Plastic Martyr accuses Lea Michelle of being transphobic

• Leader

Update: Lea is now being accused of being transphobic by transgender actress Plastic Martyr.

Update: Lea Michelle has issued an apology.

Michele says while she does not remember making the specific remarks that Ware says she made, that is "not really the point."

"What matters is that I clearly acted in ways which hurt other people," Michele tells People, explaining the importance of listening and learning from those who she might have hurt in the past.

"One of the most important lessons of the last few weeks is that we need to take the time to listen and learn about other people's perspectives and any role we have played or anything we can do to help address the injustices that they face," Michele says.

"When I tweeted the other day, it was meant to be a show of support for our friends and neighbors and communities of color during this really difficult time," she says, referring to her May 29 tweet in support of George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter movement. 

She continues: "but the responses I received to what I posted have made me also focus specifically on how my own behavior towards fellow cast members was perceived by them."

"While I don’t remember ever making this specific statement and I have never judged others by their background or color of their skin, that’s not really the point," Michele's statement continues. "What matters is that I clearly acted in ways which hurt other people."

"Whether it was my privileged position and perspective that caused me to be perceived as insensitive or inappropriate at times or whether it was just my immaturity and me just being unnecessarily difficult, I apologize for my behavior and for any pain which I have caused. We all can grow and change and I have definitely used these past several months to reflect on my own shortcomings."

"I am a couple of months from becoming a mother and I know I need to keep working to better myself and take responsibility for my actions, so that I can be a real role model for my child and so I can pass along my lessons and mistakes, so that they can learn from me," she concludes. "I listened to these criticisms and I am learning and while I am very sorry, I will be better in the future from this experience."

Earlier:

Lea Michelle is in hot water after she showed support for George Floyd. 

Michelle's Glee co-star, Samantha Ware, who played one of the new Glee members in the last season, claims Michelle bullied her. 

Their co-stars even started chiming in. 

I'm surprised cause I was always under the impression Lea Michelle was sweet. What do I know.

Tweets below: 

Spoiler

lea-michelle-trans.jpg.17af587a0a342a6c9581240c0a7de948.jpg

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, hxpnxl said:

i mean...  was this really the right time to start the drama. her personality being a ***** is one thing and her supporting BLM is another.  :umwtf:

Well it is because she’s displaying micro aggression by saying she’d **** in a black girl’s wig. 
She’s part of the problem in the BLM, and should not be considered part of it.

As Lea said ‘this is not an isolated incident.’

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I remember reading several stories about her behaviour back in the day. I always believed it. I get nasty vibes from her and always have. I always got these same vibes from Ellen too. They both seem like insufferable *****s yet are beloved by the GP. I’m glad that they are getting exposed. 

• Love 6
  • Like 2

Well, what a shame if this is true. I mean, why would this girl lie with something like this :idkney:

Actually, this one girl and that other guy Billy Lewis had great characters that I wish I could've seen more in the series, but they only appeared in the last season, for like 5 seconds. They and the others, including, apparently, Billie Eilish's brother, were so much better than the characters introduced in season 4.

I never heard about this before though, only about her problems with Naya Rivera. But if she really said so, that goes beyond to just being cocky on set, this is a direct attack.

35 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Well it is because she’s displaying micro aggression by saying she’d **** in a black girl’s wig. 
She’s part of the problem in the BLM, and should not be considered part of it.

As Lea said ‘this is not an isolated incident.’

I don't think that means Lea said that because she's black hence Willam has also spoken about Lea and he's white. Obviously she's just a ***** unless racist information surfaces. 

She's a problem in general, not neccessarily part of the BLM imo. I don't think if the person she's bullying is POC means it's pure racism, what I get from this tea spilling is she could be an alien and Lea would still bully her. :shocked:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, hxpnxl said:

She's a problem in general, not neccessarily part of the BLM imo. I don't think if the person she's bullying is POC means it's pure racism, what I get from this tea spilling is she could be an alien and Lea would still bully her. 

I think this might be the case. After reading a little bit, I think she's "equally" disrespectful to everybody, no making distinction between races, color, age :disappointed:

• Like 6

Jordan you are always policing us to not cuss or fight and to be better, but this post is you inciting a reckless fight. This dispute she claims is NOT BLACK LIVES MATTERS RELATED. She never even directly stated that. You implied it. Im so sick of you calling all of us out on here for debating and yet you blatantly did this for views on your site. I've been an Exhale user for years but you are so out of touch. You want rainbows and hearts on political issues but condemn us when it is not realistic. Then you post this thread inciting more hate? Hypocrite. YOU BE BETTER! F.uck I'm sick of being a person of color and YOU consistently policing me and MY FEELINGS. I'm fed up. A Lot of us are fed up. I subscribed because I believed in your vision of community building but you are too uncomfortable for people to call out injustices on your site. 

Edit: yes the actress tweet was a direct response to Lea's BLM tweet but in her response she never mentioned that it was racially charged. She never gave grounds for that and maybe there was something racial she felt but if so say it. She did not. I am not standing up for Lea. Lea Michelle is just a b.itch. A lot of talented women in the music industry are mean, but I'm calling out the intent of this thread.

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
25 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

Jordan you are always policing us to not cuss or fight and to be better, but this post is you inciting a reckless fight. This dispute she claims is NOT BLACK LIVES MATTERS RELATED. She never even directly stated that. You implied it. Im so sick of you calling all of us out on here for debating and yet you blatantly did this for views on your site. I've been an Exhale user for years but you are so out of touch. You want rainbows and hearts on political issues but condemn us when it is not realistic. Then you post this thread inciting more hate? Hypocrite. YOU BE BETTER! F.uck I'm sick of being a person of color and YOU consistently policing me and MY FEELINGS. I'm fed up. A Lot of us are fed up. I subscribed because I believed in your vision of community building but you are too uncomfortable for people to call out injustices on your site. 

Edit: yes the actress tweet was a direct response to Lea's BLM tweet but in her response she never mentioned that it was racially charged. She never gave grounds for that and maybe there was something racial she felt but if so say it. She did not. I am not standing up for Lea. A lot of talented women in the music industry are mean, but I'm calling out the intent in this thread.

33 minutes ago, hxpnxl said:

I don't think that means Lea said that because she's black hence Willam has also spoken about Lea and he's white. Obviously she's just a ***** unless racist information surfaces. 

She's a problem in general, not neccessarily part of the BLM imo. I don't think if the person she's bullying is POC means it's pure racism, what I get from this tea spilling is she could be an alien and Lea would still bully her. :shocked:

I didn't accuse her of being a racist, but she was indeed crushing a black girl's dream on her first TV gig. That's her first hand experience.

I find it extremely problematic that a white person is again policing what this BLACK girl is saying from her experience. Put yourself in her position. Also, when she said this, Willam and everyone else didn't come out and said she's horrible. So, even if she felt like she was treated horribly as a black woman, where is the lie? 

You keep saying you're not defending Lea, but your first reaction was to question the victim instead of sympathizing with her.  (this is not directed at Born2Die)

What I am getting from her tweet is she felt bullied by this woman, and she did not feel like this woman should represent the movement because it wasn't genuine.

11 minutes ago, Invitation said:

I didn't accuse her of being a racist, but she was indeed crushing a black girl's dream on her first TV gig. That's her first hand experience.

I find it extremely problematic that a white person is again policing what this BLACK girl is saying from her experience. Put yourself in her position. Also, when she said this, Willam and everyone else didn't come out and said she's horrible. So, even if she felt like she was treated horribly as a black woman, where is the lie?

You keep saying you're not defending Lea, but your first reaction was to put the victim down instead of sympathizing with her.

you missed my point entirely. I'm a POC and Lea Michelle has been a douche to a lot of people, whether of color or not. These stories are not new if you have been around the Glee days. So again my issue is with Jordan main paging his story of inciting racial tensions when he has been calling out a lot of US, POC for speaking up for ourselves in political threads, and then he calls us out for "fighting" and wants us to get along.

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

you missed my point entirely. I'm a POC and Lea Michelle has been a douche to a lot of people, whether or color or not. These stories are not new if you have been around the Glee days. So again my issue is with Jordan main paging his story of inciting racial tensions when he has been calling out a lot of US, POC for speaking up for ourselves is political threads, and the  he calls us out for "fighting" and wants us to get along.

I haven't. And most of my post wasn't really about you. But I wanted to quote you to let you know my take of her tweet in connection to Lea's BLM tweet.

And Idk about the Jordan part because this is a major story in pop news. I've seen this being in discussion in other forums. While most of the people felt like this was a nice distraction from the sadness going on in the past few days, this is the first time I've read someone imply that the black girl shouldn't be speaking out against the bully here. That kinda upset me because as you said, I'm tired of people telling POC, especially black people during BLM movement what to do or say. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Invitation said:

I haven't. And most of my post wasn't really about you. But I wanted to quote you to let you know my take of her tweet in connection to Lea's BLM tweet.

And Idk about the Jordan part because this is a major story in pop news. I've seen this being in discussion in other forums. While most of the people felt like this was a nice distraction from the sadness going on in the past few days, this is the first time I've read someone imply that the black girl shouldn't be speaking out against the bully here. That kinda upset me because as you said, I'm tired of people telling POC, especially black people during BLM movement what to do or say. 

I totally get your your point and thank you for this. Again my frustration is here on Exhale. I've been told so many time over the last week that my experience of racism and empathy is wrong. Me standing up and trying to show a different view that could enable a white person to see why a POC is triggered is me "fighting". So when this was mainpaged I snapped at the hypocrisy. I cancelled my Exhale plus subscription and will be moving on. Jordan wants a better world like we all do but he will never know what it is like to be a person of color. So after so many times being policed by him and me submitting myself, I am done. 

Again thank you for the explanation and I hope you can see where I was coming from. God bless :hugs:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block