Tips to get Mood Ring on the Billboard Hot 100!

2 hours ago, MSTAR said:

They laugh because she sings in French not badly, but as she is not used to talk French, the accent is a little difficult, for many French people they don't understand what she says, it's mainly because her accent is different and her native language is english so everyone have to understand that and that's normal! I can't understand how the journalist on the TV news said that her song in French is a little failed. I mean, even her don't know how to speak English properly and no one laughed at her, why would she talk like that? I don't say that because I defend Britney, but mainly because everyone have to respect each other, and I find Britney's accent beautiful in all cases.

People bullies everyone for such stupid things. Madonna sang in Portuguese in her last album and the accent was a bit strong, so people laughed at her, but in my opinion I felt flattered by her tribute to our culture, and thought it was good, though it sounded more a bit like the Portugal accent. Kelly Clarkson did a great job with Dare To Love, just to mention. Change your Mind (No seas cortes) was really good. I believe latin american fans loved it and she definitely could include more tracks with some parts sang in other languages in the next works.

• Love 2
Just now, PablitoXS said:

Radar already have two chances, was the first bonus track to be released as a single due to contract clauses. Britney made the worst video of her carreer with it, though we have good performances at Circus Tour. I love radar, but there are other tracks that deserve justice more than it. 

The worst?? :disbelief:

To be honnest, I have seen worse than Radar from Britney. But still, I think the Radar of Blackout wasn't "that" chance.

7 minutes ago, PablitoXS said:

People bullies everyone for such stupid things. Madonna sang in Portuguese in her last album and the accent was a bit strong, so people laughed at her, but in my opinion I felt flattered by her tribute to our culture, and thought it was good, though it sounded more a bit like the Portugal accent. Kelly Clarkson did a great job with Dare To Love, just to mention. Change your Mind (No seas cortes) was really good. I believe latin american fans loved it and she definitely could include more tracks with some parts sang in other languages in the next works.

Exactly! People will never be satisfacted by something.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Andrew Fatale said:

you are welcome by the way the song dropped to no 3

It's expected to drop because of the lack of promotion, she could release a lyric video, a tik tok video, or something like that. I understand that it's not the moment to do great things but I wouldn't stay stopped if I were on her shoes, it's something really rare what is happening and she could use this opportunity (if she wanted to, let's respect that).

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
10 minutes ago, PablitoXS said:

It's expected to drop because of the lack of promotion, she could release a lyric video, a tik tok video, or something like that. I understand that it's not the moment to do great things but I wouldn't stay stopped if I were on her shoes, it's something really rare what is happening and she could use this opportunity (if she wanted to, let's respect that).

tbh im glad she isn't tho 

like everyone else is posting about whats going on or protesting and then she just ignores it and posts things about mr

that doesnt look or feel good tbh

2 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

tbh im glad she isn't tho 

like everyone else is posting about whats going on or protesting and then she just ignores it and posts things about mr

that doesnt look or feel good tbh

It's true. I wish justice for  Mood Ring trended in another time, I'm listening to it but the whole situation can't let me feel happy.

2 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

ik

it was just bad timing 

When do you think the protests are going to end? Do you think if they change the way the cop was accused (not intentional ****** for intentional) will it stop? I guess people are going to protest against T**** too and that is making the protest even bigger. I don't know. The information we have here is not always reliable.

• Content Curators
Just now, PablitoXS said:

When do you think the protests are going to end? Do you think if they change the way the cop was accused (not intentional ****** for intentional) will it stop? I guess people are going to protest against T**** too and that is making the protest even bigger. I don't know. The information we have here is not always reliable.

u see the george floyd death (rip) was just the tip of the iceberg there has been so many deaths due to racism and police brutality from the cops since the beginning of when african americans came here (actually forced to come here) and i think they have had enough. its the racism in america that's causing all of this

to be honest i really dont know when this is all going to blow over but i hope it sends a clear message to the deluded man in charge of the us currently 

45 minutes ago, PablitoXS said:

Change your Mind (No seas cortes) was really good. I believe latin american fans loved it and she definitely could include more tracks with some parts sang in other languages in the next works.

as a Latin person, I did find CYM kind of funny at first, because in the first place, "No seas cortés" is a phrase that you will never hear, like ever, at least not in this romantic context (or any other tbh lol).

But I don't think it's comparable to Coupure Électrique, because CYM only says a phrase and that spoken bridge that isn't even Britney (and that also sounds funny, because no one would ever say that) and CE is the entire song in a different language. 

Now, I don't speak French, but even I noticed her French accent wasn't very good, especially after I read the lyrics, but it sounds good to me anyway, I guess because it's not my language. 

And about Madonna, isn't that because she actually lived or lives in Portugal? 

1 minute ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

u see the george floyd death (rip) was just the tip of the iceberg there has been so many deaths due to racism and police brutality from the cops since the beginning of when african americans came here (actually forced to come here) and i think they have had enough. its the racism in america that's causing all of this

to be honest i really dont know when this is all going to blow over but i hope it sends a clear message to the deluded man in charge of the us currently 

I've unfortunetaly watched the police brutality and got schocked, I tought that use to happen only in my country. I hope that situation make a change on it. I've heard two other guys were dead in the protests by the police. In our country we don't like the police either, sometimes we think they choose the worst people to work there. Brazillian police is known as the most lethal police of the world. This week they killed a 14 year old boy in the favela, people started to protest, but as they're not breaking or burning anything I guess nothing will change. It's not that I approve violence, it's just because peaceful protests never changed anything here.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

as a Latin person, I did find CYM kind of funny at first, because in the first place, "No seas cortés" is a phrase that you will never hear, like ever, at least not in this romantic context (or any other tbh lol).

But I don't think it's comparable to Coupure Électrique, because CYM only says a phrase and that spoken bridge that isn't even Britney (and that also sounds funny, because no one would ever say that) and CE is the entire song in a different language. 

Now, I don't speak French, but even I noticed her French accent wasn't very good, especially after I read the lyrics, but it sounds good to me anyway, I guess because it's not my language. 

Probably, but I was expecting something more brazilianish because she called Anitta to sing along with her. Anyway, I'm happy with everything, not my type to complain...

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

We rarily use the word "cortês" in Portuguese too, but I understood that she wanted the guy to be wild, slap her on her behind, stuff like that. Don't you think the same?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, PablitoXS said:

We rarily use the word "cortês" in Portuguese too, but I understood that she wanted the guy to be wild, slap her on her behind, stuff like that. Don't you think the same?

Yeah, I mean, we totally get the message, it's just weird the way it's said. 

For example, there is this song by Playa Limbo, "Piérdeme el Respeto" which is basically the same idea, but she's asking for the opposite: instead of asking "don't be polite" she says "be disrespectful to me" and at least in Mexico that sounds more natural. But I mean, for not being native speakers they did a great job I think.

I just think that if she ever went to record a full song in Spanish or any other language, she should work with a songwriter and a producer that are already recognized in such language, that really give her a song that, if it's in Spanish, any other Spanish speaker artist could sing it too and sound natural. 

Probably you know Laura Pausini, she's Italian but she's much more known by the Spanish versions of her songs. And they do sound weird most of the times, even the title of her songs are usually kind of funny, but somehow she's managed to make that her style and it works for her. Christina Aguilera's Spanish album, I think was very well done, and even though her accent was still recognizable in some parts, the songs that were translated from English were very well adapted and the new songs she got were very well done too, some of them being covers though. 

Actually, Christina did such a great job, and even had this Latin sounding name, that we were surprised when she came to Mexico and we found out she didn't actually speak Spanish. So I think Britney could work on the pronunciation too, even if it's just for the songs, but she needs to work with native speakers that help her with that, to get the right pronunciation, the right tone, because even that changes between languages too.