Tinashe to Lana Del Rey: "why the f--- are you posting people looting stores on your page literally WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM"

• Leader

Tensions continue to rise in the US amidst the Black Lives Matter protest, a response to the unjust killing of George Floyd by a police officer.

Protests are popping up in major cities, which are also inspiring people to loot.

Lana Del Rey shared some footage of the looting in LA, which fired up Tinashe. 

Tinashe is likely upset because it could potentially lead to the arrests of the people looting. 

Thoughts? Was Lana in the wrong? 

tinashe-lana.thumb.jpg.0961905e26c3f9c71199d44525e45aa4.jpg

tinashe.jpg.72dabf6e1e02006d64cfeae1867b92c6.jpg

Related: 

• Love 1

These people just piss other people off more. Don't get me wrong the issue is serious and deserves spot light, racism is never excusable, but when you block traffic, loot, destroy property you're not making yourselves or the movement look good. You punish people who had absolutely nothing to do with the killing. 

Even George Floyds family members said he would not be for this. 

It's sad as if 2020 wasn't bad enough you have people literally destroying their own towns smh

• Love 5
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

Ok, I'm not from the US so I may be uninformed but should people, who use the protests as an excuse to steal good and damage other people's livelihood, not be blamed? 

Its a very thin line. I speak for myself but it becomes a problem because people seem to be more outraged by the damage done to buildings than they are of people recklessly losing their lives for petty crimes and the color of their skin.

I don't condone looting if they are going to do it i personally wish the looting was more strategic like go after buildings that have meaning not just random places so you can steal stuff. 

But with that being said this is the first time ina long time if ever that people are actually paying attention. Peaceful protest only work if the opposite party is paying attention and peaceful protest generally get ignored OR they get told they are doing it wrong. Hence the Capernick situation.

I think people should look at the bigger picture. Yes looting is wrong but why are they so upset? People are angry and hurt and TIRED. Minority people and black people in general have spent their whole lives fighting against this and its exhausting because no one is listening. This has gotten peoples attention. 

This is all just my perspective not trying to be preachy just wanted to shed light and hopefully educate someone who doesn't fully understand :hugs:

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Lana didn’t even say anything in her post and she posted 2 other photos that weren’t of looting. It looks like she was just documenting things happening, not commenting on it. Being mad about that seems unwarranted. It’s not opinionated, it’s literally just things that are happening.

Im not black though, so it feels wrong for me to say that a woman of color being mad about it is unwarranted. 

• Content Curators

Why does everyone always come for Lana 

i like her even more when she dared to call out all those payola industry plants anyways 

but I didn’t see the video, was it closeups of Peoples faces? Like I’m pretty sure they are already being blasted on the news anyways

• Like 3

I don’t know if her intentions were to but these people on blast, but the looting redirects the message and can be confusing for those not participating in the riots. Everything else that’s destructive towards police, SHOULD HAPPEN!!!! African Americans are angry and deserve justice for Floyd 

I also thought it was pointless to loot and destroy property during a protest, but I watched this video from Trevor Noah and it completely changed my mind. Its lengthy at 18 mins long but this video is important, especially for those of us that are not African American. 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Tensions continue to rise in the US amidst the Black Lives Matter protest, a response to the unjust killing of George Floyd by a police officer.

Protests are popping up in major cities, which are also inspiring people to loot.

Lana Del Rey shared some footage of the looting in LA, which fired up Tinashe. 

Tinashe is likely upset because it could potentially lead to the arrests of the people looting. 

Thoughts? Was Lana in the wrong? 

tinashe-lana.thumb.jpg.0961905e26c3f9c71199d44525e45aa4.jpg

tinashe.jpg.72dabf6e1e02006d64cfeae1867b92c6.jpg

Related: 

It also redirects attention to something negative, sending out a negative message not something positive

I am an American citizen and feel that America needs to get it together. People are acting like savages. People cannot have an adult conversation anymore nor can they rationalize anything. I’m currently in Mexico (working on my dual citizenship) and watching America burn down in horror.

What I have observed is that America seems to have ADHD when it comes to issues: gun rights, human rights, immigration rights and people of color being ********. It seems like we focus on one issue for a period of time and then another comes up and we forget to “fix” the former. I feel thats why America is in its current shape.

I hope and pray that people find their humanity & stop arguing but come together ❤️

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Garrett said:

These people just piss other people off more. Don't get me wrong the issue is serious and deserves spot light, racism is never excusable, but when you block traffic, loot, destroy property you're not making yourselves or the movement look good. You punish people who had absolutely nothing to do with the killing. 

Even George Floyds family members said he would not be for this. 

It's sad as if 2020 wasn't bad enough you have people literally destroying their own towns smh

Well Garrett you obviously didn't watch the video I posted. It's one thing to down vote me if after you saw the video and completely disagree with everything Trevor Noah said, but you did it simply because I down voted you and your view. This just shows how close minded you are to hear from a black man the struggle that he and his people face everyday. You are part of the problem.

You need to step out of your comfort zone and ask yourself why is the looting and destruction of property outraging you more than the countless lives lost of black people? The mistreatment due to their skin color? Cops have been looting black lives for far too long. 

I think neither Lana nor Tinashe meant any harm. It's clear that Tinashe could've worded her reaction in a way that wasn't that aggresive but you have to be understanding, this is a very stressful situation and she is directly affected by this issue. What really matters is that Lana deleted the post and Tinashe thanked her for it, so it's all good! 

• Love 2

What's wrong with people lately? It seems like the new thing is to come at Lana.

I'm actually a stan of Tinasha since her early mixtapes, but this is so disappointing of her to attack Lana when she ain't doing nothing wrong. To the contrary, she's been fully active on the subject.

Some people need to chill the fûck out. 

• Love 1

I just lost a lot of respect for Tinasha. Looting in no way honours the memory of George Floyd. It tarnishes it.

These rioters and looters are flat out DUMB. I totally get their anger, but you don't win people to your cause by turning to crime for material gain. If these looters seriously gave a damn about George Floyd and ending racism, they wouldn't be giving AMMUNITION to racists. Racism will only end when dumb cops stop killing black people and dump black people [looters and rioters only] and their allies stop helping the racists by doing things that show them in a bad light. 

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block