Mood Ring falls outta #1 on iTunes after 3 days, however...

Honestly, I still don't understand why it topping iTunes for 3 days is seen as such a big achievement. I mean it's iTunes... in 2020. Mood Ring's  success during those 3 days will amount to what, 25,000 copies sold or something? And sure the song is 4 years old, but considering that it was practically impossible to own legally outside of Japan until this week and there has been a frenzy of "Justice4_____" trends in the past two months where various standoms have organized to buy songs/albums en masse, it's not really surprising that it did well on iTunes.

6 hours ago, YannFrance said:

She has zero longevity, it's just her fans buying then it falls like a rock. Nothing impressive about it, it proves the general public doesn't care about her anymore.

Here’s the thing, to a degree u are right. Britney is more of an endearing pop legend to most ppl at this point and they’re not really interested in her new releases. In female pop star world 30 is usually when ppl lose interest in you and find u enrelatable. It is a lil diff for artists like Lana and Gaga cause they didn’t debut when they were 16, and Taylor has done an exceptional job of making ppl forget she’s getting older. To be honest, I don’t think chromatica exploded with the gp until she collabed with Ari. There was always hype amongst gays but tbh straight ppl seem disinterested 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, nwonder said:

Its so sad that she felt she needed to go as far as she did. But each to their own.

bcba660af58d63f8f05643a8ea992edb.jpg711260b50f4e0439eaa3033159bb2ed8

I agree.  She was definitely the standout of the group too.  I still remember from her show “All About Aubrey” when the choreographer made her take all of her makeup off.  Then he asked her what was going on with her weight.  It was sad to watch.  You could tell she was struggling with something.  This is one of those cases where you just don’t know what people are dealing with inside.  Still love her though.  :sendinglove:

• Love 2
10 hours ago, YannFrance said:

She has zero longevity, it's just her fans buying then it falls like a rock. Nothing impressive about it, it proves the general public doesn't care about her anymore.

Are you forgetting that technically we are the general public? We’re not in her inner circle, and we don’t know her. Stop making yourself look silly hun 

• Love 2