Am i the only one... (Onyx hotel)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
6 minutes ago, YannFrance said:

That tour was a bit cheap looking when you compare to the DWAD tour.

I kinda liked it. Allowed her to shine and less about the elaborate sets and I remember she said how expensive DWAD tour was and exclaimed “is that where all my money went?” I can understand she worked super hard that era and it seemed like all for nothing.

On 6/4/2020 at 9:00 AM, BritBreakitDown20 said:

same here lmao but he was perfect for his role as the host of the Onyx Hotel Tour 

the surrealness behind his costume and makeup reminds me of AHS Hotel 

Lol a character like him would have been perfect for that season.

I personally am not freaked out by him though!

6 minutes ago, argentinian.in.telaviv said:

I can see your point in the level of production, but artistically it shiiits on DWAD. 

Onyx is more adult, full of references, more mysterious and so...

I prefer the DWAD clothes, the effects, the dancing, the backdrops. Everything was superior to me, Onyx Hotel was still fine though but not as exciting as a whole to me.

11 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I kinda liked it. Allowed her to shine and less about the elaborate sets and I remember she said how expensive DWAD tour was and exclaimed “is that where all my money went?” I can understand she worked super hard that era and it seemed like all for nothing.

Yeah, even though DWAD is my fave Britney tour a lot of money was spent on the technical innovations and I remember some critics actually criticsed the tour for all the special effects overshadowing Britney as a performer at times. Onyx was meant to be less elaborate than her past tours (which would also explain the smaller stage/lack of catwalk). 

8 minutes ago, argentinian.in.telaviv said:

I can see your point in the level of production, but artistically it shiiits on DWAD. 

Onyx is more adult, full of references, more mysterious and had a few LGBTQ+ moments 

Adult, you mean a bed and her kissing with a dancer?

• Super Mods
23 minutes ago, Isla said:

Yeah, even though DWAD is my fave Britney tour a lot of money was spent on the technical innovations and I remember some critics actually criticsed the tour for all the special effects overshadowing Britney as a performer at times. Onyx was meant to be less elaborate than her past tours (which would also explain the smaller stage/lack of catwalk). 

I feel the same that tour is amazing and glad she did it and despite those negative critics, come across one that despite not being a fan, complimented that it’s one of the best pop concerts he ever experienced. Also I feel that’s at a time where she was toying with the idea of a residency since she was going to Vegas a lot and she performed at nightclubs there. The tour matched the era, stripped down and edgy.

Archived