Ariana Grande Scores Record-Breaking Fourth No. 1 Hot 100 Debut With Lady Gaga Duet 'Rain on Me'

ariana-rain.jpg.43486560c71c7c0b72e083483c3164c1.jpg

As previously reported, Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande's "Rain on Me" rolls in at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart (dated June 6). The duet debuts as Gaga's fifth Hot 100 leader and Grande's fourth.

Notably, Grande becomes the first artist with four No. 1 Hot 100 debuts, as all four of her chart-topping songs have arrived in the top spot. She passes Justin Bieber (with whom she shares her prior leader, "Stuck With U"), Mariah Carey and Drake, each with three No. 1 bows.

Here is a recap of Grande's four No. 1 Hot 100 debuts, encompassing all of her leading titles.

Ariana Grande
Title, Debut Date, Weeks at No. 1
"Thank U Next," Nov. 17, 2018, seven
"7 Rings," Feb. 2, 2019, eight
"Stuck With U," with Justin Bieber, May 23, 2020, one
"Rain on Me," with Lady Gaga, June 6, 2020, one (to date)

And, here is a rundown of Bieber, Carey and Drake's three No. 1 Hot 100 debuts each. Carey is so far the only artist with three No. 1-starting songs that have each gone on to spend multiple weeks on top. Meanwhile, Drake is the only act with three such hits all on his own and no accompanying artists.

Justin Bieber
"What Do You Mean?," Sept. 19, 2015, one
"I'm the One," DJ Khaled feat. Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper & Lil Wayne, May 20, 2017, one
"Stuck With U," with Ariana Grande, May 23, 2020, one

Mariah Carey
"Fantasy," Sept. 30, 1995, eight
"One Sweet Day," with Boyz II Men, Dec. 2, 1995, 16
"Honey," Sept. 13, 1997, three

Drake
"God's Plan," Feb. 3, 2018, 11
"Nice for What," April 21, 2018, eight
"Toosie Slide," April 18, 2020, one

Source

Related: 

• Love 5

This is amazing. She's very talented, so I'm not really surprised she achieved this, but what does surprise me is how effortless this seems for her, and how chill she is about getting to top spots or being recognized. She doesn't seem to care much about it, yet she's the one who's getting the most out of it lately.

Streaming really ruined the music industry :jeanluc: I’m really happy for her, but some of these songs debuting at 1 have no place debuting at 1 :clicktina: what even is Stuck With U? Nice for What? Tootsie Slide? A lot of these are only debuting at 1 for viral challenges or streaming because of these same dumb challenges. 7 Rings and Rain on Me are her only two songs that debuted at 1 that I do think deserve it. :byetina:

• Like 6
  • Leader
3 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Streaming really ruined the music industry :jeanluc: I’m really happy for her, but some of these songs debuting at 1 have no place debuting at 1 :clicktina: what even is Stuck With U? Nice for What? Tootsie Slide? A lot of these are only debuting at 1 for viral challenges or streaming because of these same dumb challenges. 7 Rings and Rain on Me are her only two songs that debuted at 1 that I do think deserve it. :byetina:

Points have been made. 

3 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Totally Agree! Stuck With U didn't deserve the number 1 :truthtea:

47 minutes ago, Style. said:

This masterpiece right here should have hit the top spot. Damn, the lyrics and the music video. Girllllll :werk:

what was teh ebst peak of it?

Lady Gagag has to thank Ari for that number 1. Alone she probably wouldnt have reach it

• Like 2
  • Super Mods

She earned it tbh, i love seeing hard work paying off :mhmnod: Also, like someone mentioned, i genuinely think shes not a chart chaser, she releases music out of love, and I think that's why she lands so many #1s. She doesn't care so it seems so effortless for her.

On 6/4/2020 at 12:21 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

agreed

"you streamed it 20 times? wow! that's the requirement for being number 1 now. Back in the day you needed to sell 5M physical singles to be in the top 5"

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

agreed

"you streamed it 20 times? wow! that's the requirement for being number 1 now. Back in the day you needed to sell 5M physical singles to be in the top 5"

And you actually recognize those songs. There are so many top 10 singles I’ve never even heard about in my life and I’m still actively checking for new music all the time 

1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

And you actually recognize those songs. There are so many top 10 singles I’ve never even heard about in my life and I’m still actively checking for new music all the time 

yup, heck now number 1 albums are like 50k sold, back then it had to be like over a million. I think if streaming is going to be a rule towards sales, that it should be much more strict on how it counts. Like stream 1M times in order to get 5 sales or something :haha:

1 hour ago, Dark.Knight said:

yup, heck now number 1 albums are like 50k sold, back then it had to be like over a million. I think if streaming is going to be a rule towards sales, that it should be much more strict on how it counts. Like stream 1M times in order to get 5 sales or something :haha:

Yes I totally agree. Or better yet don’t count streams from tik tok or Instagram if tied to a stupid challenge :lessons:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block