New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 2:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Katy Perry says KP5 is 75% 'Prism' and 25% 'Teenage Dream'

55 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

That’s cute, but it’s 100% DOA.

Dont recreate your music. And let the music speak for itself. You’re pushing 40...nobody wants to hear you sing about cotton candy and gummy bears. No growth is her issue...and the hair...and her attitude 

Not cotton candy and gummy bears chilld!! ☠️☠️

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, sullivanSP said:

Omg why is she self sabotaging again :crying3:

Why can’t she just say it’s a new piece of amazing work which is reflecting my life at the moment.  

Omg this is the typical artist answer just to muddle through the interviews :airpls:  "it's my most personal album" or "it's like my baby" :jl:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

First things first (I'm the realest). ;) 

I loved Teenage Dream and REALLY loved Prism, so this is very exciting news to me. Secondly, Katy tried a new path with music it didn't work, we all "Witnessed" (pun intended)  it flop harder than humpback whale. Lastly, I am curious if this means she will be collaborating with Bonnie McKee again!!!!! That would be stellar. 

But the REAL questions is, will she be working with Dr.Luke again considering he was a huge influence on both of these albums. 

-D

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

A scary concept to know Ariana will one day be yesterday’s news :receipts2: I’d rather die tbh 

I mean I'd still appreciate her work like I do Katy's, Christina Aguilera, Nelly Furtado and Willa Ford. It's rare to see female musicians having impactful careers such as Mariah, Beyonce and Britney who can stayed relevant for 20 + years. I hope Ariana stays in that lane and if she doesn't, I'll still support :forkit:

• Like 2
  • Curators
51 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

She’s 35. They say in the music industry, radio stops playing you at 35 sadly. 35 isn’t old in general...it’s actually quite young. Point is, she’s too old for no growth in her music.

true

its how madonna was still at the top of the charts at 50 as was cher

reinvention but also keeping classic elements

i hope britney does this with her next era

• Like 5
2 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

God she is going X-Tina on us and trying to recreate magic. Why do artists do this?! That is what makes those albums or moments magical...they were a moment in time. This album is doomed. Here comes her lotus...

Rise up, Katy, rise, this is the beginning. :byetina:

probably the reason why the first single was called Daisies :byetina:

• Haha 3

Actually, I changed my mind - I stan all the pop girlies who are heavily involved in their music, so I'm going to give the new album a listen once it comes out. In preparation for that, I will relisten to her whole discography. "PRISM" and "Witness" are the only Katya Purina albums I've listened to in full, so I have 2 other albums to catch up with. :yeahhh: "Teenage Dream" is like 90% singles, though, so there's not too much to catch up with. :katyfrog:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1