Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Role Britney Spears Almost Played

20 minutes ago, Aprilbot said:

Hi! My user name checks out. She was supposed to play a robot named April. Aprilbot!

edit: season 5 episode 15 for reference since that article doesn’t say it. 

Hi!  That’s wicked awesome!  I can’t believe I didn’t know this until now.  I actually just recently started rewatching Buffy from the beginning.

And I could’ve sworn they mentioned the season and episode.  🤷🏻‍♂️

So is there a character you would’ve enjoyed seeing Britney play?  If she didn’t play April.

I love both Britney and Buffy, I just can't picture her on that show, and if she was on Buffy I wouldn't want her to play April that episode was boring lol.

I guess it would have been cool to see her in the Halloween episode where the frat house (I believe) turns haunted, she could have played a party goer helping the Scooby gang.

• Content Curators

I don't know much about Buffy but I think I read somewhere that they considered her for The Dukes Of Hazard but ultimately they went with Jessica I would have loved if Brit had done that movie. Jessica did a great job though she looked super hot, but watching Brit do the car wash video would have been iconic.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Since I started to watch Buffy  I used to hear rumors about Britney being in the show, but like we all know never happened. 

April, the robot, seems the closest to the real character she would be, but there was especulations about Britney being a vampire villain, and then other rumor for season 7 when Ashanti played a demon... Some people said that was made for Britney.

Britney end up mentioned during one episode. 

Could be iconic, nostalgia dream. Britney did some shows I never really enjoyed... what have i done art student problems GIF

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

Yeah I don’t think Joss Whedon is a fan of Britney as he conceived her as a robot with no personality saying because he didn’t really know much of her or her capabilities and complimented that the actress that plays the robot brought life to the character...slightly shady? :eheeek:

• Love 1

There’s only 3 B’s that matter in life...

Britney, Buffy & Boys. 
buffy the vampire slayer GIF by Pop TV

Ha! Yeah I remember the hype about it at the time. Very sad it never worked out.

Might be interesting to some... but I read an interview with Marti Nixon few months ago talking about it actually. She said April’s character was written with Britney in mind. However due to scheduling she had to pull out kind of last minute. So production had a meeting whether to scrap the episode but decided that it still moved the season ark on a bit so recast the role and went ahead with filming.

:badgirl:

• Love 3
  • Haha 2

My older sister told me this a few years ago and now every time I look at those pictures of SMG and Britney at the 1999 Teen Choice Awards, I think about what could've been. :wontcry:

dish-040517-sarah-michelle-gellar-britne

0fee0696ff5529ff1b27bf38f958cbe0.jpg.7c0

But did you guys know that the woman who played April is actually in Crossroads? She plays one of Kit's friends. For some reason I can't find the clip, but she's in the prom scene where she's telling Kit her boyfriend is probably cheating on her. 

• Love 3

hmm I am a HUGE Buffy fan... Britney would have been perfect on that show.
Just found this information from January 2000  :lizzie::

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=113310&page=1

Buffy co-executive producer Marti Noxon tells the magazine, “We’re still going to do the episode, we’re just going to do it with someone else.” Exactly what kind of character Spears was to have played was, and still is, privileged information.

“The [story] idea is still valid, and we’re going to go ahead and run with it,” says Noxon. “But now that [Spears is] not available, we’re going to push that episode to a little bit later.” In other words, it’s an open call for singing and dancing demons.

13 hours ago, Mattyj7883 said:

I can’t believe that being such a big fan of both Britney and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I am just finding this out now.

Unacceptable-Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer.gi

I know there were a lot of acting gigs that just didn’t work out for Britney (The Notebook, that MTV version of Alice in Wonderland) and some that did (Crossroads, Austin Powers in Goldmember, Will and Grace, How I Met Your Mother), but this one is new to me.  I think it would’ve been cool to see her alongside the ‘Scooby Gang’ but, unfortunately, things don’t always work out.  Especially since they both obviously left a huge mark on pop culture.

tumblr_n77u1tKY0E1tdc13bo1_500.gif

Check out the article here.

https://screenrant.com/buffy-vampire-slayer-britney-spears-role-robot-april/

So are there any other Buffy fans out there?  Do you think it would’ve been cool to see Britney make an appearance?  If not the role mentioned in the article, is there another role on the show you would’ve liked to see her take a stab at?  
tumblr_lg2cytvwnK1qgbabho1_500.gif

featured!

buffy the vampire slayer wink GIF

• Love 3

i LOVE Buffy the vampire slayer and Willow is my fav :cuteidk: it would have been cool to see Britney play a part while they were in high school. A Xander love interest that would have caused Cordelia (another fav) to go crazy but then Brit could have ended up being some sort of Demon. Maybe Brit could have played a demon that sings to make guys fall for her? UGH why didn’t this happen?! :crying3:

• Love 1