I was very selfishly happy about a third Spice Girls album. I didn't see anything wrong with Melanie C. When there was...

I guess you can say I was way to happy to have a third Spice Girls album. I think in my gay teen mind I could address the bullies: You all were wrong. We got our third album. Take that. 

I was also 16 and very naive to understand what was was going on Melanie C was serious. I thought it was all for show..

Later I found out all the fame got to her and she suffered a depression, a mental breakdown and an eating disorder. 

There was a weight gain. That was also a struggle. She said I ate normally and exercised, but my body reacted differently and I gained more than I thought. 

This just breaks my heart. She was obviously not ready to promote a Spice Girls project, but the mentality of the job and the music industry of the past basically was like, get out there and do it..

mel-c-wrong.jpg.1b7e51fed51c3e0bfce3cc7e6fbef533.jpg

Related:

5 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

I wish I was alive to have been old enough to be around when the Spice Girls were popular! Lucky you!! I did see their reunion tour and LOVED it!!!

It was amazing. Especially for me. It was really the first in your face pop girl group. 

We are so used to R&B girl groups in America. But the Spice girls were proud to be pop stars and saying pop music isn't a dirty word. It's just the rappers,  the serious avant garde acts thought it was the most dirtiest thing 

I mean I grew up with Marilyn Manson,  and The icp fans. 

It still shocks me. A guy I had a crush on Loved Insane clown posse was gay. 

But he did some things in his personal life that I really couldn't Condone 

.it's one thing to do weed and such. But I always visited him at work. And he was like high on a speed ball. It scared me. Plus the whole you're boring without a beer or booze friends got to me. I had to pull away. Cos I was like I can't be down this path. 

I was obsessed with them but when Ginger left I stopped following them and didn’t even listen to their third album because I knew they’d never be the same. So I don’t know much about the later Spice Girl years. 

I just realized how similar my favorite girl group Danity Kane is to them....2 albums with all members and then a 3rd with members missing. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I was obsessed with them but when Ginger left I stopped following them and didn’t even listen to their third album because I knew they’d never be the same. So I don’t know much about the later Spice Girl years. 

I just realized how similar my favorite girl group Danity Kane is to them....2 albums with all members and then a 3rd with members missing. 

Now it really is like I’m talking to myself (like someone thought the other day in another thread haha)!  Everyone always laughs at me when I say I love Danity Kane.  Did then, do now.  aubrey o'day drinking GIF by Wetpaint

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Now it really is like I’m talking to myself (like someone thought the other day in another thread haha)!  Everyone always laughs at me when I say I love Danity Kane.  Did then, do now.  aubrey o'day drinking GIF by Wetpaint

I think for me. The Spice girls were a family unit. As you see they talked all their issues. Yes their situation is different..

Danity kane was really never given a chance. I mean diddy fired Audrey cos she wanted to be a confidant ****** woman instead of what diddy want..

It still baffles me. How loyal Danity kane fan base. I know one friend basically blocked *****cat dolls and other girl groups on spotify except Danity kane. 

His name is Jeremy miles. He's the biggest fan. It still baffles me. I was like they actually had fans. 

In like. We had the *****cat dolls. And you stanned the underdogs. If you catch my drift. 

25 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Omg yes! Danity Kane was so amazing! I was devastated when they broke up! They’re forever my favorite girl group! Diddy totally mis-managed them too which is such a shame ....I mean just two singles released from both albums like wtf and he always picked the wrong 2nd singles! 

Do you like dumblonde (Aubrey/Shannon)? Their first album is one of my all time favorite albums! 

• Love 1
Just now, lustwecantcontrol said:

Omg yes! Danity Kane was so amazing! I was devastated when they broke up! They’re forever my favorite girl group! Diddy totally mis-managed them too which is such a shame ....I mean just two singles released from both albums like wtf and he always picked the wrong 2nd singles! 

Do you like dumblonde (Aubrey/Shannon)? Their first album is one of my all time favorite albums! 

I was devastated too!  I still jam out to them all the time.  All three of their albums.  Don’t get me started on Diddy.  Haha.  

I LOVE dumblonde!  Although, I felt like Gretchen trying to make fetch happen with all my friends.  Their first album is amazing!  Not a skip on it.  I liked their second but the first is my go to.  I actually saw them in Boston a few years ago.  I dragged my sister with me.  She really enjoyed them!  I also just found some pics from a DK club appearance I went to when they were promoting Welcome to the Dollhouse.  Aubrey and D. Woods weren’t there.  Now I know why.  I forgot I got a pic with Shannon and Aundrea.

Have you heard the latest stuff that Aubrey and Dawn have released under the Danity Kane name?  

17 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I think for me. The Spice girls were a family unit. As you see they talked all their issues. Yes their situation is different..

Danity kane was really never given a chance. I mean diddy fired Audrey cos she wanted to be a confidant ****** woman instead of what diddy want..

It still baffles me. How loyal Danity kane fan base. I know one friend basically blocked *****cat dolls and other girl groups on spotify except Danity kane. 

His name is Jeremy miles. He's the biggest fan. It still baffles me. I was like they actually had fans. 

In like. We had the *****cat dolls. And you stanned the underdogs. If you catch my drift. 

Oh I love the Spice Girls!  The same thing with Danity Kane; loved them then and love them now.  Pu$$ycat Dolls, too, for that matter.  What went down with DK was a mess.  To this day I can’t stand Diddy.  Apparently Making the Band is coming back and Dawn is going to be involved somehow.

This video was hard to watch, to be honest.  I watched a bit, scanned through, and watched a bit more.  She was definitely going through something.  Such a shame.

I was just talking recently on here about Spice World the movie.  I remember my youngest sister loving that movie.  She was probably too young to be watching it, with some of the parts that were in there.  However, she and I would always watch it.  

3 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

I was devastated too!  I still jam out to them all the time.  All three of their albums.  Don’t get me started on Diddy.  Haha.  

I LOVE dumblonde!  Although, I felt like Gretchen trying to make fetch happen with all my friends.  Their first album is amazing!  Not a skip on it.  I liked their second but the first is my go to.  I actually saw them in Boston a few years ago.  I dragged my sister with me.  She really enjoyed them!  I also just found some pics from a DK club appearance I went to when they were promoting Welcome to the Dollhouse.  Aubrey and D. Woods weren’t there.  Now I know why.  I forgot I got a pic with Shannon and Aundrea.

Have you heard the latest stuff that Aubrey and Dawn have released under the Danity Kane name?  

I’m jealous you got to see both dumblonde and DK! 

Yeah dumblonde’s first album is flawless, Bianca is good, but kinda disappointing when you compare it to the first and the mastering on it is a little off. I’m worried we won’t get another dumblonde project because Shannon is off working on some other TV project. 

I liked Neon Lights which was released under DK with all three of the girls like the third album, but I’m not feeling the Aubrey/Dawn material! 

• Love 1
Just now, lustwecantcontrol said:

I’m jealous you got to see both dumblonde and DK! 

Yeah dumblonde’s first album is flawless, Bianca is good, but kinda disappointing when you compare it to the first and the mastering on it is a little off. I’m worried we won’t get another dumblonde project because Shannon is off working on some other TV project. 

I liked Neon Lights which was released under DK with all three of the girls like the third album, but I’m not feeling the Aubrey/Dawn material! 

Yeah, I totally forgot about seeing DK until I saw those pics on my hard drive.  Haha.  They didn’t perform or anything and looking back you can totally tell there was an elephant in the room.  Dumblonde live were great!!  That’s one good thing I’ll say about Diddy is that he did train them well.  They danced and sang and didn’t skip a beat!

I liked Neon Lights too.  I’m bummed they didn’t push forward with more as a trio.  I hope they do in the future but you may be right.  I know Shannon is working on other stuff.  She has some book thing too.  I’m not sure yet about the Aubrey and Dawn stuff.  I do like New Kings.  The other two songs are so so.  I haven’t listened enough though.

1 minute ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Yeah, I totally forgot about seeing DK until I saw those pics on my hard drive.  Haha.  They didn’t perform or anything and looking back you can totally tell there was an elephant in the room.  Dumblonde live were great!!  That’s one good thing I’ll say about Diddy is that he did train them well.  They danced and sang and didn’t skip a beat!

I liked Neon Lights too.  I’m bummed they didn’t push forward with more as a trio.  I hope they do in the future but you may be right.  I know Shannon is working on other stuff.  She has some book thing too.  I’m not sure yet about the Aubrey and Dawn stuff.  I do like New Kings.  The other two songs are so so.  I haven’t listened enough though.

Yeah if dumblonde continues it’s probably going to be awhile before anything new is released sadly! I kinda wish they’d release like an EP of some unreleased tracks from both albums. I just realized that White Hot Lies was totally ahead of its time, it had that disco vibe before that became a thing again! 

New Kings is the only Aubrey/Dawn track that I can kind of get into. The other two are just meh and one of them was originally a solo Dawn track that they just added Aubrey to. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Yeah if dumblonde continues it’s probably going to be awhile before anything new is released sadly! I kinda wish they’d release like an EP of some unreleased tracks from both albums. I just realized that White Hot Lies was totally ahead of its time, it had that disco vibe before that became a thing again! 

New Kings is the only Aubrey/Dawn track that I can kind of get into. The other two are just meh and one of them was originally a solo Dawn track that they just added Aubrey to. 

Sadly, I think you’re right.  I wished they’d release some other stuff too.  I mean, I wish Aubrey would/could release some of her other solo stuff.  You’re totally right about White Hot Lies.  That whole album was a missed opportunity.  I wish it was bigger.  Then again I like that it’s this hidden gem at the same time.

I did read that somewhere about the solo Dawn track and them adding Aubrey.  I’m just glad the two of them worked out their issues.  I need to dive more into Dawn’s solo stuff.  The one song of hers I love is “Phoenix” which actually has Aundrea on it.  If you haven’t heard it give it a listen.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Sadly, I think you’re right.  I wished they’d release some other stuff too.  I mean, I wish Aubrey would/could release some of her other solo stuff.  You’re totally right about White Hot Lies.  That whole album was a missed opportunity.  I wish it was bigger.  Then again I like that it’s this hidden gem at the same time.

I did read that somewhere about the solo Dawn track and them adding Aubrey.  I’m just glad the two of them worked out their issues.  I need to dive more into Dawn’s solo stuff.  The one song of hers I love is “Phoenix” which actually has Aundrea on it.  If you haven’t heard it give it a listen.  

I really tried to get into/ love Dawn’s solo stuff but there’s actually very few tracks from her that I like. My favorite is probably Physical. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Oh I love the Spice Girls!  The same thing with Danity Kane; loved them then and love them now.  Pu$$ycat Dolls, too, for that matter.  What went down with DK was a mess.  To this day I can’t stand Diddy.  Apparently Making the Band is coming back and Dawn is going to be involved somehow.

This video was hard to watch, to be honest.  I watched a bit, scanned through, and watched a bit more.  She was definitely going through something.  Such a shame.

I was just talking recently on here about Spice World the movie.  I remember my youngest sister loving that movie.  She was probably too young to be watching it, with some of the parts that were in there.  However, she and I would always watch it.  

I find Spiceworld almost eerie. 

If you watch after What happened in 98.

Just wait til you start having kids. Then both Victoria and Mel B got pregnant on the tour at the same time.

Spice girls fall out, Split up. 

Geri left in may of 98. That movie was released in December of 97. 

That movie is very eerie in like it very much predicted the Spice girls fate right in front of our eyes. 

It's actually scary how a fictional movie actually turned into reality right before pur eyes. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I really tried to get into/ love Dawn’s solo stuff but there’s actually very few tracks from her that I like. My favorite is probably Physical. 

I’ll have to give it a listen.  I have tried to get into her stuff, too, but just couldn’t connect to it.  Just give me DK Dawn.  Haha.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block