Selena Quintanilla appreciation thread

• Content Curators

The fact that she still outsold jlo is very telling of just how much power she had despite her career being cut so short. If she was still alive today it would be shaki and Selena doing that Super Bowl half time show, as she was just about to make her crossover. 
I love como la flor the best even tho her music makes me sad sometimes, I try to remain happy 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Growing up in the northeast I had no attachment to her.

Now that I live in the southwest I find her music super effing annoying, but not because it's bad.

For whatever reason the gay club out here acts like she wasn't ******** 30 years ago and there's always like what feels like a 30 minute block of her outdated music that plays in the middle of the night and completely ruins the flow.

I don't get it, especially when we're all almost too young to even remember her?

She was ******** 25 years ago, sis. And her music isn't outdated... it's a relic of it's time just like literally every song to ever be released. :zoomzoom: :cackling: It's alright if her music isn't your thing but please don't act like she was some nobody. Selena's artistry made an enormous impact. She's the reason why Hispanic musicians are as successful as they are today. She's the best selling female artist in Latin history with 65 million units sold. She's an inspiration not just to Latinas, but to everyone. 

• Love 5
  • Like 3
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

She was ******** 25 years ago, sis. And her music isn't outdated... it's a relic of it's time just like literally every song to ever be released. :zoomzoom: :cackling: It's alright if her music isn't your thing but please don't act like she was some nobody. Selena's artistry made an enormous impact. She's the reason why Hispanic musicians are as successful as they are today. She's the best selling female artist in Latin history with 65 million units sold. She's an inspiration not just to Latinas, but to everyone. 

Honestly it sounds a little entitled

a whole region of people grew up listening to her 

not everyone grew up listening to idk Paula Abdul or whatever 

so what if a region of people like to play her songs? They are better than most trash these days anyways 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Honestly it sounds a little entitled

a whole region of people grew up listening to her 

not everyone grew up listening to idk Paula Abdul or whatever 

so what if a region of people like to play her songs? They are better than most trash these days anyways 

Agreed, although I love Paula Abdul. :akii: Also a Shakira × Selena halftime show would've been f.ucking LEGENDARY. :scalped: :blast: :letitburn: 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

"Relic of it's time" is basically saying outdated. I stand by stance that it currently has no business in the middle of a dance floor on a saturday night.

It's like going from Nicki Minaj to ABBA. It just doesn't make sense and completely kills the vibe.

That's not a disrespect to her or her accomplishments or how she inspires people and I was not suggesting otherwise.

• Haha 1
Just now, Britney'sBish said:

"Relic of it's time" is basically saying outdated. I stand by stance that it currently has no business in the middle of a dance floor on a saturday night.

It's like going from Nicki Minaj to ABBA. It just doesn't make sense and completely kills the vibe.

That's not a disrespect to her or her accomplishments or how she inspires people and I was not suggesting otherwise.

Okay I can understand that. Honestly I would kill for a club near me to play her but for others I can see how it would ruin the mood. I guess it's something really only her stans would appreciate. :tbh:

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

Okay I can understand that. Honestly I would kill for a club near me to play her but for others I can see how it would ruin the mood. I guess it's something really only her stans would appreciate. :tbh:

It's seriously so jarring and it clears the dance floor.

I like I Could Fall In Love and Bidi Bidi Bom Bom, but if you heard it interrupting a dance session where people are living their best life you're gonna get real tired of it quick. 

Literally all I'm saying.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Britney'sBish said:

It's seriously so jarring and it clears the dance floor.

I like I Could Fall In Love and Bidi Bidi Bom Bom, but if you heard it interrupting a dance session where people are living their best life you're gonna get real tired of it quick. 

Literally all I'm saying.

They should be playing her club mixes of Enamorada De Ti and I'm Getting Used To You then. :idkney:

They sound "outdated" too but it's more of a club throwback tbh. 

• Like 1

I can’t believe there’s still people that haven’t heard any Selena songs :shocked: 

She’s up there with me!!! 
along with Thalía + Shakira! :byebitch: 

y aún guardaba la ilusión , que alimentaba el corazón.. mi corazón que hoy tiene que verte como amigo 

:crying3: 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Sis- she was brutally ******** 25+ years ago let’s be respectful now

and let’s also remind ourselves how in those short amount of years she outsold careers that are still very active today, selling 65 m+ albums is no joke in that short amount of time!

Don’t worry I was joking :sendinglove: I have not heard her music but yes, I am aware of her unfortunate demise and impact :) 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

So everyone is really gonna neglect “Techno Cumbia”?!?! #ABop... I get it tho. Most of you probably only know the J-Lo “Selena”, and that’s ok, she did a really good job and helped continue Selena’s legacy, but there are so many other good songs too. She was incredibly talented and she will be missed. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block