NFL admits they were wrong for not listening to player protests: "We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter"

• Community Leader

The NFL's commissioner Roger Goodell says the league was “wrong” for refusing to listen to players who protested social injustice. Goodell used his statement to not only “condemn the systemic oppression of black people” but admits fault for not listening to its players “earlier.”

“I personally protest with you and want to be part of the much needed change in this country Without black players, there would be no National Football League,” Goodell said.  

This is a huge step in the right direction. Colin Kaepernick deserves to get his job back at the very least.

Watch below:

nfl.jpg.1915788cb7ffc07471e4922c074c7762.jpg

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are only protecting their business... disgusting.  They should compensate all the players they suspended if they really care about this. 

I stopped watching football because of this and I don’t care to watch it again. Glad they admit to their wrong doing but it wont bring Colin’s career back. He’s an athlete that has aged 4 years and fo

The NFL is run and owned by a bunch of money hungry bit ches who’s only aim is to break down and abuse their players for the sake of political distraction and monetary gain. Too little too f ucking la

Posted Images

I stopped watching football because of this and I don’t care to watch it again. Glad they admit to their wrong doing but it wont bring Colin’s career back. He’s an athlete that has aged 4 years and football takes a toll on players body’s. 

• Exhale+

It took you such a serious event to happen to realize yr delusion?:tiffeyeroll:Should have taken it into notice when a black artist like Rihanna declined to do a Super Bowl performance despite her fans pleading her to do one :clownery:

Young Billie Run Pop :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Even if it's a step in the right direction, the video feels like it's a backhanded apology. I would rather see the NFL support the cause, and take initiatives further than contacting their athletes. Perhaps a formal apology to Colin Kaepernick (and possibly signing him back) would be better.