Britney's Rebellion Timeline

I've been going through a few threads today that mentioned Do Somethin' and Chaotic, and it got me thinking about what would have happened in this timeframe (2004/2005) if Britney had truly gotten her Rebellion. For a while, it seemed like she was setting us up for something that would show us who she truly was as a person and an artist. So, I can't help but wonder where this would have gone if she continued to take control over her career. 

I started a bit of a timeline and I'm trying to dig for some things we may have dismissed as small moments that really add up to a big picture retrospectively. Sorry if this has already been done, but I thought it might be fun to take a look back and read between the lines.

• Mar 2, 2004 – Jun 6, 2004, Onyx Hotel Tour dates
  • June 8, 2004, Britney injures her knee while filming the video for “Outrageous” and cancels Onyx Hotel Tour
  • September 14, 2004, Britney was set to release My Prerogative as a single off Greatest Hits: My Prerogative, followed by the video, but the song leaks online early
  • September 18, 2004, Britney marries K-Fed (earlier than planned), which to be honest is a rebellion in itself
  • November 9, 2004, Britney releases Greatest Hits: My Prerogative video (originally due out November 16, 2004) —it’s steamy, it’s adult, it’s perfection, and it feels like it speaks her truth through a cover. Bear in mind, she had to fight Jive to release this single and video. They were likely OK with just putting out singles collections until they could get her back in the studio and on tour fulltime. 
  • December 30, 2004, Britney makes a surprise appearance at KIIS-FM to premiere Mona Lisa and hints that she is working on Original Doll
  • February 14, 2005, Britney releases Do Somethin’ followed by the accompany video she co-directed, which features mention of Mona Lisa
  • May 17, 2005, Britney & Kevin: Chaotic TV show premiers. Love it or hate it, this is Britney shedding her manufactured pop persona and telling us she is a real person. 
  • August 18, 2005, Someday (I Will Understand) is released as part of Britney & Kevin: Chaotic EP—not exactly a rebellion, but a real heartfelt moment and a nice look inside Britney’s life
  • September 26, 2005, Britney & Kevin: Chaotic EP is released to accompany the TV show and Chaotic single. 
  • November 22, 2005, B in the Mix: The Remixes is released. This feels like more filler from the label, but it gave us Someday, which is another look at who Britney really is as a person and artist. 

As we all know, around this time, Britney gives birth to Shawn Preston and a year later to Jayden James. But what would have happened next if she had full control? Or if she ditched K-Fed after Chaotic? Or even if she just got to control her narrative herself (as it seems she was trying to do during the above timeframe) in 2006/2007 rather than it being told through the paparazzi?

I think theories and speculation are fine as long as we have fun. :kiss:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Rebelney. If it happened, we got to see who she really is to the maximum level. She would have really exposed the "voodoo that they do" if you know what i mean. Original Doll would have been released fully. It might not be a hit on GP but it would be a truly fan favorite. I really wish that she had been a strong, independent woman. I'm so sad that it ended up her being in c-ship :crying1:

I miss her personal letters to her fans. I wish social media was widespread at that time. Imagine her uploading songs from Original Doll on soundcloud or instagram or wherever she likes. Imagine what her twitter account would look like. She would have reached out to her fans way better. 

Archived