Katy Perry says KP5 is 75% 'Prism' and 25% 'Teenage Dream'

7 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Actually, I changed my mind - I stan all the pop girls who are heavily involved in their music, so I'm going to give the new album a listen once it comes out. In preparation for that, I will relisten to her whole discography. "PRISM" and "Witness" are the only Katya Purina albums I've listened to in full, so I have 2 other albums to catch up with. :yeahhh:

so did you stan Myah Britney in Brittle Jams, cos she wrote the entire album :gagasmile:

• Haha 1

Honestly I’m happy with that. As much as I want a brand new KP5, I also want her to be a reigning pop queen again and I think she does to deep down. She can’t carry on releasing singles and them flopping if she wants to keep her record contract intact.

She would be better playing it safe for 2 albums and appeasing the masses, then she can explore more original sounds again. And let’s be honest, them 2 albums are her best work, so I don’t really have any complaints if they are similar.

I've learned to really dislike when artists try to compare their future work with something of their old discography. While I understand that sometimes we fall in love with a certain sound from our favorite artists (I.E. - Britney's Blackout or In The Zone), I think it puts so much pressure on the artist to make something the public would like to hear, as opposed to something they want to make or experiment with. It's just a tough seat to be in because you risk hearing from the general public the lack of evolution in their sound of that they just copied and pasted their previous work.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DavidURuiz said:

I've learned to really dislike when artists try to compare their future work with something of their old discography. While I understand that sometimes we fall in love with a certain sound from our favorite artists (I.E. - Britney's Blackout or In The Zone), I think it puts so much pressure on the artist to make something the public would like to hear, as opposed to something they want to make or experiment with. It's just a tough seat to be in because you risk hearing from the general public the lack of evolution in their sound of that they just copied and pasted their previous work.

I hate when fans ask for a BO 2.0 or this case TD 2.0 because they just are...

You can’t force a 2.0 of anything. We loved these albums because they were different at the time. To get the same thing again will always be a disappoint because it will never live up to the original we loved. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MonAmour said:

You guys are always like omg we want BLACKOUT 2.0! We want ITZ 2.0! We want this and that 2.0... I can imagine the same for Katy fans begging for 2.0 of her previous work. I see this statement as just trying to please fans. Now everybody stfu. 

Pretty much exhale all the time, but the hypocrisy has jumped today :queenflopga:

• Like 1

I can’t at this sensitive power bottoms in this thread, like what’s you’re problem with Katy? At least she’s involved with her albums and she’s releasing something what’s been asked by her fans. Literally when will Britney? We’re starving to a 2.0. Blackout, yet we’ve got Britney Jean. :begone:

Daisies is a cute pop song, but I’m definitely looking forward for this album. Not to remind you that pop is dying in front of our eyes. In a world full of Nicki Minaj wannabes’, pop stars are a breath of fresh air. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block