Protests: Are they happening in your city? Are you participating? Thoughts?

• Content Curators
53 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

Cool so now the new story is that the rioters didnt actually mean to riot. The riots just "happened" but the rioters had nothing to do with them, the damage was obviously done by right wing plants disguised as left wing people rioting.

The amount of excuses people are making for them bc they realize how much the "protests" were damaging to their cause :cackling:

jesus christ im just talking some of the things ive heard

why do u get so flustered from me sharing my opinion? and i was talking about smaller local riots that u probs havent heard of cause they arent on global news cause the media only portrays this whole movement as just a bunch of violent oppressed people snapping 

go worry about more real issues instead dude

Id like to pose a question here, and Im genuinely interested to understand some peoples rationales.

My friends neighbor just committed suicide the other day, leaving his wife and children behind, bc his business was going under and his debt suffocating bc of corona lockdown.

Back when there were protests against the lockdown by people who wanted nothing more than to be able to make a living and provide for their families, many of you were calling them nasty names like "grandma and grandpa killers", "flat earthers", "murderers" etc.

Now that theres a protest you actually support though, a protest with no social distance, no guidelines... actually no rules whatsoever- you all of a sudden dont care about corona at all, and on the ramifications such mass protests can and will create regarding corona. Please explain?

As I demonstrated, lockdown for some people can be as deadly as a police officer choking a guy. Both cases are based upon life and death scenarios. Any explanation for the inconsistency...?

• Like 1
19 hours ago, DonoDotto said:

I too fail to understand how looting and trashing their own hometowns achieves anything whatsoever aside from distancing people from supporting them.

Also waiting for an explanation as to how people who just wanted to go to work to provide for their families are "grandma and grandpa murderers" while these completely unregulated, undistanced, out of control riots get a free pass.

You also fail to mention how most of these looters and vandals are white folks who infiltrated the protests:

that's very convenient of you.

6 hours ago, JustWendy said:

You also fail to mention how most of these looters and vandals are white folks who infiltrated the protests:

that's very convenient of you.

Critical thinking skills.

1. Who said theyre not participating in the protests? Is there any relevancy to their being "white" if theyre there to support BLM?

2. Countless buildings have been looted, how do 3 videos of 3 buildings being looted by "white" people prove that "most of the looting is by white folks"? Unless someone made a tally of every single building that was looted, youd have no way of legitimately making a claim about the skin color of "most" of the looters.

6 hours ago, JustWendy said:

Go back to Fox News or InfoWars. 

None of your response has anything to do with the questions I posed.

To the contrary, it just sounds like youre trying to get an upper hand in the convo by playing "moral superior".

If your intention was to ask me my thoughts on the video- I think its awful. I dont think theres anyone who would disagree either.

Its misleading and dishonest to post non controversial in an effort to imply that I or anyone else is against it.

Leave it to you to somehow bring "Fox News" or "Infowars" into the convo, despite nobody having mentioned them or brought in sources from them.

2 hours ago, unusualjay said:

I am curious as to why you think this is "interesting" ?

Well it's not a UK issue like it is in the US, I've seen many criticise those at the protest for protesting about something that won't make any difference here. But to me, it just shows how much of an issue it is worldwide. I also saw an article earlier today about there being protests in New Zealand. 

7 minutes ago, Isla said:

Well it's not a UK issue like it is in the US, I've seen many criticise those at the protest for protesting about something that won't make any difference here. But to me, it just shows how much of an issue it is worldwide. I also saw an article earlier today about there being protests in New Zealand. 

Because wrong is wrong is wrong is wrong. I think you're right if people from other countries are willing to protest something that doesn't directly effect them then I dont know how anyone can still be defending it.

We even had Amish protestors. I dont even know how they found out since they dont have access to electronics :imacat: but the more the better.

• Like 1
On 5/31/2020 at 12:22 AM, DonoDotto said:

Do explain what this has to do with the subject at hand? Make a seperate thread if all youre interested in doing is posting unrelated videos of police wrongdoings.

I think it's time for you to stop trying to excuse police brutality and racist killings of black folks in America. There's no amount of alternative facts with which you can save face, Kellyanne.

Blinking GIF by Wendy Williams - Find & Share on GIPHY

11 minutes ago, Isla said:

While I do agree with you about it being a world wide issue. It is also a prominent issue in the UK, I live in London as well. Its nowhere as outrageous as it is in the US but do not be fooled, racial inequalities exist here in Britain as well.

43 minutes ago, unusualjay said:

While I do agree with you about it being a world wide issue. It is also a prominent issue in the UK, I live in London as well. Its nowhere as outrageous as it is in the US but do not be fooled, racial inequalities exist here in Britain as well.

Oh no, I am aware that there is definitely still signs for racial discrimination in the UK. But it's nowhere near the same level in the US. Police brutality is also not that much of an issue of here as far as I'm aware either. 

I'm in Canada and there was protests held in Vancouver, which is a few hours from me. And I support the cause and am utterly frustrated at the endless repeated deaths of black individuals at the hands of white police officers, though I'm not a fan of groups, noise, or public disorder. If there was a demonstration here I MAY go, but... eugh. Crowds are not for me.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block