAS , u2 , madonna tours it also setted in stadiums. 

There's the picture of circus tour stage for stadium. 

hqdefault.jpg

the 2004 europe music awards with performances with acrobatics by gwen stefani, and many other performances setted outdoor in hippodrome di tor in roma, they setted everything the stage, the lightning, even the bleachers were designed. they setted a big circus tent just for this awards. 

the-stage-is-prepared-for-the-2004-mtv-e

so there's no excuse to do an stadium tour. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Itachi said:

is it possible to do these thinks also in a stadium, in photo "Mine" performance during The Formation Tour

7ed49635da00fcfd77df8b53ad1de487.jpg

What? she did stadiums. NOT THE BIGGEST STADIUMS ON EARTH , but she did a few:

July 27, 2002: Foro sol in mexico DWAD Tour / 50.000 and all the drama with the second date, but the first one when great:

April 5, 2002: She also did the Tokyo Dome, wich was waaaaayy big than a regular arena: 

Then with Onyx the  RSD "arena" but was like a small stadium but stadium at the end / not image of the show sorry.

1433020-1280x821.jpg 

July 11, 2009:Then she did with the circus tour The Parken Stadium: 

5ac8bcebc75f2df0348f06dc1308736e.jpg 

November 20, 2011:  Femme Fatale tour in Argentina, Buenos Aires, Estadio Unico de La Plata.

Then chile ( a little empty) oops.  Look yourself :P 

Piece of me, sparkassen park:

Hockey-Park-Foto-Mayska.de-135_1920x1080 
a random pic of the stadium.
Full show btw: 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Isla said:

Tbh, I feel like nowadays she could definitely do stadiums (if she wasn't on hiatus), but I never really imagined her to be a stadium artist during her primeney days. Didn't she do a few stadiums on the Asian tour in 2017?

Although having said that, I think I prefer arena concerts. I've seen Eminem live twice in a stadium and although he was amazing both times, I think the atmosphere in an arena or similiar venue is much better. 

Sadly I think after what people saw for POM it would deter them from going to see her especially on a stadium tour. Let’s be honest she would really need to bring it with a huge visual show. She’d need to sing somewhat live or even all prerecorded. I could only envision the cheap show her team would throw together with the studio versions of that tracks playing over a full stadium - disaster :nydisgust:

• Love 1
  • Like 7