Taylor Swift's next single appears to be "Cruel Summer." How fitting?

11 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

taylor.jpg.ed0ad53b891fad0afde5e880fdce0ffa.jpg

I think for all of us, the last day of May proved draining. 

It feels like this we're heading into the summer amidst even more uncertainty, which I didn't think was possible considering how dizzying the pandemic has proven. Taylor Swift has a pretty perfect song (under the circumstances).

Swifties are speculating she'll release "Cruel Summer" in the very near future as the next single off Lover. 

The song is pop perfection, and though I'd like to see things through a brighter lens, the summer time sadness does feel quite cruel right now, doesn't it?

The opening lyrics are pretty dark considering Coronavirus. 

Fever dream high
In the quiet of the night

Actually, there's a lot of double meanings you could surmise by taking a closer look at the lyrics. 

Do you want Taylor to release "Cruel Summer" as a single? Or is it tone deaf? Sound off.

EZY6vY3VcAAtKWf?format=jpg&name=small

yassssssssssssssssssss best song on entire album was gonna revolt if this didn't get released lol

7 hours ago, T0UCH0FMYHAND said:

What actually happened to that website with the coundown? The whole Karma album/single rumour? The website now leads to Taylors official website so it must have been there for a reason??

It was just for Reputation Tour merch going on sale on Taylor's website ddd.

Anyways, even though the Lover era does feel somewhat dead, I'd be here for a Cruel Summer single release. It's one of the best songs on the album.

• Like 1

I think it's the perfect choice for the next single! I'll admit that I wasn't initially a big fan of the song, but now I find myself wearing a sweater with the lyrics on it (ha)! While it feels like it's been a while since her last single (which was only February!), I think Swifties will definitely do their work to make this song a success.

I love you, ain't that the worst thing you ever heard?

12 hours ago, Sharkney said:

Am I missing something? Why is this being speculated? What did Taylor post or say to allude to Cruel Summer becoming the next single?

oh, and it’s my favourite song off Lover and one of her best ever so I’m in disbelief this is happening. 

Does anyone have an answer to my question?

On 6/1/2020 at 4:43 PM, Isla said:

It was just for Reputation Tour merch going on sale on Taylor's website ddd.

Anyways, even though the Lover era does feel somewhat dead, I'd be here for a Cruel Summer single release. It's one of the best songs on the album.

It is THE best song on the entire album and one of her best EVER...mic drop 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block