Britney really should speak up.

35 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Why is it alarming? It's a genuine point. Britney has an immense platform that could help a lot of people. Her voice matters. That is exactly why resistance against the conservatorship exists, because it in-part silences her. 

It’s alarming because this paints Britney in a negative light (and it seems like some “fans” love to paint her in a negative light). I work in the legal field and it’s clear she cannot speak because of her cship (most likely). Also, many of the celebrities who are not people of color are only posting things to make themselves look better (ie Camila having a fan video record her at a march). I would love for Britney to say something, BUT, to make a post berating her for not saying anything is quite foul. We ALL know Britney is a supporter of all people of color, but this post insinuates that she is not because she hasn’t said anything. Furthermore, even if she did say something, most of this thread would have something to complain about and insinuate her team wrote it. She also didn’t say anything R. kelly even though she has a song with him, but we know for a fact she didn’t support what he’s accused of...she just couldn’t speak out because of her current circumstance. While Britney does have a major platform, it’s clear that her situation is unique in many ways. Others on this thread agree with me Jordan. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

The issue is too complex even for us, imagine for Britney who can barely be interviewed without following "a script" or giving vague answers

Taylor Swift is trying to be woke but herself is sometimes so separate from most people's reality that all she does is repeat every Democrat speech without really thinking/reflecting about it.

Yes... pop stars can voice their opinion but more often than not they do it out of ignorance or marketing strategy.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I would love if she leaned into this. She could help sooo many people with her story. She's a huge inspiration. Mental health still has a bit of stigma around it, and the only way to minimize that is by shining a light on it and having discussions.

I also see the other side – that she may think she's already given us too much of herself and she won't do that ever again. 

I Think she in the future when the moment comes, she just could do a conference tour like oprah because she could inspire so many people in many ways , but first she needs to define a life plan.

Cause She got a solid fan base, and i think she could plannified her retirement in a good way, giving more concerts, but not now, at least in 2022.

• Leader
19 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

This post insinuates that she is not because she hasn’t said anything.

I disagree. I don't think the OP or anyone in general believes Britney is not a supporter of black people. It's a matter of her using her platform to shine a light on the injustice that seems to be the point of contention. And the OP did it in a way that did not "berate" her, like you mentioned. Just my two cents. Some times tough topics come up in the world of Britney. It doesn't mean we shy away from discussing them, it means we do it respectfully. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I disagree. I don't think the OP or anyone in general believes Britney is not a supporter of black people. It's a matter of her using her platform to shine a light on the injustice that seems to be the point of contention. And the OP did it in a way that did not "berate" her, like you mentioned. Just my two cents. Some times tough topics come up in the world of Britney. It doesn't mean we shy away from discussing them, it means we do it respectfully. 

You completely disregarded the fact that legally in a cship she cannot speak out (most likely). Respectfully, go ahead and run with the narrative you’re pushing. It gets you clicks on your site. Got it.

• Like 1
  • Leader
7 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

You completely disregarded the fact that legally in a cship she cannot speak out (allegedly). But, go ahead and run with the narrative you’re pushing. It gets you clicks on your site. Got it.

Neither one of us know whether or not she can or can't speak on certain things. There's a lack of transparency regarding her entire career and persona, especially when it comes to the conservatorship. I'm not saying she's free to speak, nor do I know if she is completely barred from speaking, however we have seen her post about COVID, feeling insecure and other things on Instagram - which exercises her right to speak, right? Whether or not that was her or someone from her team is up in the air. 

Also, I don't appreciate you pulling out the I'm doing this for clicks card as a means to attack me. You're free to keep doing so, but like I mentioned in other posts, I would rather have less traffic and money and do what's "right" in Exhale (which also includes me thoughtfully speaking my mind) than earn a couple extra bucks. I show you nothing but respect when responding to you and I would like for you to do the same please. 

• Love 3
Just now, JordanMiller said:

Neither one of us know whether or not she can or can't speak on certain things. There's a lack of transparency regarding her entire career and persona, especially when it comes to the conservatorship. I'm not saying she's free to speak, nor do I know if she is completely barred from speaking, however we have seen her post about COVID, feeling insecure and other things on Instagram - which exercises her right to speak, right? Whether or not that was her or someone from her team is up in the air. 

Also, I don't appreciate you pulling out the I'm doing this for money card as a means to attack me. You're free to keep doing so, but like I mentioned in other posts, I would rather have less traffic and money and do what's "right" in Exhale (which also includes me thoughtfully speaking my mind) than earn a couple extra bucks. I show you nothing but respect when responding to you and I would like for you to do the same please. 

I never said gets you more money, Jordan. I said gets you more clicks. Do those automatically go hand in hand? If so, I didn’t know.

• Leader
2 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

I never said gets you more money, Jordan. I said gets you more clicks. Do those automatically go hand in hand? If so, I didn’t know.

I edited my post almost immediately to change it to clicks, but you must have quoted my post almost right after it went live. To be honest they're synonymous. Traffic is how a publisher earns money. I don't like being lumped into a group of people who do things just to obtain more of the mighty dollar. It hit a nerve so I apologize if I sounded harsh. 

• Like 1

Im sure she has things she would love to say and share with everyone  :makeitrain:  but it seems that Mama Lou  :jl:  has been quite effective at keeping her quiet. :yasqueen:  We all know they don’t want her saying anything messing with their investments & profits. They won’t allow her to speak her mind.  :clownery:   :clown:

• Love 1

We don't even know if she has access to her social media, Lou should post something about the situation tbh unless she wants Britney to get dragged :jlostare: So since her life is such a mistery I don't think people would expect anything from her at this point, yes it would be nice if she did, but if she doesn't still... who knows what's going on with her? I wouldn't be surprised if she didnt have any idea of what's going on, do they even let her watch the news? Sam posted sth so maybe he told her? I dont even know

Also people saying celebs shouldn't get political, BLM is more than a political situation :umwtf: it's not a Hillary vs Trump thing

Eh. I feel like unless she has something to add to the discourse, it isn't necessary. She's not politically active. I feel instead of celebrities posting about how they feel about the situation, it'd be more impactful to donate to various causes or use their massive platform to lobby lawmakers and put pressure on those who have the power to legislate change.

With that said, Britney isn't that kind of celebrity and never has been. Also, the idea of being militant on how people should be politically makes me a little uncomfortable. This mob mentality of saying YOU HAVE TO DO THIS OR FEEL MY WRATH will just create inauthentic support for the cause. Being a celebrity who is politically active creates a lot of backlash as well and is extremely polarizing. Not everyone is made for that kind of pure negativity and toxicity. I don't believe Britney would handle that well, which is probably why she sparsely gets involved. 

• Like 2

Wow this created waves... I made an edit in the OP. Idk how y’all think this is a political subject, it’s literally people dying in America and around the world. Some of y’all are acting like her speaking out against violence would be most controversial “Dixie Chick” like move. And as @JordanMiller and others have discussed, she doesn’t have to make a huge statement and can make it to her own beliefs, talking about mental health or just repost petitions and places to donate and resources. BLM doesn’t have to be talked about as people vs. a certain person/group, she can talk about it in a heart full way. She has always been known to send positivity with social media and I would like to see something positive

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

Wow this created waves... I made an edit in the OP. Idk how y’all think this is a political subject, it’s literally people dying in America and around the world. Some of y’all are acting like her speaking out against violence would be most controversial “Dixie Chick” like move. And as @JordanMiller and others have discussed, she doesn’t have to make a huge statement and can make it to her own beliefs, talking about mental health. 

In this climate, everything you do is political. I follow like 40 news outlets on facebook, including the weird alt right ones just to get different perspectives. Lady Gaga is currently getting dragged on there for speaking out about it, and we all know how those alt right trolls are like. Any celeb speaking out opens them up to criticism, and with Britney, I don't know if she can handle that. She's made like 2 or 3 posts in the past couple months about people posting mean stuff on her selfies. She's sensitive. Jumping into the political arena is a whole another issue. She should just donate to helping bail people out or something.

• Like 2
  • Leader
18 minutes ago, Dirk said:

hm no, she doesn't like people to feel pity for her, they already know her story and sympathize and feel sorry for her.
no need to make it a marketing thing like some artists do. like demi lovato and justin bieber.
if she does, she would be trapped forever in this, things are always harder with her.

she already gave us a glimpse that she's anxious and stuff.

Speaking about your mental health does not = people feeling pity for you. I think more often than not people respect the hell out of speaking out about it, not feeling pity. That is, if someone is comfortable and willing to do so. 

• Love 1
  • Leader
1 minute ago, Dirk said:

that's what I learned from her on For The Record.

To be honest, I think people tend to feel pity for someone who doesn't speak out about things now. There's been a major shift on how most people perceive mental health from For The Record in 2008 to now. I just don't see many downsides to her sharing her side of things. Being vulnerable is one of the most powerful emotions a person can exercise.