Protests are happening right outside The Zone

1 minute ago, Dark.Knight said:

if people randomly tried to vandalize my car in the middle of the street I'd be doing it too, it's self defense 

Nothing about this is random though. Their job is to protect and serve. They are supposed to be trained to handle high intense situations like this. Its literally what they get paid to do. Running over people who are exercising there right to protest is not self defense. I don't fully understand the looting but these little instances prove why people are so angry. Its a abuse of power and its at the expense of peoples lives. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
Just now, Busybee said:

Nothing about this is random though. Their job is to protect and serve. They are supposed to be trained to handle high intense situations like this. Its literally what they get paid to do. Running over people who are exercising there right to protest is not self defense. I don't fully understand the looting but these little instances prove why people are so angry. Its a abuse of power and its at the expense of peoples lives. 

Doesn't work like that, they're not meant to be rag dolls.

Right to protest doesn't mean vandalizing. Once they cross that line, other measures need to be taken. That's not abuse of power, that's them defending themselves against a group of people who are coming at them for no reason.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
6 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

Now driving your car at 1km an hour while people try to block you and intimidate you while throwing rocks at you is called "running over people"? The amount of mental gymnastics...

That’s attempted vehicular manslaughter. Are you seriously saying it was okay for that cop to ram his car into human beings? Granted the protesters shouldn’t have blocked the road, he needs to be charged. If you see nothing wrong with what this cop did, then you’re part of the problem 

• Love 1
  • Like 5
Just now, Dark.Knight said:

Right to protest doesn't mean vandalizing. Once they cross that line, other measures need to be taken. That's not abuse of power, that's them defending themselves against a group of people who are coming at them for no reason.

And black people aren't meant to be kill dummies. If they can't handle the intensity of objects being thrown at them how to they expect people to be calm in a situation where they are pointing a gun in their face. Or they are being held down to the point of not being able to breathe.

I completely understand what you are saying but that mentality goes both ways. They at least have the option to defend themselves the victims that have lost their life didn't have that luxury. 

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

if people randomly tried to vandalize my car in the middle of the street I'd be doing it too, it's self defense 

What the hell are you saying? BAN. Incredibly stupid.

the car is protected, the cops inside are fine because it’s an armored car

yes people are throwing trash,  aside from that they are protesting on their rights

The cop should have got back and find other way to go where they where supposed to go. 

idk violence x violence isn’t the answer. People were in a more dangerous position than the cops. They did not respect people. What is happening? 

• Love 1
  • Like 6
45 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

I fail to see how looting and trashing their own hometowns is beneficial to them or their movement at all in any way...? :mariahstare:

Sadly, with EVERY movement or community group, there's always extremists that take things way too far that only makes the overall community look bad. A lot of these small businesses (many which are black-owned as well) are struggling this year because of corona, and now they have to deal with this. It's so sad really.

26 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

it’s the anger of black people being killed and oppressed since the second they were dragged over here 

Are you seriously comparing today's people to slaves?  You really don't know what oppression really is if you are.  You're lucky you even have a voice online, a home, money, possibly a job.  It's really pathetic how people are acting like they oppressed.  You really don't know how well people have it here today, yet everyone feels so entitled.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
Just now, jennyj said:

Sadly, with EVERY movement or community group, there's always extremists that take things way too far that only makes the overall community look bad. A lot of these small businesses (many which are black-owned as well) are struggling this year because of corona, and now they have to deal with this. It's so sad really.

Are you seriously comparing today's people to slaves?  You really don't know what oppression really is if you are.  You're lucky you even have a voice online, a home, money, possibly a job.  It's really pathetic how people are acting like they oppressed.  You really don't know how well people have it here today, yet everyone feels so entitled.

Did I say they were the exact same as the slaves back in the day? After ALL of this and u still say that people aren’t being oppressed 
people are asking for EQUAL rights 

disgusting 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Busybee said:

And black people aren't meant to be kill dummies. If they can't handle the intensity of objects being thrown at them how to they expect people to be calm in a situation where they are pointing a gun in their face. Or they are being held down to the point of not being able to breathe.

I completely understand what you are saying but that mentality goes both ways. They at least have the option to defend themselves the victims that have lost their life didn't have that luxury. 

one thing has nothing to do with the other

If they were vandalizing the bad cop's car, I'd be all for it. But looting some random cops' car doesn't prove anything.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, One More Time said:

What the hell are you saying? BAN. Incredibly stupid.

the car is protected, the cops inside are fine because it’s blinded.

yes people are throwing trash,  aside from that they are protesting on their rights

The cop should have got back and find other way to go where they where supposed to go. 

idk violence x violence isn’t the answer. People were in a more dangerous position than the cops. They did not respect people. What is happening? 

clearly you know nothing about law or police work.

Throwing trash to someone is not a way of protesting, it's seen as a way of battery or physical aggression. Cops aren't trained to retreat in situations like these, they're there to put order.

Clearly you're not a smart person so I won't entertain your 2 cells any more.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

That’s attempted vehicular manslaughter. Are you seriously saying it was okay for that cop to ram his car into human beings? Granted the protesters shouldn’t have blocked the road, he needs to be charged. If you see nothing wrong with what this cop did, then you’re part of the problem 

Actually it's personal defense and charges can be brought against the people.

This cop did nothing wrong as it's an act of defense. If he was speeding through it, that's a different issue.

• Like 3

one thing has nothing to do with the other

If they were vandalizing the bad cop's car, I'd be all for it. But looting some random cops' car doesn't prove anything.

Agree to disagree. There is no way in my mind I can justify a police man ramming their cop car which is usually well armored into a crowd full of people. I don't see them being trained that way and if they are then thats part of the problem. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

clearly you know nothing about law or police work.

Throwing trash to someone is not a way of protesting, it's seen as a way of battery or physical aggression. Cops aren't trained to retreat in situations like these, they're there to put order.

Clearly you're not a smart person so I won't entertain your 2 cells any more.

I am not smart but human. What do you mean? 

6 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

This cop did nothing wrong as it's an act of defense. If he was speeding through it, that's a different issue.

I WORK IN THE LEGAL FIELD! The cop was not in the right! Charges will be brought! Are you kidding me? He could’ve put his truck in reverse, instead he hit the gas pedal. You can’t be serious right now. Ridiculous! ATTEMPTED VEHICULAR MANSLAUGHTER!

You’re the same guy who posted that dumb post this morning saying Britney’s only had TWO songs hit number 1 on iTunes, then you got dragged to the depths of hell by everyone. Clearly, you’re in la la land and not with the rest of us

• Love 1
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

People were PEACEFULLY protesting and they were abused by the police. Please be quiet 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Agree to disagree. There is no way in my mind I can justify a police man ramming their cop car which is usually well armored into a crowd full of people. I don't see them being trained that way and if they are then thats part of the problem. 

I respect your opinion even when we disagree 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I am not talking about the law. I am talking about common sense. You have people in front of you that you could hurt (if you are a cop or not doesn’t matter)  and you are actually well protected and in a better position. Why run over them? What human with common sense would do that?

• Like 1