migeal

Personally i have the whole thing on dvd and watch it from time to time.. back then it was panned as the worst thing ever but it did stand the test of time and now seems a very realistic unscripted reality series that nothing has come close to its authenticity. Do you think Chaotic was unfairly  criticized and not given a chance. Do you think back then the world was not ready for  Pop stars being candid with their personal life ? Britney did put it all out there in a way no one did before her .. i love the song Someday ( i will understand) i think like most of britney balads it delivers but its never appreciated enough.  share your favorite parts from he series  below; 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i watched it few years back because i thought we will she backstage material from the tour. Instead it was a full blown reality show. The most interesting parts are when she is showing her character without a 'mask' as othe celebrities do. I couldn't beleive it! her deep rooted yearn for eros/love, her 'seen it all' experiences (that is why i think she wanted someone unlike her), her tired and yet dreamy state of a person that has lost some of her innocence.. i fou nd her relatable, which was strange for me, because she was a part of such a huge publicity machine. I lost some interest after the so called 'love confession' to her husband; he wasn't ready for this or he simply went by the flow. I was shocked. A trained eye must have seen what would happen.

The song you posted, is one of my faves in pop; it is so sincere; it comes from the heart 

read the following article, you will she her portrait that we saw glimpses in 'In the Zone'; 

'https://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/02/arts/music-growing-up-britney-did-it-again.html

..'Every day you want to challenge yourself and get better. I'm not grown up and I'm not a little girl. I just am.''

..'Ms. Spears is someone who lives more in the world of feelings than facts, which is one reason she can be a difficult interview but blossom on stage or in the studio. .'

'..See, that's such an irony. People are like, ''You were so innocent, da da da da,'' and all that. And I'm like: ''No, I wasn't. You guys said I was too ****** when I first came out with 'Baby One More Time.' '' You can't win, man. You know what I mean?..'

On 6/4/2020 at 10:15 AM, RedBloodedWoman said:

I love it so much. I made all my friends watch it with my growing up, love the deleted scenes especially

This made me go back and look up deleted scenes. There's one where a doctor gives shots to Britney and Kevin and then asks Britney for like four autographs. She looks so annoyed and sad. It makes me feel bad for her. I found a few here but if anyone knows of any others I'd love to watch them: 

I loved Chaotic even though it was messy. It was perfect for the times. 

4 minutes ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

This made me go back and look up deleted scenes. There's one where a doctor gives shots to Britney and Kevin and then asks Britney for like four autographs. She looks so annoyed and sad. It makes me feel bad for her. I found a few here but if anyone knows of any others I'd love to watch them: 

showed her human side and if anyone can share more deleted scenes wud be great 

23 minutes ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

at 6.40 when she goes ha!! haaaa!!! its hilarious 

19 minutes ago, Avatar said:

She was a little too candid and open, at least for prime time tv. Maybe if this was only available to fans, this was the beginning of people saying she was crazy and trash. 

I think it was right for the time period though. Reality TV was huge and full of celebrities who were acting wild and poking fun at themselves or others (Simple Life, etc.). This was the first time we really saw Britney shed the pop persona that was manufactured for her, so naturally people would be shocked, which I think is exactly what she was going for. This was all around the time that she co-directed Do Somethin, came out with My Prerogative, and tried to run with Mona Lisa and Original Doll. I think Chaotic was just a step in her rebellion. 

Just now, LikeShatteredGlass said:

I think it was right for the time period though. Reality TV was huge and full of celebrities who were acting wild and poking fun at themselves or others (Simple Life, etc.). This was the first time we really saw Britney shed the pop persona that was manufactured for her, so naturally people would be shocked, which I think is exactly what she was going for. This was all around the time that she co-directed Do Somethin, came out with My Prerogative, and tried to run with Mona Lisa and Original Doll. I think Chaotic was just a step in her rebellion. 

the other reality series were scripted this was  just raw as it is .. 

Archived