Do You Prefer The “Circus” Era or the “Femme Fatale” Era?

“Circus” Era or “Femme Fatale” Era?   

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which Was A Better Era “Circus” or “Femme Fatale”?

• “Circus” Era
    • “Femme Fatale” Era

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2020 at 08:51 PM

I would say I like the Femme Fatale album more music wise, however Circus has its gems like Unusual You, Shattered Glass, Mannequin and Phonography as well as Circus and If you seek Amy. But the Femme Fatale album is Pop Royalty providing hit after hit. I prefer “Britney” from the circus era especially considering we got the “For the record” documentary which to me was the last time we got to see the real “BRITNEY.” Both productions on the tours were amazing. I would say if Britney performed in the femme fatale tour like she did for Circus as far as her swag and dancing, it would’ve been perfect but to me she felt a bit dead inside for the femme fatale era. I do prefer the singles from the femme fatale era also. I would say as an overall experience as a fan the Circus era was better due to the hype and it being her official return and I remember being sooo excited and I got to go to the circus tour twice which was a plus. But the music for Femme Fatale was better. Plus Britney looked amazing during the Circus era.

On 5/31/2020 at 6:36 PM, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

Personally,  I Love Both.  “Circus” & “Femme Fatale” Are In My Holy Trinity Britney Albums (The Other Album Is “In The Zone”).   The Era’s Are Equally As Dashing, Both Had Their Up’s and Down’s, But Overall, Were Flawless. cf.png.7ab35143dd74af81f42a8af500d45b76.png

We Start With The “Circus” Era: 

“Circus” Era (2008 - 2009) 

“Circus” Opened Up It’s Era With “Womanizer”, A Rhythmic Pop Song That Was An Overall Smash.  Jumping From #96 To #1 In A Single Week, “Womanizer” Became Britney’s 2nd #1 In The U.S.  In The U.K., It Peaked At #3.  It Was A Worldwide Hit,  Selling Over 12 Million Copies To Date.  It Was Nominated For A Grammy For “Best Dance Recording”.  “Womanizer” Was A Legendary Comeback For The Queen.  Following That, Brit Released The Album’s Title Track, “Circus” As It’s Second Single.  This Marked An Other Success For Britney,  Debuting And Peaking At #3, It Marked Her 7th Top 10 Hit In The United States.  Following This Huge Success, She Released Her Highly Anticipated Album, “Circus”,  It Debuted At #1 In The U.S., Selling 505,000 Copies In It’s First Week.  This Marked Britney’s 5th Album To Reach Number 1, Making Her The Youngest Artist To Have Five Number 1 Albums On The Billboard 200.  With This Success Under Her Belt,  She Launched Arguably The Biggest Comeback Tour Of The 2000s, “The Circus Starring: Britney Spears”, In Just 97 Shows The Tour Grossed Over $131.8 Million.  In March Of 2009, Britney Released The 3rd Single From Her Record, “If U Seek Amy”, To Lukewarm Success.   The Track Peaked At #19 On The Billboard Hot 100 & #20 On The U.K. Singles Chart.  Although Not Being A Chart Success Like It’s Predecessor Singles, It Did Become A Fan Favourite.  The Fourth And Final Single Was Released In June Of 2009, “Radar”, Originally Released On 2007s “Blackout”, Was Met With Modest Success, But Remains As One Of Her Best Works.  The Single Peaked At #88 In The U.S. & #46 In The U.K.  To Add To The Excitement Of This Spectacular Era, Britney Released Her Second Greatest Hits Compilation, Titled “The Singles Collection”.  It Spawned One New Single, “3”, The Track Debuted And Peaked At #1 On The U.S. Billboard Hot 100, And #7 On The U.K Official Singles Chart.  “3” Has Sold 4.9 Million Copies To Date.   Overall, “Circus” Marked Brit’s Official Comeback As A Main Pop Girl, And Cemented Her Position As The Queen Of Pop, Yes I Said It, The Queen Of Pop.   Personally, This Era Is Among Her Best, But Not Her Best, It Lacked Togetherness.  There Were So Many Things That Could Have Been Done Different During This Era That Would Have Made It So Much Better.  (7.5/10) For Me Personally.

Moving On.....

Let’s Take A Look At The “Femme Fatale” Era:

”Femme Fatale” Era (2011) 

After The Success That Was The “Circus” Era, Britney Started Her Next LP Project.  “Femme Fatale” Started On January 11th, 2011.  The Albums Lead Single, “Hold It Against Me”,  A Thumping Dance Club Anthem That Was A Record Breaking Smash.  The Single Debuted And Peaked at #1 On The United States Billboard Hot 100, Selling 411,000 Copies In It’s First Week.  The Track Hit #6 In The U.K. And Was A Success In Many Other Territories. The Song Was A Global Smash, Marking Yet Another Triumph For Britney.  Following “Hold It Against Me”, Brit Released “Till The World Ends”.  Arguably The Biggest Hit From The “Femme Fatale” Era.  The Remix (Featuring Nicki Minaj & Kesha) Peaked At #3, And Stayed On The Charts For 24 Weeks.  After Seeing Massive Success With The Singles, Brit Released Her 7th Studio Album.  “Femme Fatale” Debuted At Number 1, Selling 275,000 Copies In It’s First Week.  Marking Britney’s 6th Number 1 Album On The Billboard 200.  Just Days After Her LP Reached Number 1, Brit Teamed Up With Pop Princess Rihanna (Fun Personal Fact: Rihanna Is My Favourite Artist Besides Britney) .  There Remix Of “S&M”, Peaked At #1 On The Billboard Hot 100, Marking Britney’s 5th Number 1 Single.  Her Second Number One Single Of 2011.  Her 3rd Top Ten Of The Year.  The Remix Has Sold 1.8 Million Copies To Date.  Following That, Britney Released Her 3rd Single From “Femme Fatale”, “I Wanna Go” Was Her Biggest Solo Radio Hit Ever.  “I Wanna Go” Peaked At #7 On The Billboard Hot 100.  Then Britney Started Her “Femme Fatale Tour”, Throughout 79 Shows, Which Grossed Over $68 Million, The Fourth And Final Single, Was “Criminal”.  The Song Received Small Success, Peaking At #55.  For Me, “Femme Fatale” Was Spectacular.  This Time Around, It Lacked Britney Herself.  She Clearly Was Not Happy During This Time, But She Did Serve Looks.  I Always Loved Her Looks From The Videos, She Looked Great.  (8/10) For Me Personally. 

What Do You Think? Which Era Was Better? Sound Off! 

All of Britney's eras post 2004 for me are messed up due to the conservatorship. But I   have to admit, like most Britney fans, I    was so eager to see/hear her, 22 year old me ate that **** right up. 

All that being said.... The 'Circus' era buries 'Femme Fatale'. It's funny because I  think I  prefer the 'Femme Fatale' album over 'Circus' as a whole, but for me the Tours are really what set these eras apart. 'The Circus: Starring Britney Spears' was literally some of her best work. I  LOVED the 3 ring stage, the costumes were gorgeous, and Britney looked like she was genuinely having fun. I    loved the performance of 'Piece of Me' in the cage, and 'Get Naked' especially.... great performances. 'The Femme Fatale Tour' just didn't sizzle for me the same way. It was fun to see her again, but the show was the exact opposite of 'Circus'. It seemed so basic, and Britney just seemed like she was walking through the motion, but couldn't be bothered. That's not to say she wasn't gorgeous,  and I   didn't love the show... because I  had a BLAST... I    just think the 'Circus' Tour was more epic. 

For me, neither of these eras is peak Britney. Both eras were overshadowed by the constant comparisons to 'Old Britney', Frankly it was obnoxious. In 2016, Brit gave us one of her BEST albums, and a re-vamped 'Piece of Me' show that packed energy and sass. We slept on it. looks like we just love the drama 😂

I think both of these albums have some gems in it, but for myself, these 2 albums are towards my least favorites of her discography. If I had to choose one over the other, it would definitely be CIRCUS. I think the whole era in itself was better than Femme Fatale, from the release of the singles, to the promotion, to the tour performances. 

Circus.

FF is a good era especialy for GP (MVs, promo, etc), but Britney was not feelin it. I dont get it... what they did to her during just one year (2010) - and obviously its not “natural aging”. That was basicaly medication. That was sad to watch.

but i can see a big comeback after the cship ends and awesome documentary reveals her life during cship and preparing b10 :clap: