Exhale's Rules and warning points system

• Super Mods
3 minutes ago, deadcrocodiletears said:

hhhhh you aren't mean at all. i was being shady before realizing it's actually better to just make peace with everyone while i can. assuming we have one life to live, i don't want to waste mine being this angry person anymore. I've matured a lot in the last couple of months. I know my ground, but i also know how to not be so hostile when articulting my thoughts and opinions.

I think in many ways, love it or hate it, that's my silver lining. I would however like to change my name back to Rik @JordanMiller hhh

:crying4:

Aw Rik that’s why we love and adore you! I don’t mind getting called out so because after a smoking a few bowls...ya know...I start to not make sense :teigen:

Maybe because I know you better and know your inner struggles so you were never harmful even when you were toxic as we all get you aren’t coming at us with malicious intent but lately we’ve been having some problematic people that seem to want to shoot fire at anyone. So glad you’re back! It’s your circus era! 

btw how’s the music going? 

• Love 2

Pffftt good luck with that... I mean I love the intention, and Jordan, you truly do what you preach, you're respectful 24/7, but here people fight teeth and nail for their faves like it were a matter of life and death, so when it comes to really important matters this is already at boiling point. There's a reason this was/is called Exhell.
I actually thought about not coming for a few days because I browsed a few pages and oh my... I can see it starting to get vicious. "Cancel culture" was already getting out of hand if you ask me. It's not fun anymore. There's so many things we can do in our EVERYDAY LIVES to help others... Stop thinking that real life is on Twitter because it isn't, that's just a facade. I mean if I speak I can get trashed, if I don't I'm apparently part of the problem. What? So what do I have to do? Say exactly what the others want to hear? And what is that? No one knows, because anything anybody says about whatever topic can be argued one way or another... But that's not the point. The point is SHARING your thoughts, and being nice and fun and creative while doing so, not making the other person change their ways because that's too personal and takes time and more than one online post.
According to one famous philosopher... "Kill 'em with kindness."

• Love 5
  • Leader
40 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Pffftt good luck with that... I mean I love the intention, and Jordan, you truly do what you preach, you're respectful 24/7, but here people fight teeth and nail for their faves like it were a matter of life and death, so when it comes to really important matters this is already at boiling point. There's a reason this was/is called Exhell.
I actually thought about not coming for a few days because I browsed a few pages and oh my... I can see it starting to get vicious. "Cancel culture" was already getting out of hand if you ask me. It's not fun anymore. There's so many things we can do in our EVERYDAY LIVES to help others... Stop thinking that real life is on Twitter because it isn't, that's just a facade. I mean if I speak I can get trashed, if I don't I'm apparently part of the problem. What? So what do I have to do? Say exactly what the others want to hear? And what is that? No one knows, because anything anybody says about whatever topic can be argued one way or another... But that's not the point. The point is SHARING your thoughts, and being nice and fun and creative while doing so, not making the other person change their ways because that's too personal and takes time and more than one online post.
According to one famous philosopher... "Kill 'em with kindness."

I can lead by example, and hopefully that inspires others to follow suit. I don't agree that people still call this place "Exhell." In the past, yes, because I was so distracted with writing break news stories on the homepage I let this place go. But this is my main focus and has been for months. It's been going amazingly other than this weekend. But you know what? Just like all things in life, there are ups and downs. Exhale will have some lows because we're people, and we're all dealing with a global pandemic and now racism. It brings out the darker sides of people, but I feel confident that most everyone here is good, and that the tensions will subside in the coming days. That's my goal and what I will work towards anyhow. 

Always love having you here @bitbitboi!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I can lead by example, and hopefully that inspires others to follow suit. I don't agree that people still call this place "Exhell." In the past, yes, because I was so distracted with writing break news stories on the homepage I let this place go. But this is my main focus and has been for months. It's been going amazingly other than this weekend. But you know what? Just like all things in life, there are ups and downs. Exhale will have some lows because we're people, and we're all dealing with a global pandemic and now racism. It brings out the darker sides of people, but I feel confident that most everyone here is good, and that the tensions will subside in the coming days. That's my goal and what I will work towards anyhow. 

Always love having you here @bitbitboi!

You are so sweet, thank you. And I can see the hard work.
omg we're like Britney, up and down emotions, all these mooooooood swiiiiinnnnnggs... :tiffanycries::lizzie::beat::deserves::nyheadache::haha:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

I got that vibe initially but when the other person also liked it I started to think maybe it’d more than a light hearted joke...glad you meant no harm because I never remembered having a problem with you...or at least not to my knowledge. Roxy teases me all the time so it’s all fun :quirkney:

I'm sorry I made you think it was more than a light hearted joke for liking the comment. From your posts here you seem like you joke around and I thought it was just a harmless sassy remark. I think it's funny when we can take the p.iss out of each other, ONLY in a joking way of course to not offend. I swear I think you are awesome! If it offends you, I will stop. Sorry I'm cancelled :clownery:

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
20 minutes ago, deadcrocodiletears said:

i do appreciate you saying that. i really do actually, more than you'll ever know. you're also making sense so don't worry.

I am sober as of right now, but not for long I am sure as i have fifteen grams coming in. I have struggled a fair bit, but I have also had some very positive revelations in consequence. such is life. I am not a victim, I am a survivor or at least that's something I am trying to instil in my brain. I know i'll never have the same platform i once did not that I really care, especially with a hideous looking name like 'deadcrocodiletears' or whatever emotion I was trying to convey (king @CrazyButItFeelsAllright's impact was unmatched even for the likes of me in the weeks following that thread) attaching me to that time in my life.

my fear I guess is that this wasn't  all that long ago so perhaps I'm being a bit premature, but I have to have hope for myself and all of humanity. I can't give up even if it's tempting to waste away. I know it's hard to believe, but the last thing  I wanted to do was hurt someone ... at least initially. Of course it turned into something else, and I do know why a lot of people were not huge fans of me at the time. I, along with many others  (whether I  personally like them or not) did get hurt though.  I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm 23 and at a point in my life where i want to really just see what the big fuss is about 'living your best life'. Perhaps i'll give it a try.

As for you, I really do hope all is well. Wishing you safety and health!

You truly are a Britney stan to say you rather be a survivor than looked at as a victim :makeitrain:

I think you opening up about your struggles is a brave thing and honestly we all are going through it, heck I’m 31...32 in two weeks ehhh :teigen:
yet I’m still struggling although this pandemic has helped me “cleanse” myself. I feel we’re like a caterpillar in this cocoon developing into a butterfly :quirkney:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
5 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

I'm sorry I made you think it was more than a light hearted joke for liking the comment. From your posts here you seem like you joke around and I thought it was just a harmless sassy remark. I think it's funny when we can take the p.iss out of each other, ONLY in a joking way of course to not offend. I swear I think you are awesome! If it offends you, I will stop. Sorry I'm cancelled :clownery:

No! It’s not you! :hugs:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

Ok BB thanks, I was really worried cuz you're one of the best on here! :hugs:

Lol never would I have thought I get so much attention. I mean the highlight of my time on exhale was Lilith bringing up a decade old feud into a new argument with me...I gotta say girl has a hecka good memory and for me to remain in her demented little mind is such an honor :quirkney:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, deadcrocodiletears said:

i miss that queen ugh  :yesplease: and when i was compared to her by so many ppl ugh... i just loved that  like omg:lolnoworries:

LOL I don’t.  I can handle your crazy....hers is on another level :quirkney:

• Love 3
8 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

It seems like rules won’t help. Kindness and differing opinions can’t seem to coexist.  Exhell lives. I feel like an idiot for liking it here again and more stupid for bothering to contribute

:girlbye:

You can control your kindness and differing opinions towards others though. Not saying you're not, but in general

Jordan, I 100% appreciate everything you do. I can't imagine running this site is anywhere near easy, so kudos to you.

But preaching positivity isn't going to change anything. Leading by example is very admirable, but there are actual problems on this site that need to be addressed and handled. 

Posting here has lost it's appeal. I used to love interacting with other Britney and pop music fans. It was carefree and fun. Now it just feels gross posting here. I know a lot of Exhalers no longer feel safe or good about actually taking part in the discussions - myself included. It feels very divided - whether we're talking about politics or who has an issue with a mod or even who our faves are. It's quite literally a war zone out there and it doesn't have to be. 

Again, all the work you've done on Exhale, this year especially, is incredible. But it still needs more done to it.

• Love 3
  • Leader
3 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

Jordan, I 100% appreciate everything you do. I can't imagine running this site is anywhere near easy, so kudos to you.

But preaching positivity isn't going to change anything. Leading by example is very admirable, but there are actual problems on this site that need to be addressed and handled. 

Posting here has lost it's appeal. I used to love interacting with other Britney and pop music fans. It was carefree and fun. Now it just feels gross posting here. I know a lot of Exhalers no longer feel safe or good about actually taking part in the discussions - myself included. It feels very divided - whether we're talking about politics or who has an issue with a mod or even who our faves are. It's quite literally a war zone out there and it doesn't have to be. 

Again, all the work you've done on Exhale, this year especially, is incredible. But it still needs more done to it.

I feel you 💯 

I tend to think members look back on Exhale with rose-colored glasses. Things were far worse in years' past. That's an understatement, too heh. Literally fights CONSTANTLY and instead of stepping in and leading, I looked the other way. Not making that same mistake twice.

In communities, especially ones about music and culture, there WILL be conflict. It's unavoidable. However, HOW we handle it is everything. 

I appreciate the kind words. It is tough running BreatheHeavy & Exhale. There's so much that goes on behind-the-scenes that's dizzying, but I keep it under wraps because I want this to be a great experience for you guys. 

It does feel divided because it is. The BEST way to unite members together is not by disappearing and not commenting/contributing, it's the complete opposite. If you want change and to see the atmosphere change for the better, then comment with positivity and kindness. The more that's done, the more the culture will change. 

If someone feels turned off by Exhale, my advice is to fight fire with water. Post kind things, and I guarantee you you will see change for the better. 🙏 💜 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

Not people fighting, dragging, and talking about drama in a thread about the forums rules! :orangu: That being said, I have a few questions about the forum in general.

1. Who are all the moderators now? I’m pretty sure they’re different from the ones when I joined in 2016... are all their handles listed somewhere?:nynod:
  2. I see some members (like the iconic @PokemonSpears and @Dark.Knight, to name a few) are marked in orange as Content Curators. Are they in a mod or admin role? :schoolingtime:
  3. Not that I’m going anywhere, but how is our personal data (like email addresses and IP addresses) stored securely and if we happen to delete/terminate our account here, how long is that information held onto before it’s deleted? :clicktina:

I know these are all unrelated to the rules of the forum, so feel free to respond here or in a private message! These just happened to be questions I’ve been meaning to ask but have been distracted by everything going on! :meltdown:

Thanks to all for making Exhale a great community to be in!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block