Selena Quintanilla appreciation thread

5 hours ago, Midnight said:

Late at night when all the world is sleeping, I stay up and think of you, and I wish on a star that somewhere you are thinking of me too :crying1:

Selena one of the most talented artist ever. Her versatility and charisma incomparable.

Yes she truly is! And ugh Dreaming Of You is so hard to listen to. Even playing it on piano makes me cry. :crying2:

5 hours ago, Midnight said:

Also bidi bidi is my jam Chris Perez delivered that rocker element to Sels music and I live for it.

Bidi Bidi Bom Bom is such a bop. It's one of the few songs that the non Spanish speaking GP can sing because of it's chorus. :haha: Like I literally have my 3 year old nephew screaming "bidibidibombom" really fast at the top of his lungs at the most random times.

I love what Chris does to a lot of her songs. Where Is The Feeling for example is already that 90s sad bop but he just adds something to it. Turns a pop song into something more cutting edge with a harder sound. 

• Love 4
  • Content Curators
6 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

Yes she truly is! And ugh Dreaming Of You is so hard to listen to. Even playing it on piano makes me cry. :crying2:

Bidi Bidi Bom Bom is such a bop. It's one of the few songs that the non Spanish speaking GP can sing because of it's chorus. :haha: Like I literally have my 3 year old nephew screaming "bidibidibombom" really fast at the top of his lungs at the most random times.

I love what Chris does to a lot of her songs. Where Is The Feeling for example is already that 90s sad bop but he just adds something to it. Turns a pop song into something more cutting edge with a harder sound. 

I cant even make it past the first 3 seconds I instantly cry Dreaming of you is such a diamond.

Yes bidi bidi I be like :madance:washer machine.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Just now, sullivanSP said:

I’ve never heard of her to be honest. I wish I did :decisions:

That's okay to be honest. Sometimes you just never hear about super famous people, as weird as that sounds. But you should definitely go listen to her like right now. :runga: Selena was an absolutely incredible artist and woman with some true bops. This is some of her more famous stuff:

Spoiler

And of course, the song/album my username is from

And here's a thread I made a few months ago that'll tell you a little bit about who she was. :)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, AmorProhibido said:

Selena was an absolutely incredible artist and woman with some true bops. This is some of her more famous stuff:

Thanks baby imma give these a listen, I want to experience as much artists I can, she died pretty young as well which is a shame. :yesplease:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Just joking! :hahaha: I have not heard Selena’s music to say anything :kermit: any recommendations?

:haha: it's all good. I would start with some of her most well known hits, some of which are English, some in Spanish. 

Spoiler

And these are some of my favorites.

Spoiler

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Growing up in the northeast I had no attachment to her.

Now that I live in the southwest I find her music super effing annoying, but not because it's bad.

For whatever reason the gay club out here acts like she wasn't ******** 30 years ago and there's always like what feels like a 30 minute block of her outdated music that plays in the middle of the night and completely ruins the flow.

I don't get it, especially when we're all almost too young to even remember her?

• Haha 1
  • Content Curators
9 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Overrated :queenflopga:

Sis- she was brutally ******** 25+ years ago let’s be respectful now

and let’s also remind ourselves how in those short amount of years she outsold careers that are still very active today, selling 65 m+ albums is no joke in that short amount of time!

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block