Selena Quintanilla appreciation thread

10 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

You may be like an alto 1, the highest singing alto, or a soprano 2, the lowest singing soprano. Honestly you'd be surprised though. People are usually shocked when they find out what voice part they're in. 

Ok wow you know so much. :deadbanana: There are numbers, so cool. :omg: I think i'm more comfortable thinking i'm an alto 1. Soprano 2 still scares me like I just don't think i'm that. :yesokay:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, vzlafan said:

A lot of people we stan here.

But i can't believe how she could die that way in a cheap motel by her fan club president is discusting! 

Business you can't talk in motels, is on offices, it just a hard lesson to everyone Rest in peace Selena

She was that humble and trusting of Yolanda. Even her family would tell her not to be too trusting of people. She would go to the mall, the movies and just anywhere without realizing what a huge star she was becoming.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Just now, ColdAsFire88 said:

I’m under the impression that Selena wanted inspire everyone so I’ll let her have 30 seconds :ohi:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. :cheese: It's unfortunate Selena was such a good person. She wouldn't want us telling that b.itch off for using her song like that. :tiffanycries:

8 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I love Selena! :makeitrain:

I've loved her since I was a kid cause my aunt would play her music in her car especially Bidi Bidi Bom Bom.

And even though I was 2 when she died:

her music brings back SO many memories! 

I would write which songs are my fave but I have way too many lol 

I love that! Also your avi :urite: the BTMYH red crop top and black slit skirt is an iconic look! :barbie: Taste.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. :cheese: It's unfortunate Selena was such a good person. She wouldn't want us telling that b.itch off for using her song like that. :tiffanycries:

I love that! Also your avi :urite: the BTMYH red crop top and black slit skirt is an iconic look! :barbie: Taste.

Thanks lol. I love BTMYH, its one of my fave songs from Britney.

I wish Selena never died cause she would be the top latina star instead of Jlo

(NOT that im hating on her but im just saying)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Thanks lol. I love BTMYH, its one of my fave songs from Britney.

I wish Selena never died cause she would be the top latina star instead of Jlo

(NOT that im hating on her but im just saying)

It's all good, me and my best friend grudingly say that a lot to each other. While I like Jlo, she can't stand her and is always like "Jlo literally got her start because Selena died, etc etc". It would've been cool to see a world where they're both alive and famous. But yeah, Selena would've come out on top for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

It's all good, me and my best friend grudingly say that a lot to each other. While I like Jlo, she can't stand her and is always like "Jlo literally got her start because Selena died, etc etc". It would've been cool to see a world where they're both alive and famous. But yeah, Selena would've come out on top for sure. 

True. I wonder if she would've been famous another way besides playing Selena in the movie.

I dont think she would've been if she did.

However I do think she did a great job at playing her, she's a good actress.

• Love 2

I’ve always loved Selena. Even some of her Spanish songs despite me not understanding what they are saying 😂 

I definitely think she would have had an amazing crossover and she would have been successful. She had a beautiful voice, she was beautiful and her songs were well written. 

It’s awful that her fan club manager was such an evil *****. And that her family put religious beliefs ahead of doctor recommendations. She wouldn’t have died if her father had allowed blood transfusions. The way her family always pushes aside her husband like he wasn’t important is horrible too. Her very humble trusting nature is much like Britney. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, AP4 said:

I’ve always loved Selena. Even some of her Spanish songs despite me not understanding what they are saying 😂 

I definitely think she would have had an amazing crossover and she would have been successful. She had a beautiful voice, she was beautiful and her songs were well written. 

It’s awful that her fan club manager was such an evil *****. And that her family put religious beliefs ahead of doctor recommendations. She wouldn’t have died if her father had allowed blood transfusions. The way her family always pushes aside her husband like he wasn’t important is horrible too. Her very humble trusting nature is much like Britney. 

About the blood transfusion part, that's actually not true. They went ahead and gave her blood at the hospital without even seeking permission but even then, it was too late. She bled to death insanely fast as the bullet ended up severing an artery. It's been said if the bullet was only about 2 centimeters off, she would've lived. It's just an unfortunate situation all around that could've been prevented. :crying1:

But anyways yes, she would've had such an impressive career and that crossover album was going to certify her as an undeniable American popstar. I actually am working on a piece for Exhale as Dreaming Of You will be 25 years old on July 18th. :)

• Love 3
  • Like 1

What bothers me the most is that she died right when she was about to get the big producers and the take over the English market. I love her "Dinos" songs but the thing that shined the most was her voice and persona - it would have been incredible to hear that kind of song with killer top notch production (Dreaming of You was not it still lol, but I love it - it's just a usual Diane Warren song or something). She could've revolutionized the Latino market in a way no one still did.

Such a talented and ahead-of-her-time woman. A courageous and daring woman too. A beautiful woman.

One of the most tragic stories :(

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

From what I get, it seemed like she was more passionate about fashion. I always get the vibe that although she loves singing, I think it was more of an obligation since that was literally what she had to do to make a living for the family. This is just my observation from watching interviews of her that I think she is able to express herself through that aspect so I can definitely see her being like Britney and slowing down her career to maybe focus on her fashion brand or something on the more business side to be able to have a family. I feel like Jlo kinda carried out that plan for her as thats kinda what I see Selena doing in the future but the difference is Selenas discography would slay as we know Jlo doesn't have an ear for hits. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block