NFL admits they were wrong for not listening to player protests: "We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter"

• Leader

The NFL's commissioner Roger Goodell says the league was “wrong” for refusing to listen to players who protested social injustice. Goodell used his statement to not only “condemn the systemic oppression of black people” but admits fault for not listening to its players “earlier.”

“I personally protest with you and want to be part of the much needed change in this country Without black players, there would be no National Football League,” Goodell said.  

This is a huge step in the right direction. Colin Kaepernick deserves to get his job back at the very least.

Watch below:

nfl.jpg.1915788cb7ffc07471e4922c074c7762.jpg

• Love 1

Even if it's a step in the right direction, the video feels like it's a backhanded apology. I would rather see the NFL support the cause, and take initiatives further than contacting their athletes. Perhaps a formal apology to Colin Kaepernick (and possibly signing him back) would be better.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block