BLACKPINK, Lady Gaga: ‘Sour Candy’ smashes records after release

‘Sour Candy’ smashes existing streaming records
Upon the release on Thursday, BLACKPINK and Lady Gaga’s ‘Sour Candy’ reportedly “shattered” streaming records, as per Forbes. It “debuted” on Spotify at the sixth spot in the Global streams and 12th in the United States with over 3.67 million and 757,000 streams, respectively.

The reports then added that the release “granted” the K-pop group the “biggest debut” for a single track in the history of Spotify. Not to mention, ‘Sour Candy’ had reportedly reached the top spot on iTunes in 52 countries.

Despite its release without an official music video, the audio-video reportedly “performed exceptionally” on YouTube. As stated, it reached over 21.8 million views within its first 24 hours.

The figures also reportedly allowed BLACKPINK and Lady Gaga to break the YouTube record for the “biggest debut” for an all-female collaboration. Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, and Lana Del Rey’s ‘Don’t Call Me Angel’ formerly held the record on the platform, the reports added.

Source

sour-candy.jpg.3f84f6565830b6bd56941ea05c8a3d0d.jpg

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

"Sour Candy" already has half the views of "Stupid Love" - the music video of a freakin' lead single. :tiffcackle: And it has twice the amount of likes - 3 million. "Stupid Love" only has 1,5 million. Great choice of lead single right there, Gaga. :katyfrog:

The same happened with the Joane era. Million Reasons was really successful and saved the era, but her lead single was Perfect illusion :( 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Britney_Love_Fan said:

It's not Blackpink ft Lady Gaga for sure, you can look at this video: :)

I know it’s a lady Gaga song and she sings most of it but BLACKPINK’s part is too long doesn’t really go with the song, it’s like they chopped two songs and put it together. IMO, I still listen to it but again not single worthy and it’s a love/hate for me.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block