David Guetta criticized for tone-deaf George Floyd tribute

• Leader

David Guetta's heart was in the right place, but the delivery was... off. 

“The world is going through difficult times and America, too, actually,” Guetta said. “Last night, I knew we were going to do this and I made a special record … in honor of George Floyd. I really hope we can see more unity and more peace when already things are so difficult.”

The superstar DJ dropped a beat behind Martin Luther King Jr.'s famous "I have a dream" speech and proceeded to give George Floyd's family a "shout-out." EEK.

It's a bit cringe to watch. How do we feel about this, Exhale?

david-guetta.jpg.c4af95dd2985e926d78a2a372403572d.jpg

Related: 

• Leader
3 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

Omg how out of touch is that :peasants: it’s almost like hey

“George Floyd got ******** but I hope this song I made for you makes you feel better.” 

it’s not really the time for music... Especially by giving a shoutout. Not a good way to show support. :katycream:

The shout-out part was just... SMH. Like bruh you're not in a Vegas nightclub 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

Ermm .... Is he on ***** ?? I mean get a grip David people are dying..... Also kinda reminds me of how I sent a sexbuddy a really awkward message one time after he told me he had to work and I was like "it's alright, and leaving room for longing is good too " and I hated myself for being so stupid lol sometimes we can say silly things it happens ....:makeitrain:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, deadcrocodiletears said:

hey i was just wondering, if u ever die do you give me permission to DJ rave music at your funeral?  i'll give your family a shoutout before i do it. it's the same logic. 

i wouldn't mind (me personally)

tenor.gif?itemid=16728482

but I can see why people don't like it, most people prefer a more solemn sound especially during this kind of situation

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block