Gloria Estefan's "Gloria!" appreciation thread.

aleomg

Hi guys, 

Let me start off by saying Gloria Estefan is a Cuban-born artist and one the biggest artists in Latin music history. Some of you or your parents might know her from her older hits: Conga, Turn the Beat Around, Don't Wanna Loose You. 

In 1998, Madonna and Cher released what everyone considers their magnum opus: Ray of Light and Believe. Sadly, with such big releases, Gloria's magnum opus "Gloria!" got lost in the shuffle. 

This album is full non-stop 90's dance, disco, house music with touches of salsa, hip-hop, afro-cuban beats. It's an album that celebrates life, love and joy to the fullest.

4 of her biggest hits were released: Heaven's What I Feel, Oye, Don't Let This Moment End and Cuba Libre. Even the non-single tracks such as Real Woman, Touched by an Angel, Lucky Girl are club-worthy singles and classics.

For spanish-speakers, Gloria blessed them with spanish versions of Heaven's What I Feel (Corazón Prohibido), Oye and Cuba Libre. 

Fun facts: Real Woman has been lip-synced by Manila Luzon and Lucky Girl was covered by Mexican-singer Thalía. 

I wanted to create this simple thread to share good, upbeat, dance music through these difficult times. :whiteladydance:

Press play and deja que tu cuerpo te pida salsa! (let your body ask you for salsa!). :bwink:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Theonetheonly said:

Heavens what I feel.... I love that song and she’s stunning - I hear she has a hotel or a chain of hotels now gloria estefan latina GIF by Identity

That song is such a classic in the clubs. Wish we could go back in time and live in that era.:liberatedaf:

What other songs do you like from Gloria? 

I mean, she has so many anthems that will forever live on.

Yes, I heard she also owns a restaurant. She can take our coins. :queenflopga:

11 minutes ago, aleomg said:

That song is such a classic in the clubs. Wish we could go back in time and live in that era.:liberatedaf:

What other songs do you like from Gloria? 

I mean, she has so many anthems that will forever live on.

Yes, I heard she also owns a restaurant. She can take our coins. :queenflopga:

Dr beat was another classic! 

7 minutes ago, Midnight said:

I've been meaning to go listen to her music I have never actually heard any >shame on me< I should be banned. 

No worries, there's always a first time. And what better way to start than listening to this album. :carpoolney:

Although, a lot of her signature songs are ballads. It all depends on your taste. :quirkney:

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Eh. It’s okay :parisok:I honestly liked only real woman and feeling:parisok:

Reveal hidden contents

In a more honest opinion, it’s a boring album...4.5/10 :arianabye:

At least, you gave it a shot. That's what it counts. :clap:

Just wait for a few more spins when summer kicks in and you'll be digging it. :madance:

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Hide contents

In a more honest opinion, it’s a boring album...4.5/10 :arianabye:

NOT ON MY WATCH! :drag:

Archived