Twitter drags Emma Watson for #BlackOutTuesday posts

• Leader

emma-watson.jpg.9afaaa16dabb0519c057641881b92950.jpg

Cancel culture set their sights on actress Emma Watson today. 

Twitter claims Watson isn't using her platform to spread awareness about the #BlackOutTuesday or Black Lives Matter movement. Instead, they feel like she's using the #BlackOutTuesday hashtag as an opportunity to look a certain way. People want her to post links where people can donate towards BLM organizations. 

Another issue: Watson added a white border around the black square photos so they'd match the rest of her feed.

Her name is currently trending on Twitter.

• Haha 3
  • Leader
1 minute ago, Livin4art said:

Woah people have too much time on their hands .... Get a life people ...... I swear we've raised a generation of hysterical overpanicked *****s ....... , Why does it matter how did she post it as long as she supports it , cancel culture posts have to stop finally , because they're getting more ridiculous each time .

Twitter is honestly so powerful, yet can be so toxic. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Livin4art said:

Woah people have too much time on their hands .... Get a life people ...... I swear we've raised a generation of hysterical overpanicked *****s ....... , Why does it matter how did she post it as long as she supports it , cancel culture posts have to stop finally , because they're getting more ridiculous with each time .

these people are 100 crazy %

• Love 3

Imagine thinking any social media posting I doing something. We don’t need to spread awareness of what’s happening in the streets right now, we can see it burning from our window.
What we do need to do is spread awareness of available resources and guide people on ways they can ACTUALLY help. Posting black squares is doing **** all to help anyone. I donated to BLM, hoping it’s more proactive than virtue signaling on Instagram.

• Love 2

Tbh, I was reading an article that says this whole #BlackoutTuesday ended up being less helpful, because now the hashtag #BlackLiveMatters is flooded with black squares and is hiding the important posts

It was a muddled initiative to begin with, and on Tuesday morning, it proved to be a liability: Due to an overwhelming number of users participating in the campaign, Instagram was flooded with images of black squares tagged under the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag, drowning out information on protests, fundraisers, documented police violence, and other important tools for the movement.

But about Emma, at least she posted something. That is the thing though, if they don't speak, they're bashed. If they speak, then they're criticized for what they say, or the way they say it, or the way they post it. So if I was a famous person, or had like a huge platform, I personally wouldn't know how to say anything without getting criticized or without offending someone. :idkney:

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I feel like Celebs or anyone are d*mned if they do and d*mmed if they don’t. It seems that everyone is on a high horse and judging away from their smart phones. 

Its not a celebrities responsibility to promote a charity. Use Google or Bing and find one to donate to. Be smart and use your SMART phone. :gagasmile:

THIS. 

Exactly the point I was trying to make when people were saying Britney should say something. People try to do the right thing and are still criticized for it. God forbid someone does it in a way that isn’t to their exact liking on social media. It’s deranged. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

She has 57,2 MILLION followers on Instagram, that's a huge COUNTRY... Of course she'll "upset" some.
Honestly, what we should cancel is cancel culture itself. They want to play the cool and woke card with it, but they are simply annoying. The important stuff is talked face to face or solved on the streets or at work, not on Twitter.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, sullivanSP said:

Poor Hermoine , hopefully she can cast a spell to make this all disappear. I mean SHES A WIZARD AFTER ALL. WHY ISN’T TWITTER ASKING HER TO USE HER SPELLS. :makeup::selenerz:

I thought you didn't know anything about Harry Potter? :umsaywhat:

Wait you called her a Wizard, nevermind. :haha: She's a witch, Sully. Also it's spelled Hermione. :hahaha:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block