Do You Prefer The “Circus” Era or the “Femme Fatale” Era?

“Circus” Era or “Femme Fatale” Era?   

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which Was A Better Era “Circus” or “Femme Fatale”?

• “Circus” Era
    • “Femme Fatale” Era

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2020 at 08:51 PM

13 hours ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

Personally,  I Love Both.  “Circus” & “Femme Fatale” Are In My Holy Trinity Britney Albums (The Other Album Is “In The Zone”).   The Era’s Are Equally As Dashing, Both Had Their Up’s and Down’s, But Overall, Were Flawless.   

We Start With The “Circus” Era: 

“Circus” Era (2008 - 2009) 

“Circus” Opened Up It’s Era With “Womanizer”, A Rhythmic Pop Song That Was An Overall Smash.  Jumping From #96 To #1 In A Single Week, “Womanizer” Became Britney’s 2nd #1 In The U.S.  In The U.K., It Peaked At #3.  It Was A Worldwide Hit,  Selling Over 12 Million Copies To Date.  It Was Nominated For A Grammy For “Best Dance Recording”.  “Womanizer” Was A Legendary Comeback For The Queen.  Following That, Brit Released The Album’s Title Track, “Circus” As It’s Second Single.  This Marked An Other Success For Britney,  Debuting And Peaking At #3, It Marked Her 7th Top 10 Hit In The United States.  Following This Huge Success, She Released Her Highly Anticipated Album, “Circus”,  It Debuted At #1 In The U.S., Selling 505,000 Copies In It’s First Week.  This Marked Britney’s 5th Album To Reach Number 1, Making Her The Youngest Artist To Have Five Number 1 Albums On The Billboard 200.  With This Success Under Her Belt,  She Launched Arguably The Biggest Comeback Tour Of The 2000s, “The Circus Starring: Britney Spears”, In Just 97 Shows The Tour Grossed Over $131.8 Million.  In March Of 2009, Britney Released The 3rd Single From Her Record, “If U Seek Amy”, To Lukewarm Success.   The Track Peaked At #19 On The Billboard Hot 100 & #20 On The U.K. Singles Chart.  Although Not Being A Chart Success Like It’s Predecessor Singles, It Did Become A Fan Favourite.  The Fourth And Final Single Was Released In June Of 2009, “Radar”, Originally Released On 2007s “Blackout”, Was Met With Modest Success, But Remains As One Of Her Best Works.  The Single Peaked At #88 In The U.S. & #46 In The U.K.  To Add To The Excitement Of This Spectacular Era, Britney Released Her Second Greatest Hits Compilation, Titled “The Singles Collection”.  It Spawned One New Single, “3”, The Track Debuted And Peaked At #1 On The U.S. Billboard Hot 100, And #7 On The U.K Official Singles Chart.  “3” Has Sold 4.9 Million Copies To Date.   Overall, “Circus” Marked Brit’s Official Comeback As A Main Pop Girl, And Cemented Her Position As The Queen Of Pop, Yes I Said It, The Queen Of Pop.   Personally, This Era Is Among Her Best, But Not Her Best, It Lacked Togetherness.  There Were So Many Things That Could Have Been Done Different During This Era That Would Have Made It So Much Better.  (7.5/10) For Me Personally.

Moving On.....

Let’s Take A Look At The “Femme Fatale” Era:

”Femme Fatale” Era (2011) 

After The Success That Was The “Circus” Era, Britney Started Her Next LP Project.  “Femme Fatale” Started On January 11th, 2011.  The Albums Lead Single, “Hold It Against Me”,  A Thumping Dance Club Anthem That Was A Record Breaking Smash.  The Single Debuted And Peaked at #1 On The United States Billboard Hot 100, Selling 411,000 Copies In It’s First Week.  The Track Hit #6 In The U.K. And Was A Success In Many Other Territories. The Song Was A Global Smash, Marking Yet Another Triumph For Britney.  Following “Hold It Against Me”, Brit Released “Till The World Ends”.  Arguably The Biggest Hit From The “Femme Fatale” Era.  The Remix (Featuring Nicki Minaj & Kesha) Peaked At #3, And Stayed On The Charts For 24 Weeks.  After Seeing Massive Success With The Singles, Brit Released Her 7th Studio Album.  “Femme Fatale” Debuted At Number 1, Selling 275,000 Copies In It’s First Week.  Marking Britney’s 6th Number 1 Album On The Billboard 200.  Just Days After Her LP Reached Number 1, Brit Teamed Up With Pop Princess Rihanna (Fun Personal Fact: Rihanna Is My Favourite Artist Besides Britney) .  There Remix Of “S&M”, Peaked At #1 On The Billboard Hot 100, Marking Britney’s 5th Number 1 Single.  Her Second Number One Single Of 2011.  Her 3rd Top Ten Of The Year.  The Remix Has Sold 1.8 Million Copies To Date.  Following That, Britney Released Her 3rd Single From “Femme Fatale”, “I Wanna Go” Was Her Biggest Solo Radio Hit Ever.  “I Wanna Go” Peaked At #7 On The Billboard Hot 100.  Then Britney Started Her “Femme Fatale Tour”, Throughout 79 Shows, Which Grossed Over $68 Million, The Fourth And Final Single, Was “Criminal”.  The Song Received Small Success, Peaking At #55.  For Me, “Femme Fatale” Was Spectacular.  This Time Around, It Lacked Britney Herself.  She Clearly Was Not Happy During This Time, But She Did Serve Looks.  I Always Loved Her Looks From The Videos, She Looked Great.  (8/10) For Me Personally. 
What Do You Think? Which Era Was Better? Sound Off! 

i think femme Fatale was Circus on Xanax .. everything louder,faster & flashier .. both have their appeal 

Both eras are nostolgic to me. I really became a die hard stan during ff because of the album and I lived for the photoshoot. BUT, the circus era was everything and more. Genius singles (and tbh I love Radar lol), but FF had amazing singles and MV as well. I feel like Circus brings back such a bittersweet nostolgic time and the album to me, is unappreciated. FF had the best bonus tracks she’s ever had, and was such a cohesive album and it’s in MY holy trinity just for that reason alone. But, Circus tour to me can’t be beat. It was her moment to shine again and the concept fit well, did Blackout justice with a circus theme to just combine both eras in one in a great way. she SERVED big time during this era and on top of it all, FTR, an amazing documentary that gave the saddest, yet touching moments. Also, funny classic Britney. You could see the sparkle in her eye again, which is why to me, Circus Era 100%.  You could tell she was happy to be doing what she loved the most, and knew she has the most amazing fans. FF she was out of it and you could 100% tell she did not want to be there.

6 hours ago, Slayoutney said:

Circus era >>>>>>>

Also Criminal song is mega hit in Turkey :tiffanynod: Almost everyone's phone ring was Criminal. :whatitellu:

God! :tifflmao: I remember. I think it’s because the song surprisingly resonates with the traditional melodies and lyrical concepts of Turkish ballads :donewithit: There are even Turkish translated covers of the song on Youtube. 

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, Winter _90 said:

neither should have existed under a guardianship.

Well the Circus Tour had to happen because she was contractually obligated to tour with Blackout but didn't for obvious reasons.  So she had to tour for Circus (or be sued to oblivion)

I think the Circus era alone was a great comeback and her only comeback (arguably until Glory, which is tainted because of aspects of conservatorship); especially following all of her tribulations.

As I've said, she should have taken control of her career from an ARTISTIC STANDPOINT, after In The Zone to help prevent 2006-early 2008, but because she didn't, Circus was a great comeback and ventures like Vegas were a great move because of how fickle the music industry is.  So yes, I would like to see her come back to Vegas as a refreshed (and healed) performer, artist and human being.

• Love 1

I love the detail you put into your writing 😍 Really a a beautiful way to look into Britney’s legacy of that time. Personally, both albums offer something so different. To this day, Femme Fatale is the album I’ll always work out to. But Circus has such special memories of my youth. I love the memories of the Circus era, but slightly value Femme Fatale as an album more. I still vote Circus.

18 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Well the Circus Tour had to happen because she was contractually obligated to tour with Blackout but didn't for obvious reasons.  So she had to tour for Circus (or be sued to oblivion)

Who did she make a contract with that she had to tour for Blackout? Her label?

On 5/31/2020 at 9:36 PM, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

Personally,  I Love Both.  “Circus” & “Femme Fatale” Are In My Holy Trinity Britney Albums (The Other Album Is “In The Zone”).   The Era’s Are Equally As Dashing, Both Had Their Up’s and Down’s, But Overall, Were Flawless. cf.png.7ab35143dd74af81f42a8af500d45b76.png

We Start With The “Circus” Era: 

“Circus” Era (2008 - 2009) 

“Circus” Opened Up It’s Era With “Womanizer”, A Rhythmic Pop Song That Was An Overall Smash.  Jumping From #96 To #1 In A Single Week, “Womanizer” Became Britney’s 2nd #1 In The U.S.  In The U.K., It Peaked At #3.  It Was A Worldwide Hit,  Selling Over 12 Million Copies To Date.  It Was Nominated For A Grammy For “Best Dance Recording”.  “Womanizer” Was A Legendary Comeback For The Queen.  Following That, Brit Released The Album’s Title Track, “Circus” As It’s Second Single.  This Marked An Other Success For Britney,  Debuting And Peaking At #3, It Marked Her 7th Top 10 Hit In The United States.  Following This Huge Success, She Released Her Highly Anticipated Album, “Circus”,  It Debuted At #1 In The U.S., Selling 505,000 Copies In It’s First Week.  This Marked Britney’s 5th Album To Reach Number 1, Making Her The Youngest Artist To Have Five Number 1 Albums On The Billboard 200.  With This Success Under Her Belt,  She Launched Arguably The Biggest Comeback Tour Of The 2000s, “The Circus Starring: Britney Spears”, In Just 97 Shows The Tour Grossed Over $131.8 Million.  In March Of 2009, Britney Released The 3rd Single From Her Record, “If U Seek Amy”, To Lukewarm Success.   The Track Peaked At #19 On The Billboard Hot 100 & #20 On The U.K. Singles Chart.  Although Not Being A Chart Success Like It’s Predecessor Singles, It Did Become A Fan Favourite.  The Fourth And Final Single Was Released In June Of 2009, “Radar”, Originally Released On 2007s “Blackout”, Was Met With Modest Success, But Remains As One Of Her Best Works.  The Single Peaked At #88 In The U.S. & #46 In The U.K.  To Add To The Excitement Of This Spectacular Era, Britney Released Her Second Greatest Hits Compilation, Titled “The Singles Collection”.  It Spawned One New Single, “3”, The Track Debuted And Peaked At #1 On The U.S. Billboard Hot 100, And #7 On The U.K Official Singles Chart.  “3” Has Sold 4.9 Million Copies To Date.   Overall, “Circus” Marked Brit’s Official Comeback As A Main Pop Girl, And Cemented Her Position As The Queen Of Pop, Yes I Said It, The Queen Of Pop.   Personally, This Era Is Among Her Best, But Not Her Best, It Lacked Togetherness.  There Were So Many Things That Could Have Been Done Different During This Era That Would Have Made It So Much Better.  (7.5/10) For Me Personally.

Moving On.....

Let’s Take A Look At The “Femme Fatale” Era:

”Femme Fatale” Era (2011) 

After The Success That Was The “Circus” Era, Britney Started Her Next LP Project.  “Femme Fatale” Started On January 11th, 2011.  The Albums Lead Single, “Hold It Against Me”,  A Thumping Dance Club Anthem That Was A Record Breaking Smash.  The Single Debuted And Peaked at #1 On The United States Billboard Hot 100, Selling 411,000 Copies In It’s First Week.  The Track Hit #6 In The U.K. And Was A Success In Many Other Territories. The Song Was A Global Smash, Marking Yet Another Triumph For Britney.  Following “Hold It Against Me”, Brit Released “Till The World Ends”.  Arguably The Biggest Hit From The “Femme Fatale” Era.  The Remix (Featuring Nicki Minaj & Kesha) Peaked At #3, And Stayed On The Charts For 24 Weeks.  After Seeing Massive Success With The Singles, Brit Released Her 7th Studio Album.  “Femme Fatale” Debuted At Number 1, Selling 275,000 Copies In It’s First Week.  Marking Britney’s 6th Number 1 Album On The Billboard 200.  Just Days After Her LP Reached Number 1, Brit Teamed Up With Pop Princess Rihanna (Fun Personal Fact: Rihanna Is My Favourite Artist Besides Britney) .  There Remix Of “S&M”, Peaked At #1 On The Billboard Hot 100, Marking Britney’s 5th Number 1 Single.  Her Second Number One Single Of 2011.  Her 3rd Top Ten Of The Year.  The Remix Has Sold 1.8 Million Copies To Date.  Following That, Britney Released Her 3rd Single From “Femme Fatale”, “I Wanna Go” Was Her Biggest Solo Radio Hit Ever.  “I Wanna Go” Peaked At #7 On The Billboard Hot 100.  Then Britney Started Her “Femme Fatale Tour”, Throughout 79 Shows, Which Grossed Over $68 Million, The Fourth And Final Single, Was “Criminal”.  The Song Received Small Success, Peaking At #55.  For Me, “Femme Fatale” Was Spectacular.  This Time Around, It Lacked Britney Herself.  She Clearly Was Not Happy During This Time, But She Did Serve Looks.  I Always Loved Her Looks From The Videos, She Looked Great.  (8/10) For Me Personally. 

What Do You Think? Which Era Was Better? Sound Off! 

featured!

power rangers nickelodeon GIF by HULU

Also re-opened the poll

It’s a tough one but the “Circus” era wins it for me as I have more favourite songs on the album, it was the first time I went to see a Britney show and she made a triumphant return after such a dark phase in her life. 

The Femme Fatale era included sone of Britney’s worst stage performances, she looked heavily medicated and out of shape for the most part. Having said that the music videos were good, and of course the album itself. 

4 hours ago, Rob_ said:

I love the detail you put into your writing 😍 Really a a beautiful way to look into Britney’s legacy of that time. Personally, both albums offer something so different. To this day, Femme Fatale is the album I’ll always work out to. But Circus has such special memories of my youth. I love the memories of the Circus era, but slightly value Femme Fatale as an album more. I still vote Circus.

Thank You!  I Love Writing, I Am Very Passionate About It. 😊

• Love 1

FEMME FATALE: 3 Best album for me, specials on MTV / TV, promotion, I was in the front row at her concert here in Bogotá, album production, includes for the first time Latin America in her tour, hits and #1 in hot100 with HIAM, iconic songs for people not a fan like TTWE, videos...

If much of that was done by Circus, it could win for the body of that era, Joseph Khan and Francis Lawrence videos and that tour included many Blackout songs.

CIRCUS AND FEMME FATALE :)