Apocalypse Anthems

I've been feeling super down about the state the world is in right now, and I'm sure most of you can relate. :smokney2: When the virus first broke out, I remember saying, "Who cares?!" But at this point, I can't help but feel super overwhelmed. It seems like every year something awful happens, and I feel like we've been saying, "Wow, this year was awful, so let's hope the next one is better" for like the past 5 or 6 years. But it just does not get better. It gets worse... :miley: I realize that a lot of people use music as an escape, but think of this as that oh-so-familiar situation of listening to sad songs because you're sad. :katyfrog: So let's share some songs that revolve around the apocalypse, angst, revolution, being unsatisfied with the state of the world, having existential dread, etc. :gagacrash: Here are my picks (feel free to share some of the lyrics too, if you feel like it):

A futuristic android's farewell letter to humanity:

"I don't need air to breathe, when you kill the bees, 

And every riverbed is dry as a bone.

Oh, I will still survive when the plants have died, 

And the atmosphere is just a big hole.

Baby, your time is up!"

"The TV says we're out of time.

Suck the fear in through your eyes.

Everyone is bland and blind.

Don't go outside.

Shut your mouth, give up and fall in line.

Listen to the way the children cry.

Amphibians are falling from the sky.

Now is not the time to go outside."

A song about trying to tell yourself that everything is fine when it's obviously not:

"Do you think everything, 

Everyone is goin' mental?

It seems to me it's spiraling

Out of control and it's inevitable."

"I wish I could

Change the ways

Of the world - 

Make it a nice place."

:lizzie:

apocolypse.jpg.0ddc750d348d64d8f4da0b0d5a9bec4c.jpg

• Love 3

A song condemning pointless war. This whole track is just truth bomb after truth bomb:

"There's a hole in our logic.

There's a hole in the sky.

And one day just like magic

We're all going to die..."

"Well, we should've recycled

And saved our resources.

Well, let's steal someone else's.

Someone call the armed forces.

And we'll blame it on terror,

Also known as religion.

But we shouldn't feel guilt

For protecting our children."

• Love 1
  • Content Curators

How do you do ? by Shakira

How do you do, how does it feel to be so high are you happy ? do you ever cry ?

You've made mistakes well that's okay cause we all have but if I forgive yours will you forgive mine ?

• Love 3

I wanna be there when you touch fire

59 minutes ago, reecejwilson said:

I don't believe in time :idkney: recently I've just led to believe that there's no such thing as the past or future. I think we just eat/sleep/live/die, with everything around us constantly evolving :wontcry:

That's depressing. I refuse to accept that kind of thought process. :katyfrog: However, I've definitely lost track of time. Like... I literally have no idea where the frick May disappeared. It almost feels like it didn't even happen. And most days, I don't even know what date it is (unless I have a specific event coming up, such as an exam, for example). :smokney2:

• Love 1
On 6/1/2020 at 8:07 PM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I've been feeling super down about the state the world is in right now, and I'm sure most of you can relate. :smokney2: When the virus first broke out, I remember saying, "Who cares?!" But at this point, I can't help but feel super overwhelmed. It seems like every year something awful happens, and I feel like we've been saying, "Wow, this year was awful, so let's hope the next one is better" for like the past 5 or 6 years. But it just does not get better. It gets worse... :miley: I realize that a lot of people use music as an escape, but think of this as that oh-so-familiar situation of listening to sad songs because you're sad. :katyfrog: So let's share some songs that revolve around the apocalypse, angst, revolution, being unsatisfied with the state of the world, having existential dread, etc. :gagacrash: Here are my picks (feel free to share some of the lyrics too, if you feel like it):

A futuristic android's farewell letter to humanity:

"I don't need air to breathe, when you kill the bees, 

And every riverbed is dry as a bone.

Oh, I will still survive when the plants have died, 

And the atmosphere is just a big hole.

Baby, your time is up!"

"The TV says we're out of time.

Suck the fear in through your eyes.

Everyone is bland and blind.

Don't go outside.

Shut your mouth, give up and fall in line.

Listen to the way the children cry.

Amphibians are falling from the sky.

Now is not the time to go outside."

A song about trying to tell yourself that everything is fine when it's obviously not:

"Do you think everything, 

Everyone is goin' mental?

It seems to me it's spiraling

Out of control and it's inevitable."

"I wish I could

Change the ways

Of the world - 

Make it a nice place."

:lizzie:

apocolypse.jpg.0ddc750d348d64d8f4da0b0d5a9bec4c.jpg

This is the song that always gets me 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block